Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:51:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New addition to the forum  (Read 480 times)
pekv2 (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 12:48:10 AM

I see brackets around the numbers. Is this new or am I just now noticing it?

Any way, I likes.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 12:52:22 AM

i guess you are noticing them now  Grin
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12974

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 01:19:43 AM

They're new. I noticed that there's an option in the settings to collapse page numbers, and enabling this also added brackets for some reason.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 01:46:39 AM

They're new. I noticed that there's an option in the settings to collapse page numbers, and enabling this also added brackets for some reason.

o.O

Looks like i never looked at them before XD
I thought they were already there, probably i use other forums more.. that's why.

Ps: +1 for collapse page number. Looks better now.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12974

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 01:50:59 AM

They actually really irritate me because I've gotten so used to the old way, but I guess I'll get used to this eventually. It's a good addition, especially on PM pages.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
pekv2 (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 01:02:31 PM

Ah, I thought I was going nuts. lol. I opened show unread posts since last visit. link. With 20 new pages, which is average for me a day, I don't see them collapsed, which collapsed I would think would be a pain, when opening 20 pages from page one without collapsing is great. But with collapsing  [which https://forum.litecoin.net/ uses, example: https://forum.litecoin.net/index.php?action=recent]  is a pain, cuz, after 2-3 pages they're collapsed, each individual page after the first one needs to be opened so on so forth. Hope you don't go this route. collapsing with >> arrows or whatever sucks.

They actually really irritate me because I've gotten so used to the old way, but I guess I'll get used to this eventually. It's a good addition, especially on PM pages.

Well, is there a way to disable the brackets on new pages for posts and have it enabled on pages for pm's? I worked with it a little, and I do too now find it kind of irritating, it's like to much moving? "i'm weird i guess" either way is cool. Like you said, have to get use to them. It's weird, I'm leaning both ways with it, I like it but don't, like, I like how it displays what page your on but then it's weird. :s  Cheesy old school like you said.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: