Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:19:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass adoption of blockchain  (Read 260 times)
highperspective (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:55:25 PM

What do you think is needed in order for blockchain to adopted by the majority?
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:01:30 PM

blockchain or bitcoin?
i hope you know that these are very different things.

blockchain is the technology and it is being adopted regardless of bitcoin. it is being used by many third parties, even altcoins are using it, banks, government, other sectors like hospitals,... in this case blockchain is being adopted and the progress is very good.

bitcoin as a decentralized currency, is a different story. the mass adoption of it takes a lot of time. many people do not yet know about bitcoin, many are skeptical about it, and there are a lot of people who don't come near it because it is not regulated or because it is volatile. there are many reasons and when one is lifted (like regulating bitcoin in Japan) the mass adoption takes one huge step forward. and with it the price rises a lot.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
TanyaDegurechaff

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

They say a thin line separates genius and madness.

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:09:18 PM

the main problem that people are skeptical when it comes to blockchain and bitcoin. Due to lack of information or sometime misinformation regarding bitcoin and blockchain and what it is used for. I myself was skeptical at first regarding bitcoin because no one fully explained to me before what bitcoin is. but after meeting by brother in law and he explained to me what is bitcoin then I started using it and I am earning bitcoin as of now.

So the best way to convince the majority is to spread the information.

"Miracles are illusions caused by insufficient observation and understanding. They're just... glorious misunderstandings."
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:14:21 PM

Blockchain is the technology behind the bitcoin which is the key factor that has made bitcoin grow much higher and get a diversified usage accessibility. The technology is getting used all around, because of the increased efficiency it has got over other traditional systems that we use on every sectors. The blockchain implementation has got its base, hope the same continues and within few years can see everything functioning associated with blockchain.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Jeger

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:36:20 PM

Well actually blockchain is getting mass adoption right now by many big to medium companies because it is actually so useful. If you are saying about mass adoption of Bitcoin then I can assure you that it will be mass adopted in couple of decades but certainly not in these few years, it takes time to be accepted globally.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★    DEEPONION | Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency (https://deeponion.org/?ref=1125436)   ❱❱❱  Guard Your Privacy! (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1125436)    ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 
❱❱❱ JOIN DEEPONION AIRDROP NOW! (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1125436)  Anonymous Transactions by TOR Network (https://deeponion.org/?ref=1125436) 
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  File Authenticity Guaranteed by ⚡DeepVault Technology (https://deeponion.org/deepvault)⚡▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Wonza99

Activity: 89

Crypto Fan

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:38:25 PM

In my country they just implemented the blockchan for the official bulletins. Something stupid, unnecessary but it's fashionable
holdingkrypto

Activity: 59

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:42:25 PM

Do you know how slow was light bulb mass adoption for example? Blockchain and bitcoin is going mainstream pretty fast and it is already an unstoppable process.
iron talon

Activity: 118

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:45:41 PM

blockchain or bitcoin?
i hope you know that these are very different things.

blockchain is the technology and it is being adopted regardless of bitcoin. it is being used by many third parties, even altcoins are using it, banks, government, other sectors like hospitals,... in this case blockchain is being adopted and the progress is very good.

bitcoin as a decentralized currency, is a different story. the mass adoption of it takes a lot of time. many people do not yet know about bitcoin, many are skeptical about it, and there are a lot of people who don't come near it because it is not regulated or because it is volatile. there are many reasons and when one is lifted (like regulating bitcoin in Japan) the mass adoption takes one huge step forward. and with it the price rises a lot.

People are mixing blockchain and bitcoin very frequently. The adoption of bitcoin is totally different than the adoption of the blockchain technology. They need to see that blockchain is the infrastructure of the idea, not an asset.
highperspective (OP)

Activity: 87

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:55:42 PM

I understand the difference between blockchain and bitcoin. But if you look at the use-cases of blockchain right now, it is some, but not a lot. My question, if you read it without thinking that there is a misunderstanding between blockchain and bitcoin is, what do you believe needs to happen in order for PEOPLE (you and I) to use blockchain?

Right now, use cases of blockchain are mostly on consortium blockchains that companies uses as a distributed database, nothing more. This is fine, but it is still off-chain. I was looking for peoples thought of the mass adoption of blockchain use cases, where normal people starts to interact with blockchain on-chain.
Rajat97

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:28:59 PM

Maybe more number of user worldwide and advertisement would help blockchain to be adopted. Because it is more safe and secure.
pixie85

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:34:04 PM

I've heard of many plans that are being worked on like blockchain voting, there's provably fair gambling system, blockchain can be used to verify fiat transactions as well, making it fully automated.
The best answer for what is needed is time. In time all the research and development will be done and people will decide if they like it and want to use it.
igrokvpoker

Activity: 173

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:37:39 PM

probably, you meant the bitcoins?

BattleTitans.io  ▼  Mobile PvP Arena of the Future  ▼  BattleTitans.io
The Most Promising ICO in October    [Join Now!]

▼  [FB]  ▬  [TW]  ▬  [TG]  ▬▬▬  [YU]  ▼
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:41:06 PM

I think once a central authority implements Blockchain technology we'd see many countries and governments follow suit. All it takes is one big gun before all the others jump in on the train.
Using the Blockchain for something simple like voting could drastically help eradicate corruption/corrupt processes in elections by showing the vote count through the Blockchain's transparency.
I recall that the UK Government were asking for public submissions regarding the usage of Blockchain technology with regards to government processes (or something along those lines).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: