Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:31:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is best coin to solo mine if you don't have much hash power?  (Read 755 times)
happybob (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:58:37 AM

Hello,

I'm new to mining.  Can someone let me know what are the best coins to solo mine if I don't have much hash power?

Thanks.

Bob
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:09:31 AM

Hello,

I'm new to mining.  Can someone let me know what are the best coins to solo mine if I don't have much hash power?

Thanks.

Bob

What is your target with them? Earn on the mining? Or hope for the lottery?
happybob (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:15:28 AM

Which strategy would make me the most money in one month's time?
I guess earn money consistantly.

Bob
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:26:43 AM

Bob
There is no certain coin that will make you money on low hashpower when mined. The only thing you can do is solo mine a coin that launched within the past few days and hope that it actually turns to something in the future after you accumulate some.
Alternatively you can mine any of the popular ones (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Monero) and hope that you find a block.
It's a gamble nevertheless.
Flep182
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:47:52 AM

Bob

Then you'd have the best chance of getting something by pointing it to a pool and collect BTC, or as Emoclaw says, jump at a new coin and hope for the best.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:05:59 PM

If you are new to mining and are also looking for consistent income then solo mining is not what you are looking for.

As has already been suggested, pointing your meager hashrate at a pool will provide the most consistent source of income although it will be quite low.

Solo mining is best left to those with large farms (100's or 1000's of rigs) or for gamblers who mine a recently introduced unknown coin and hope for the best. But in either case solo mining does not provide a consistent income except possibly for those with the largest of mining farms.
happybob (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:59:30 PM

Hello,

Let's say i solo mine with a large farm.  What coins would I want to go after?

Bob
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:01:29 PM

There is no secret coin. Whatever you mine will make you roughtly the same amount of $/day after selling the alt and converting the bitcoin to fiat.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Flep182
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:06:07 PM

Hello,

Let's say i solo mine with a large farm.  What coins would I want to go after?

Bob

To make a comparison, you're asking random strangers "Imagine I had a load of cash, what stocks should I invest in".

Make an educated guess how much absolute winners you'll get tipped Wink
Valmara

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:26:20 PM

Hello,

Thanks.

Bob

hi man, i would just sell hash power to nicehash...

I concur !
You get paid in btc and you can stop/pause/start at any time.
Regular mining only pays out after a block has been found, the less power you have the less chance you have to find a block.
Also the tracking is second to none, you can see the current amount in Usd or any other currency, a graphical presentation, and a prediction.
Payouts are also spot on.
Best feature is that NH will switch to whatever makes the most at that moment. With regular mining you simply dont switch that easy several times a day.
mat4202

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:27:37 PM

Hello,

Thanks.

Bob

i solo mine (pxe) Pheonixcoin (hal) Halcyon and orbitcoin with one gtx 970 but thats about  the only coins i can mine solo, i found 9 blocks  pxe last 18hrs
minerlai

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:40:30 PM

monero because that just about the lowest hash power requirement coin that is worth it.

Paycent|ICO: 2-30 Nov ’17
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: