Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:02:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is comparable to gold  (Read 1065 times)
feitebi.com (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:11:48 AM

Today, Bitcoin hit a new high, Bitcoel prices once soared to more than 27,000, is to go to 40000, since 2000, since the special currency gradually affect the world.
At the same time the emergence of Bitcoin not only for the broad money investors to bring the opportunity to make money, but also sent a block of this great product, the current look at the bitcoin can be said to survey than gold.
edynolan

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:36:54 AM

In my opinion, bitcoin is better than gold for now, as seen from bitcoin prices in recent months has risen quite high
centralbanksequalsbombs

Activity: 378
Merit: 278

Bitcoin :open immutable decentralized global fair

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:42:10 AM

Gold is one of those assets like stocks that is actively controlled, and manipulated by the central banking system in the world.

Bitcoin is free of such manipulation.

Even this (now) old chart below thru August'17 when BTC roughly only 3200usd back then):

The above shows
Bitcoin/USD
S&P 500 Stocks
Real Estate (REITs)
Gold
Bonds

btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:43:59 AM

I was made a right decision when I've change my last investment which was gold , 2 years ago and changed into bitcoin !
I made significant amount of profit when I trade bitcoin and I'm still invest it by investing 10%  every month until now
tengek37

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:48:44 AM

Not comparable but the comparison now is 1: 100 where one hundred gold can represent 1 bitcoin. This is because the bitcoin price movement is very significant and continues to rise despite occasional surprising price corrections but the price will be normal and rise again.
cengsuwuei

Activity: 714
Merit: 516

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:51:14 AM

if you want only get profit bitcoin is the best
if you want saving and long term investment gold physic is above bitcoin

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14..

..Buy Now..

13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:53:31 AM

Bitcoin in general has had way faster progress climbing up in price from when it came into existence, compared to gold. On the other hand, gold which has been a depleting resource has soared up in the past century. Just imagine where the price of Bitcoin would be as we near the 21 million total supply mark.
Then again, comparing a physical resource to a digital currency just because of the price is absurd as they're nowhere connected to each other.
diagla

Activity: 161

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:55:14 AM

Bitcoin is like virtual gold. Yup. Actually it is even better than gold because gold is hard to divide up to make payments.
alucard23

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:03:48 AM

It can be compared with respect to properties like limited supply, and the possibility for anyone to mine it, provided they have mining equipment.

Some would say Bitcoin is even better, since it is unseizable, it has almost zero cost to store and to protect, and it can be transferred over the internet.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
retnoanjani

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 07:04:29 AM

basically, bitcoin is almost the same as gold. to get it there must be a mine and both are rare items. but in my opinion, bitcoin is superior because:
1. universal
2. easy to store
3. no need to carry it when ingim is sold moved
4. can be used as a means of payment
Cmiiww

thinkdifferent

Activity: 212

ASK ME FOR LOANS

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:06:19 AM

if you want only get profit bitcoin is the best
if you want saving and long term investment gold physic is above bitcoin

Both are good for long-term profits. Gold is very old and most trusted investment but Bitcoin is new and more dynamic so it is good to invest in both.

ASK ME FOR LOANS
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:29:56 AM

Gold is one of those assets like stocks that is actively controlled, and manipulated by the central banking system in the world.

Bitcoin is free of such manipulation.

Like any other asset there is, bitcoin is also prone to market manipulation even though it is decentralized in nature. If a large portion of the circulating supply is held by a few groups of people, they can manipulate the price at their own will and make others suffer from buying into their own bags.

Gold, unlike bitcoin, cannot be moved easily, has tons of backing from different nations around the world and is valued for a couple centuries now. Also, bitcoin, IMO doesn't have any intrinsic value which gold has, so with these two points gold is a clear winner but does not necessarily make it the winner.

Both can be used as a store of value and investment, but bitcoin can be more flexible since it can be used as a means of payment without having to carry tons of weight (and potentially be ambushed, lol) whenever needed.
HarleyQuinn9876

Activity: 209

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:15:59 AM

Today, Bitcoin hit a new high, Bitcoel prices once soared to more than 27,000, is to go to 40000, since 2000, since the special currency gradually affect the world.
At the same time the emergence of Bitcoin not only for the broad money investors to bring the opportunity to make money, but also sent a block of this great product, the current look at the bitcoin can be said to survey than gold.
Bitcoin is better than gold, but only in investment. Invest in bitcoin to earn high profits. Gold is suitable for hoarding. I recommend investing in bitcoin

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
███████                  A new era of charity                    ███████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Almat

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:15:53 AM

They are similar with respect to the way they can effectively store value, but the biggest difference is that gold is far more stable. That comes with drawbacks, of course, since it can't appreciate the way Bitcoin does. Bitcoin is also more fluid because it can be used in online exchanges. Gold can be a pain to sell.
Usui-Chan

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:19:12 AM

Yes you can compare the price of bitcoin with gold but the stability and rarity of gold is it's selling point, not like bitcoin, which has an unstable market price or value.
waqarkahloon

Activity: 231

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:45:57 AM

this game is above this talk now. BTC is here since 6 years while gold is from ages. Yet BTC is much higher than gold. So gold is good investment but BTC is super excellent investment in current scenario

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
Al Amin

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:56:04 PM

For now it's not. Because bitcoin is far superior, visible with increasingly high prices. But both have their own weaknesses and advantages. Bitcoin excels with its transaction system but there is no "real value" like gold.

ClvrGmr

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 01:03:05 PM

Yes it is, why? because although many people think that bitcoin just have its value so high we can't think of it as a gold. Gold is something so precious and kind of intimidating when heard isn't it? When someone has a gold it is like they are so rich and have a lot of treasures. Now if you think of it if someone has a lot of bitcoin, when you know what bitcoin is and what its value is, you may saw him as a rich person. The growth of bitcoin creates its own opportunities to grow more. Thus, surpassing many assets and like this makes up to the level of gold.
chichigirl

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

HELENA

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:13:33 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2017, 01:26:00 AM by chichigirl

Bitcoin is comparable to gold when we talk about the price of BTC, bitcoin is more expensive than gold but gold is more stable than BTC but inspite of the stability of gold, investors keep their investment with BTC because of the greater profit that they can have with BTC which they can't achieve with gold.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Candyflipboy

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:13:41 PM

In my opinion, Btc is already gold in countries where you can buy property for it.
Basically I prefer to keep my money not in bank but in crypto.
From time to time exchange rate of usual money shows traffic moves so bitcoin is the only way to keep money for ordinary guy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: