Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:12:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you die, what will happen with your coins?  (Read 4140 times)
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:14:04 PM

Bad idea. Terrible idea. Printing it out on paper is the best way. USB sticks are flash memory and thus volatile. It's called flash memory for a reason and that is it won't hold your data over long periods of time and it's not suitable for backups and never was designed for that. USB sticks are only ment for transfering data not to store it. A USB harddrive would be a better idea. Actually as many back ups as you can make in different forms would be best. You can never have too many backups.

Sebas.tian

Activity: 2058
Merit: 165

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:05:43 AM

I would store in on a bank a flash drive (or in a paper) with all my private keys and all the instructions they might need for claiming those properties which can only be opened by my spouse or my parents.

Chairul Muttaqin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:55:52 AM

Hi there

I have been thinking about this for a while and I have seen the same question in the Spanish thread. So, if you die do you have a plan to give you currencies to your relatives?

This is mu strategy: I have copied the paper wallets in a usb key, compressed with a password. The usb key contains a file with the instructions to guess the password (you have to know me in person). This usb has been put in my house, in the drawer, with some clothes. So if anything happens suddenly to me, I hope that my family, one day, will remove my clothes off and the usb will appear.    If the follow the instructions the will keep all the money.

Any other ideas?

anyone cannot access your coins and it will lose forever. because no one can log in to you wallet except you are provided paper wallet which print alll if your wallet information.

▄█████████████████████████▄
       ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
     ▄████▀                       ▀███
    ████▀                           ████
   ████                              ████
  ████                                ████
 ████       ███████████████████        ████
████         ███████████████████        ███
████                       ▀████        ███
████                        ████        ███
████▄                      ▄████        ███
 ████       ████████████████████       ███
  ████      ███████████████████       ███
   ████     █████                    ███
    ████▄   █████                  ███
     ▀████▄ █████       ▄██▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀
       ▀█████████     ██     ▄▄▄
          ▀██████    ▀▀▀██████

▄█████████████          ███████              ▄█████████████          █████████████
 ████████████████        ████ ████            ████████████████       ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
              ████      ████   ████                        ████    ████            ████
               ████    ████     ████                        ████   ████            ████
              ████    ████       ████                      ████    ████            ████
█████████████████    ████         ████       █████████████████     ████       ▄▄   ████
████████████████    ████           ████      ████████████████      ████       ███▄  ███
████               ████   ██████████████     ████         ████      ████▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄ 
████              ████   ████████████████    ████          ████       ████████████████▄▄
//A GREEN, SMART AND CONNECTED CITY PLATFORM
● ▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬ ●  MEDIUM | REDDIT | FACEBOOK | TELEGRAM | TWITTER | YOUTUBE | ANNOUNCEMENT  

- W P -

██████████████████▄
     ██           ██  ██▄ 
     ██           ██    ██▄
     ██           ██     ██▄
     ██           ██████████
     ██                   ██          
     ██                   ██
     ██                   ██
     ██                   ██
     ██                   ██
     ██                   ██
     ██                   ██
     ██                   ██
     ███████████████████████
vic_veles

Activity: 476
Merit: 22

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:33:00 AM

When a person dies, he will already be like with his coins
jack05

Activity: 469
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:41:58 AM

If you invest much money in coins you can make a treasure map for your wife or children which will be show how use your wallet and pay your coin. It is options from me Cheesy
masonli@M_27

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:05:43 PM

Hi there

I have been thinking about this for a while and I have seen the same question in the Spanish thread. So, if you die do you have a plan to give you currencies to your relatives?

This is mu strategy: I have copied the paper wallets in a usb key, compressed with a password. The usb key contains a file with the instructions to guess the password (you have to know me in person). This usb has been put in my house, in the drawer, with some clothes. So if anything happens suddenly to me, I hope that my family, one day, will remove my clothes off and the usb will appear.    If the follow the instructions the will keep all the money.

Any other ideas?

if i die i would like to give my all coins property to my sister. so i have to reveal my passwords and data to my sister. i don't want to leave like that my money and property easily. we have to saving our coins for earning profit purpose so if i die means how can i leave it was. so i can't leave it easily. seriously i want to transfer my all property money and coins to my sister.
scarell

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:17:07 PM

the most important thing in the world is relations. so there are no questions what to do with your coins ... you need to immediately pass on passwords to a trusted person
Moz90

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:33:38 PM

Im sure your loved ones already know you have some coins so they'll know what to do.
aitorp6 (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:34:36 PM

Than you very much for your responses, I'm happy because I'm not the only person who has thought about this....  Grin Grin Grin

I have read several responses and I agree with you.  We need to give our passwords (private keys) to a trusted person. But what if this persons in not very good with new technologies? So in the same way, we have to form this person, teach them how to use the keys and get the invested money.
ZaineJJ

Activity: 35

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:39:38 PM

Till now i haven't heard on the news family fighting over bitcoins XD
Write down on a paper leave, a will split all the coins to diff hardware devices and whoever is rightful will get the hardware and phasepass, seed, etc what ever is important
Simple like tradition who u gonna leave ur house to when u pass on ur bank balance ?
Gargo

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:30:32 PM

You can store your private key in Cloud services like Dropbox or GD and write your account information on a paper and store it somewhere in bank locker, encrypt (ex. MD5) your password with an answer of question that you're sure who you want to share the data with knows. Write a will and let that person knows about your will and the private key and ask them to answer the question decrypt it and they have the password.

It seems to me that the best solution would be to pass it on to someone who knows it and does not waste it. If I had something to do with it, I would give it to my friend who knows the stuff and he would take care of my family. You need to find someone who is trustworthy.
bitgov

Activity: 1554
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:33:07 PM

Hi there

Any other ideas?
Because it is an online currency, which is very often not subject to any taxes, just pass the key to a family member who will be able to transport our coins to their account.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
cocoinin

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:26:24 PM

that one is very dark joke

but, seriously - yes, that is the problem, if key was not stored somehow to be transferable to family members.

Maybe we should start another blockchain storage to store encrypted crypto keys in multisig records to be released only if someone dies.
hownowbrowncow

Activity: 262

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:48:31 AM

At this point, they will be lost to the collective.
Fatalzo

Activity: 39

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:06:30 AM

Solution is : Give all the details to the most person you trust ...  Wink
gmf1000

Activity: 400

Play2Live presale starts on 5th December

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:18:59 AM

You can store your private key in Cloud services like Dropbox or GD and write your account information on a paper and store it somewhere in bank locker, encrypt (ex. MD5) your password with an answer of question that you're sure who you want to share the data with knows. Write a will and let that person knows about your will and the private key and ask them to answer the question decrypt it and they have the password.

I think this is a good idea.., you dont't wanna make your coin gone when you die...
And it would be good if your child can have that assets ~

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
hownowbrowncow

Activity: 262

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:39:48 AM

lol
giga_999

Activity: 133

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 12:54:14 PM

make a step by step instruction(wallet address , password, etc) how to open and probably your relative will transfer on his/her wallet.. keep this instruction on a hard disk.

cr o w d F o r c e    ▸▸▸   [ Private Sale: Open ]
Global Decentralized Network Of Micro Businesses
chadzscript

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:44:53 PM

Hm that is a bad scenario for me because if i die no one can access my accounts even my family but anyway in terms of bitcoin i dont have enough so it's ok lol.
2handsnofingers

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:46:23 PM

Well I need to give instructions to relatives on how to retrieve them to make that work
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: