Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:50:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Prediction: price will be stable or rise when Gox trading resumes  (Read 2175 times)
qualia8 (OP)

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 03:45:25 AM

Analysis.  Some account holders at BTC had lots of bitcoins and wanted out.  They withdrew, transferred to Tradehill and sold.  (Why would they delay, if they were panicky?)  Thus, the price has dropped a bit from $17 at Tradehill down to $15.  Thus, the sellers of BTC have already cashed them out.

That leaves people with lots of cash in Mt. Gox.  Some want out and some are content to leave it parked there or to play the market there.  Those who leave their cash in Gox will, if anything, push prices up when trading resumes.  Others want to get their cash out ASAP.  They will either use Dwolla or wire service from MtGox itself, or if they don't trust Mt. Gox they will buy BTC, transfer them to Tradehill or some other exchange, and sell BTC there and get wire / Dwolla from the other exchange.  Either way, it's no difference to BTC price, as they're moving dollars to dollars.

tl;dr -- the selloff has already happened.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Teej

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 04:08:29 AM

What makes you think cash didn't get pulled just as fast as btc?
stic.man

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 04:15:48 AM

What makes you think cash didn't get pulled just as fast as btc?

$1000/day limit plus you can take out 100btc which is worth at least $1500 right now
DrYe5

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 04:28:04 AM

Analysis.  Some account holders at BTC had lots of bitcoins and wanted out.  They withdrew, transferred to Tradehill and sold.  (Why would they delay, if they were panicky?)  Thus, the price has dropped a bit from $17 at Tradehill down to $15.  Thus, the sellers of BTC have already cashed them out.

That leaves people with lots of cash in Mt. Gox.  Some want out and some are content to leave it parked there or to play the market there.  Those who leave their cash in Gox will, if anything, push prices up when trading resumes.  Others want to get their cash out ASAP.  They will either use Dwolla or wire service from MtGox itself, or if they don't trust Mt. Gox they will buy BTC, transfer them to Tradehill or some other exchange, and sell BTC there and get wire / Dwolla from the other exchange.  Either way, it's no difference to BTC price, as they're moving dollars to dollars.

tl;dr -- the selloff has already happened.

I don't know. A prediction this detailed requires supporting data. Right now this is just a load of conjecture.
NO_SLAVE

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 04:35:24 AM

its going to $600,  no really, we'll maybe not right away.
qualia8 (OP)

Activity: 237

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 04:36:39 AM

it IS just a conjecture.  8 million different things could happen between now and then.  it's just my best guess based on the current info.
Hook^

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 06:52:25 AM

That may be true, but I am still putting in orders for much lower bitcoin prices in case it drops a bunch.  I would be negligent if I didn't and the market cratered.
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2011, 07:07:35 AM

Conjecture yes. Unfounded NO I agree with this "prediction" Grin

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
Yeti

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Firstbits: 1yetiax

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 09:20:10 AM

+1

And seeing that TradeHill prices are on the rise again, a lot of people - surprisingly - did not panic.

I have to admit, I was wary at first but the way Magical Mark handled all of this restored some of my confidence. Seeing my balance untouched after almost a week of outage AND the user database out in the wild felt very good. If anything, this incident made Mt. Gox safer and thus stronger in the future.

Since I can't be around for the opening bell I will just leave my BTC at Gox and see what happened when I come back home. Or next week. Or next month. I'm in it for the long run anyway.

1YetiaXeuRzX9QJoQNUW84oX2EiXnHgp3 or http://payb.tc/yeti

Since Bitcoin Randomizer is dead, join the Bitcoin Pyramid (referrer id #203)! Be quick, be on top! Instant payout as soon as one of your referrals deposits!
Atom

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

"Basics Of Generational Dynamics" - Look it up!

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2011, 09:22:25 AM

I for one am standing with a big net cast waiting to catch the BTC if they truly drop.  I don't think I'm alone out here with my big net Smiley   This bull market is just getting started lol

BitTalk
with Atlas & Atom
A Show for the Bitcoin Universe, Fresh Episodes Weekly!
Episode 3 out now at BitTalk.tv

Liked this weeks episode of BitTalk?  Send us your 2¢ (.02BTC) 
13RVBjpo3xLeDBkB2NM64N8sWK4fariZUu
YoYa

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2011, 09:54:08 AM

Some sunny spells with scatter showers. Rain's clearing later but with the occasional mist here and there. Occasional gusts of wind followed by spells of calm. Prices varying in the range of 0.1 to OMFGBBQWTF!!!!

Goldman Sachs here I come!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: