Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:49:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Its that time again, what altcoin are you holding at a loss?  (Read 1857 times)
pinkflower (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:46:37 AM

The only altcoin I am holding is Burst and I will keep holding no matter how low the price goes. Nothing hurts more than seeing your coin go down in market value. I was tempted to sell but I believe in the Proof of Capacity Consortium's ability to deliver some good for Burst that I have decided to buy more.

What about you, what altcoin are you loyally holding and why?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:04:03 AM

PIVX, which is surprisingly immune to how most alts go down if BTC goes up.

Not your keys, not your coins!
pawanjain

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:22:02 AM

The only altcoin I am holding is Burst and I will keep holding no matter how low the price goes. Nothing hurts more than seeing your coin go down in market value. I was tempted to sell but I believe in the Proof of Capacity Consortium's ability to deliver some good for Burst that I have decided to buy more.

That's absolutely true man. It does feel bad when you see your coin go down but its crypto, if it goes down it means it will rise soon.
I am currently holding DGB which is the most affected by the fork. You can see it has gone down to 170 satoshis which is like a blood bath for it.
I bought it at 500 satoshis thinking it will rise soon but you see what has happened to it now. People are saying it will go lower than 100 satoshis and that's when i am thinking to buy it more. It does have a lot of potential and it can give a good return after the fork.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:06:39 AM

i sold everything i owned, every single altcoin. i was holding a couple more that i sold last night at a small loss. in total i have not lost anything though because they were still in profit anyways so the loss was covered by the previous profit making it negligible.

at times like this it is always best to stay out of altcoin market until they bottom out. the worst thing i fear is panic sells specially in the top altcoins.

also as @bathrobehero said i have had my eye on PIVX for some time, i don't hold any though. i am expecting a big rally out of it, that is why i am watching it. i am waiting for a dip or something to get in Roll Eyes

Buying the dip...
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:57:19 AM

I still hold on to my portfolio because those coins I'm holding are there because I believe in the projects, what one should be doing now is to get into project one like and have been watching closely at discount the ICO price
stephen-dimensionsnetwork

Activity: 20
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:01:12 AM

NXT :-)
ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:03:25 AM

Bitcoin Cash. I bought Bitcoin cash when it's around 900$ , I lost almost 60%. It's very sad, I bought at the peak of price. Because of the hype before that Bitcoin cash will be the next Bitcoin or the real bitcoin. Now I'm very lost, Bitcoin cash is the most altcoin that I have big lost.
Sungoku

Activity: 462
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:05:53 AM

so much altcoin that I hold to be a loss,
this is really crazy because of the bitcoin price that soars into the sky
CarlOrff

Activity: 826
Merit: 440

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:06:58 AM

The altcoins I hold, even with loss :
 - XZC : ZCoin
   Why : because it is the best anonyme coin and the market want a anonymous coin
 - LBC : Lbry coin
   Why : because the library project is a very universal project and very helpfull for people all around the world
 - MNM and ARTE : Minereum and Artemine
   Why : because they are the firsts and only coins whit a lot of promising features : self mining, altcoins builders, ICO builders...

Bitcoin + privacy respect = BitcoinZ (topic BitcoinZ)
The only decentralized crypto that complements Bitcoin on privacy.
You missed Bitcoin in 2009 ? Do not miss BitcoinZ in 2018 !
imteaz

Activity: 532
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 06:08:33 AM

Clam is 60% down. Unbelievable! From $12 to $4, within couple of hours, now holding on $5 to $6. But the way it drops, it scares me about alt coin. In future you have to think before you invest. I believe in next few days more alt coin will fall to bottom.

wrxbuzz

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:19:28 AM

I hold many coins but they are in loss, aragon, bancor, status, stox, and so forth. I am tired of watching daily price, and I want to focus on the value and future of blockchain tech.
Iyasa_Aragaki

Activity: 91

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:26:08 AM

BTS, DASH, NXT, XLM, XRP it is the coins that I love because now the price is far from the initial price when I buy
I want to sell it but the thing that will happen loss, but there are positive things that I can at least I have grip on the highest price of this in order to avoid panic
Nalbo

Activity: 870
Merit: 125

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:32:14 AM

For me its Reddcoin and NEO, I bought them when they were really hyped. I don't think I'll get back my investment from REDD so I'm investing more on NEO to bring down my average buying price.
synapsisxxx

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Decentralization shall be the end of the Old World

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:34:38 AM

GOLEM!

Bought in half at 50 cents and the rest half at 26 cents. In fact I started donating it to some friends, lol.

Hope it turns back around.
Elijah.elisha

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:16:37 AM

That's absolutely true man. It does feel bad when you see your coin go down but its crypto, if it goes down it means it will rise soon.
I am currently holding DGB which is the most affected by the fork. You can see it has gone down to 170 satoshis which is like a blood bath for it.
I bought it at 500 satoshis thinking it will rise soon but you see what has happened to it now. People are saying it will go lower than 100 satoshis and that's when i am thinking to buy it more. It does have a lot of potential and it can give a good return after the fork.

"It does have a lot of potential and it can give a good return after the fork." I'm really looking forward to this mate, I was expecting DGB to go up to atleast 750 when I bought it. Its heartbreaking to see it go down. I'm thinking of selling it to lessen the loss. But then your post makes me think otherwise. Smiley BTS is also in my portfolio, which like DGB it's also going down, however reviews about it says its the altcoin that has the potential to go up in the future.
ruffles2016

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:59:34 AM

Musicoin. I think it is going to launch very useful platform for music makers. I wish I could buy it at bottom. Now Im stabbed to loss like %30. But I don't really mind it. It is great coin.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:17:38 AM

I'm definitely holding NEO and LSK, those two coins will go straight back up as soon as the bitcoin gold hype is over.

numiv

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:46:34 AM

I still hold on to my portfolio because those coins I'm holding are there because I believe in the projects, what one should be doing now is to get into project one like and have been watching closely at discount the ICO price.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:49:27 AM

To be frankly, almost all of my altcoins that I hold is dropping so hard, and it's mainly because the HF of bitcoin that soon to be coming and the price pump for bitcoin
just like as you said, it's hurt to see the altcoins we hold dropping down, but lets see after HF ended, all altcoin will be pumped again.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:56:13 AM

that is why Stop-Loss was invented Cheesy

you either use some kind of automation to place stop loss orders or you just do it yourself when you reach your limit. for example if the altcoin you have invested in loses 5% you dump it before it grows bigger. that way you prevent huge losses like 60% that someone mentioned above!

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: