Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:34:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Christine Legarde, Head of IMF says "Get Serious about Bitcoin!" Article!  (Read 252 times)
cryptodoll (OP)

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

Show me your #masternodes

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:19:32 AM

This is a biggie, guys! It's time for world banks to take a closer look at digital currencies, according to Legrande, head of the International Monetary Fund. No wonder why BTC is peaking! Well, at least a part of why. Here is the article:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/13/bitcoin-get-serious-about-digital-currency-imf-christine-lagarde-says.html

HODL BTC 4EVA!!!!  Grin

ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:02:08 PM

This is great news, I think the IMF now has seen that Bitcoin can change a lot of people, I think they might try to create a crypto currency of their own and make that regulated, while trying to be ahead of Bitcoin, I think there will come a time that we will see the decentralized Bitcoin against the regulated crypto currency that IMF will produce. We should also consider that these people will try to do everything to stop something that they know will be come a threat, there is this news way back, when the Chinese yuan was declined by IMF, since they wanted the yuan to be a counterpart of the dollar, and not just another exchange. I am not against the IMF, but if they really wanted to create their own crypto currency, they should do it and leave Bitcoin alone, for what I see, is that what they are trying to do, is to get our attention and believe in them that they will help us, and with all this banning of Bitcoin from countries like China and some in the middle East, it will not be surprising if they will say that Bitcoin is good, but theirs is better, if they really want to be into crypto currency, they should declare Bitcoin to be a legal payment for all countries and they should also go against countries that bans Bitcoin. This is just what I see, that might happen, we could never tell what is their real agenda, since it seems to be timely that they suddenly came out, when Jamie dimon announced that he is no longer going to talk about Bitcoin, hopefully there will be something good that will come out of this, and will not hurt the Bitcoin community.
rcoins0720

Activity: 253
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:10:28 PM

This is great news, I think the IMF now has seen that Bitcoin can change a lot of people, I think they might try to create a crypto currency of their own and make that regulated, while trying to be ahead of Bitcoin, I think there will come a time that we will see the decentralized Bitcoin against the regulated crypto currency that IMF will produce. We should also consider that these people will try to do everything to stop something that they know will be come a threat, there is this news way back, when the Chinese yuan was declined by IMF, since they wanted the yuan to be a counterpart of the dollar, and not just another exchange. I am not against the IMF, but if they really wanted to create their own crypto currency, they should do it and leave Bitcoin alone, for what I see, is that what they are trying to do, is to get our attention and believe in them that they will help us, and with all this banning of Bitcoin from countries like China and some in the middle East, it will not be surprising if they will say that Bitcoin is good, but theirs is better, if they really want to be into crypto currency, they should declare Bitcoin to be a legal payment for all countries and they should also go against countries that bans Bitcoin. This is just what I see, that might happen, we could never tell what is their real agenda, since it seems to be timely that they suddenly came out, when Jamie dimon announced that he is no longer going to talk about Bitcoin, hopefully there will be something good that will come out of this, and will not hurt the Bitcoin community.
Probably true but the fact that dimon is also well known person he can influence also because what he said is absolutely have a point and I am sure that many people will have confusions in their mind if they will accept the bitcoin technology or not...
This could be also the exposure of bitcoin and the way to introduce them to many people I can't wait what will happen after this year
jyakulis

Activity: 468
Merit: 250

J

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:18:42 PM

Hah good news. Hell of an experiment, I must say.

Sometimes if you throw shit at the wall it sticks.

bitcoin address: 35CezzikPXjx4QmTgpeU3ByQ42s8mVcbaF
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:18:44 AM

It's encouraging to see that not all influential figures are inclined towards parroting the FUD. I should note, however, that she was not really talking about Bitcoin specifically, but rather cryptocurrencies in general. She does not think it's a fraud, but wants to improve the technology for the betterment of society.

"What we will be looking into is how this currency, the special drawing right, can actually use the technology to be more efficient and less costly," she said. 

It would be interesting to see what approach they take regarding this, and the role Bitcoin will take.

trako

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:18:19 PM

it is clear that they are now taking something seriously. this is true in turkey. when we were passing by, a minister from Turkey made a statement about this issue. The summary of the explanation is as follows;
- "The development that will deeply affect the international financial system in the middle and long term.In the beginning, it is necessary to take control of this area, rules and bases, and some developments in the international financial system will surely happen. will take place in. "

http://www.milligazete.com.tr/haber/1236268/bakandan-bitcoinin-turkiyedeki-gelecegi-hakkinda-onemli-acikl Game
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: