Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:48:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin not so anonymous?  (Read 833 times)
Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:57:08 AM

The blockchain is opened, everyone sees everything. Bitcoin has "pseudonymity". For example, if an attacker demands a ransom for a wallet, then everyone understands that the wallet belongs to a bad guy. And since anyone can follow the transactions from this wallet, it will not be possible to simply take advantage of Bitcoin, because revealing the identity somewhere means the government immediately catch him. Almost at all stock exchanges for an exchange for ordinary money it is necessary to pass through identification.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sidebyside

Activity: 245
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:28:45 AM

I think it is anonymous. does not belong to anyone. It exists and grows not the management of any organization. Investors involved in bitcoin do not need to provide too much personal information.

wall101

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:13:08 PM

Bitcoin is known in different countries in our world case that I just do not even know who owns and who owns a bitcoin but for sure I do not worry about it because I like it because for bitcoin you earn just how big it is and how to use it and how to make it here because there are so many problems when you think about the owner here.
yangjun1991

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:32:59 AM

Bitcoin is not really anonymous because it has a ledger recording all of our transactions and everyone could look up to our own bitcoin addresses but not our real information. Once they know who that person is using that address, you are doomed i guess.
raven1322

Activity: 171
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:00:01 AM

The IRS has stated that recently they can track down people who are making a profit of Bitcoin without claiming it on their tax return. I wonder if the Core Engineers will start to look at ways to keep Bitcoin anonymous from prying eyes of the IRS and other Governments?

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
No need to worry about this, the trading being done in btc are technically not yet under the jurisdiction of the taxation system. Not unless you country has regulated it already.

johhnyUA
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1834

Crypto for the Crypto Throne!

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:42:15 PM

Such is the meaning of dragnet mass surveillance.  It is the total destruction of even the most basic dignity.  It respects nothing sacred, leaves no part of you untouched and inviolate, admits no freedom.  It fears no gods, but deifies itself with omniscience and omnipotence.  It is an invisible collar around your neck, from your cradle to your grave.  “If you’re not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to hide.”  No!  Because I do nothing wrong, I have nothing to show.  I am a man, not a worm; therefore, my life is none of your business.

Thank you for your posts. Despite, you're bitcoin fanatic, you're telling right things about civilization and relationships in it Smiley

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
monkeydominicorobin

Activity: 294
Merit: 104

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:09:15 PM

The IRS has stated that recently they can track down people who are making a profit of Bitcoin without claiming it on their tax return. I wonder if the Core Engineers will start to look at ways to keep Bitcoin anonymous from prying eyes of the IRS and other Governments?

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

So who says that Bitcoin is anonymous. It is built as a transparent system.

DPrillio

Activity: 693
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:33:36 PM

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

So who says that Bitcoin is anonymous. It is built as a transparent system.
Yes, bitcoin is not anonymous in fact most people around the world knows about the way points of bitcoin. The only anonymous thing in bitcoin is the transaction from the blockchain.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: