Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:29:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Silver  (Read 679 times)
DogeMajestic (OP)

Activity: 139
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:58:16 AM

With all the hoax Bitcoins happening,

Bitcoin Cash
Bitcoin Gold

the next logical one will be Bitcoin Silver. So in January 2018 we will see Bitcoin Silver?

So I get this right, do I, all the hoax bitcoins are nothing but promoting Bitcoin itself. That's what they really do because other than that they can't do much.

Don't accept the scams
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PMmesexycoins

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

Stake's discord https://discord.gg/cZhK9vp

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:07:49 AM

Maybe. For all I know, It's only getting started. When everyone can print money, then everyone tries to print money scenario?

DogeMajestic (OP)

Activity: 139
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:12:01 AM

Maybe. For all I know, It's only getting started. When everyone can print money, then everyone tries to print money scenario?

Hopefully this won't backfire when some folks make a false connection in their minds, like when Bitcoin Cash goes to bottom prices, some may think the real Bitcoin is to blame.

It's important for Bitcoin supporters to point out that those coins are just feeding off the Bitcoin brand and have little to do with the real Bitcoin

Don't accept the scams
Almat

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:17:50 AM

We can't discount the possibility of forks happening, but I doubt any will be called Bitcoin Silver. The name implies that it's inferior to Bitcoin Gold, so people looking to diversify would consider Bitcoin Gold instead. There's also Litecoins, which are basically Bitcoin Silver.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:05:19 AM

we already have a lot of altcoins that are called "bitcoin blah blah"! at some point coming up with names will become impossible. there is only finite number of words and even less meaningful ones for a name in English language.

the following are the names of altcoins using "bitcoin" name:
bitcoin cash
bitcoin gold
bitcoin dark
bitcoin core (bitcore)
bitcoin plus
bitcoin script
bitcoin planet
bitcoin fast
bitcoin 21
first bitcoin
bitGold (which is bitcoin gold on waves platform)
bitcoin unlimited (which is not yet created)

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:06:44 AM

Bitburger
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 10:23:51 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2017, 10:34:00 AM by BTCLovingDude

this has always reminded me of Chinese products. if you have ever seen some of their brands there are a lot of them which use the famous brand names. like for example the Nike brand has equivalent in China called something very similar like NiRe with the same picture too but with a little difference.

obviously the Chinese version of those products are nothing close to the real ones. and they may affect the market a little but never in the long run.

here is some pictures:

--looking for signature--
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:32:46 AM

this has always reminded me of Chinese products. if you have ever seen some of their brands there are a lot of them which use the famous brand names. like for example the Nike brand has equivalent in China called something very similar like Niko with the same picture too but with a little difference.

obviously the Chinese version of those products are nothing close to the real ones. and they may affect the market a little but never in the long run.

lol well that is piracy at it's finest, but even if they got the same look they are all different in level of quality, just like bitcoin all other produce Coins from the Hard Fork are all just Altcoins and can not replace bitcoin, I don't know why they are always keeps on doing this but there are too many of it right now and in the future it might cause a big trouble for bitcoin but that is just my hint.
777Bitcoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:37:30 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2017, 08:15:52 AM by 777Bitcoin

I’ll be sarcastic at this time.

To name it to Bitcoinsilver is a little degraded from bitcoin Gold, so if they name it a new one it should be much higher than this new fork coin. Bitcoin Diamond is more attention grabber. Is it funny how this really been done but it is a serious matter when we think about our investments.
makeba

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:25:18 AM

I heard Bitcoin Diamond and Bitcoin Platinum are the next in line.  Grin
Passive Coin

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

Passive Coin - low supply coin with backing fund!

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 11:30:40 AM

How about Bitcoin Copper and Bitcoin Zink?
... and then eBTC Copper and eBTC Zink ...
and then eeBTCCopper....  Grin

Do you see how low is Bitcoin Cash trading?
... all next clones will go even lower, one day perhaps getting abandoned.

◄ Passive Coin Project Website ►
 ◄ Low 500K Supply Coin with Growing & Diversified Backing Fund! ►
●  Passive Coin Bitcointalk Topic  ●  Buy & Sell Passive Coin  ●  Passive Coin Twitter  ●  Passive Coin Facebook  ●
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:58:31 PM

I thought bitcoingold is something we get after the next fork like with bitcoincash? Will there be any coin we get after the next fork I wonder? Where did the idea for this bitcoingold originate? Do you think we will have another airdrop coin? If it is a scam how don't hey benefit? Why would it be a scam anyway?

we already have a lot of altcoins that are called "bitcoin blah blah"! at some point coming up with names will become impossible. there is only finite number of words and even less meaningful ones for a name in English language.

the following are the names of altcoins using "bitcoin" name:
bitcoin cash
bitcoin gold
bitcoin dark
bitcoin core (bitcore)
bitcoin plus
bitcoin script
bitcoin planet
bitcoin fast
bitcoin 21
first bitcoin
bitGold (which is bitcoin gold on waves platform)
bitcoin unlimited (which is not yet created)

That is so many. I never realized there were so many. Also there is lite bitcoin but it never really caught on and was a fail.

CryptoClown

Activity: 261
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:04:21 PM

I heard Bitcoin Diamond and Bitcoin Platinum are the next in line.  Grin

This sounds more okay. Don't really want the Silver or a Bronze as it sounds degraded and yeah sounds like a Chinese version if I may say.
Makes me want to think about the "e" series of altcoins that keep sprouting lately. Grin
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2147

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:15:39 PM

I think by this time most people have learned that if there's no strong community support, then a fork is nothing more but a pump and dump scheme - it happened with XT and Classic, it is happening right now with Bcash and will happen with all upcoming fork. Altcoins can only be as successful as their underlying technology and if you will look at all the forks, they are just mindless copypastes with a few tweaks, and they only get attention because they have "Bitcoin" in their name, but this attention is very short lived. No fork can come even close to competing with Bitcoin unless it proposes some really valuable changes.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:20:39 PM

I read in somewhere that there were going to be more than five forks in the next year, but i dont remember the real purpose of them, i mean, i saw a thread in this forum about a guy who posted a link.
And the fork were linked to SegWit, so maybe it makes sense at all, but all of those are predictions, i dont know if there are going to be five forks next year, maybe there are more, or maybe less.

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2017, 12:13:43 AM

Who cares how these future forks will be named? Most important to have word "Bitcoin" in the name, second word not really matters.
You can call shit in diferent words, but it will still remain to be shit.

CryptoMDS

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:17:47 AM

With all the hoax Bitcoins happening,

Bitcoin Cash
Bitcoin Gold

the next logical one will be Bitcoin Silver. So in January 2018 we will see Bitcoin Silver?

So I get this right, do I, all the hoax bitcoins are nothing but promoting Bitcoin itself. That's what they really do because other than that they can't do much.

Nice observation, it could really well go that way lol.

Bitcoin Bronze
hitlab

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:26:54 AM

These forks will have to stop at some point when everyone realizes they are worthless. Until then use it as a free dividend to accumulate more bitcoin
Kryptowerk
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401

Disobey.

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:04:37 AM

Haha, yeah when I saw Bitcoin Gold I was pretty sure this is gonna be a dump-quick-make-some profit scheme and nothing more. Just trying to jump on the bitcoin-fork hype-train relativly early.
Well, what I read so far has supported my initial resonse. Almost no content, some (probably empty) promises and a lot of FUD.
Their only selling point is GPU-mining. However there isn't even a github with content available and BTX does that successfully for months now. lol

btw: Bitcore (BTX) isn't really a fork, it's a new project (however already running stable since April). As a BTC holder you can however get free BTX without exposing your private key! Just signing a message, similar to Byteball.
I'd recommend checking out their ANN thread or their FAQ: https://steemit.com/crypto-news/@xwerk/bitcore-btx-all-important-info-f-a-q-or-2nd-oct-2017

Oh, and here is a nice comparison chart:

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBoLVvoqVY&t=288s One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet. Go check it out.
zollyharvan

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:58:00 AM

We can not underestimate the possibility of a fork, but I do not believe it will be called Bitcoin Silver. The name implies that it's lower than Bitcoin Gold, so people who want to do an examination of the truth of the report will consider Bitcoin Gold instead.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: