Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:49:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best wallet to store btc during hardfork to get bitcoin gold  (Read 7092 times)
ms.july (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 09:45:37 AM

Newbie here and I would like to know where is the best place to store our btc during the upcoming hardfork where we can receive bitcoin gold as well.

How will be receive some tokens during the split?
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6158

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:49:24 AM

As long as the wallet give you control over the private keys (Exodus, Electrum etc.) then you should be fine. It's still unclear where you could get your Bitcoin Gold as we still didn't see any wallets for the new coin yet but when that happens, you could just import the keys there.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:48:58 AM

I'm still lost as to what wallets would support  Bitcoin Gold since not much has been said about its release, but personally, I'd go for any reputable exchange that supports the fork (which is none, so far) and the rest will go to my own personal wallet. I want to be one of the first who gets into the trading action when it goes live since it could be another pump and dump scheme created by another group of devs. Have it your way, but for extreme security, I recommend going for personal wallets (Electrum and the likes) that have full support for Bitcoin Gold.
coinsgod

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:12:56 AM

I would think a Trezor or Ledger would best place to keep your Bitcoins. Surely these hardware wallets will give us the BTG.

CarlOrff

Activity: 826
Merit: 440

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:23:21 PM

Newbie here and I would like to know where is the best place to store our btc during the upcoming hardfork where we can receive bitcoin gold as well.

The best wallet to receive your future Bitcoin gold is Bitcoin core.
With Bitcoin core you have your Bitcoin in the real Bitcoin blockchain and you have the pricate keys for these adddress.

But, be carrefull, we don't know when will be the blockchain snapshot for the hard fork : Bitcoin gold is a partially premine coin and the snapshot was perhaps yesterday or before.

Bitcoin + privacy respect = BitcoinZ (topic BitcoinZ)
The only decentralized crypto that complements Bitcoin on privacy.
You missed Bitcoin in 2009 ? Do not miss BitcoinZ in 2018 !
jbourne007

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:12:25 PM

The best wallet to receive your future Bitcoin gold is Bitcoin core.
With Bitcoin core you have your Bitcoin in the real Bitcoin blockchain and you have the pricate keys for these adddress.

But, be carrefull, we don't know when will be the blockchain snapshot for the hard fork : Bitcoin gold is a partially premine coin and the snapshot was perhaps yesterday or before.

Sorry, what does it mean for the snapshot to have already occurred, could you please elaborate? thx.
Rrita

Activity: 670
Merit: 512

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:14:51 PM

Just use those wallet that provide you Private key for your wallet.I think its only the safe way to get new coin(hard fork).desktop wallet is a good choose for this. Electrum is one of them.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 09:45:36 PM

I'm still lost as to what wallets would support  Bitcoin Gold since not much has been said about its release, but personally, I'd go for any reputable exchange that supports the fork (which is none, so far) and the rest will go to my own personal wallet. I want to be one of the first who gets into the trading action when it goes live since it could be another pump and dump scheme created by another group of devs. Have it your way, but for extreme security, I recommend going for personal wallets (Electrum and the likes) that have full support for Bitcoin Gold.

Wow. Way to belittle the attempt to scale and mature the Bitcoin blockchain!

If "another group of devs" wanted to create a pump and dump scheme they'd create an ICO on Ethereum and get a bunch of newbies here to spread their cheap gospel with promises of a fat bounty upon offering. Of course that would nothing but provide the pump to be dumped.

How about you have a bit more respect for what these Bitcoin hard forks represent, instead of trying to just profit personally off it. You sound like you work for one of those too big to fail banks!
CryptoClown

Activity: 261
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:59:40 PM

I haven't heard any certain news yet on what exchangers and wallets supports BTCG so I guess we still need to wait for a few days and see if there will be announcements from these exchangers and wallet companies. I only have a few coins on my portfolio so I don't really give much attention to the fork that will happen soon but for those who have so much BTCs on their accounts hope this could be like the first fork where you got some BCC on your hands. It is always an awesome thing to have FREE MONEY  Cheesy
coinspam

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:16:50 AM

Any wallet where you control your private key is best.
KriptoCoder

Activity: 129
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:54:58 PM

It is recommended to use a hardware wallet but if you don't have hardware wallet then software wallets like Jaxx, Exodus or Coinomi should be fine. I’m using Jaxx. The most important is that you have access to your private key. What I managed to find as information is that after the BTG fork your private key will be the same for both BTC and BTG.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Teruss2

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:19:20 AM

Newbie also....if the snapshot for butch has already been taken does that mean we won’t receive new coin if we purchased btc after snapshot?
Teruss2

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:25:59 AM

Sorry...autocorrect. btcg not butch
merve10495

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:28:23 AM

There are a few questions in this thread that can be answered by this article.
I'm not a huge Nasdaq fan but the article will at least answer a few things mentioned above.
http://www.nasdaq.com/article/a-bitcoin-beginners-guide-to-surviving-the-bgold-and-segwit2x-forks-cm859324

Cheers.

zero9119

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:12:02 PM

there are local wallets try on their
TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:14:55 PM

As long as you have full control over your private keys then you are 100% secured and sure that the place where you keep your savings is safe.

masonli@M_27

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:46:05 PM

more web sites are availble for storing crypto currency. first you have to search in google and choose one of the best option for savings. next you have to keep that wallet. now a days more wallets are using transferring money so search in browser and choose one best wallet keep in that bit coins.
TaKlarPH

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:07:15 PM

•What does hardfork do? Sorry I dont get it, will it affect our tokens?

I am just a noob here I am really for the question and that you for the understanding I am really just a noob. I am in the process of learning everything here step by step.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 8237

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 01:47:06 AM

•What does hardfork do? Sorry I dont get it, will it affect our tokens?

I am just a noob here I am really for the question and that you for the understanding I am really just a noob. I am in the process of learning everything here step by step.

It seems like you don't have any tokens to worry about.  Be careful; people might start confusing you for a sig spammer.
Ahmed28

Activity: 47

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:25:45 AM

I use coinbase and it is good ! I read a lot about it and a lot of expert recommand it . Easy to use ! You can buy and sell . And secure
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: