Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:59:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: generalt account hacked  (Read 691 times)
real_generalt (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:16:23 PM

This is just to let everybody know that my former account generalt has been hacked.  Somebody else now has control of it.  I sent a PM to theymos but I never heard back from him.  Unfortunately they changed the BTC address of my original account so now the signed message that I sent the theymos to prove the account was mine is probably useless.  Please do no do any business with generalt https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=354479.  I will post back here if I am able to get my account back.  

October 12, 2017, 03:25:27 PM - generalt - password changed

That was not me.   Angry
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 03:31:22 PM

You need to sign a message from a staked address posted from that account otherwise this thread/report is useless.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
real_generalt (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:37:17 PM

You need to sign a message from a staked address posted from that account otherwise this thread/report is useless.

I sent a signed message to him with the BTC address that was in my signature, but this morning whoever hacked the account removed that BTC address so I'm guessing I'm not getting that account back but at least if people search for any information on that account they can find this and know that the account was hacked.
Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:59:34 PM

I sent a signed message to him with the BTC address that was in my signature, but this morning whoever hacked the account removed that BTC address so I'm guessing I'm not getting that account back but at least if people search for any information on that account they can find this and know that the account was hacked.

Didn't anyone ever quote your Bitcoin address when you posted It? If so, it really doesn't matter if the hacker has deleted your post, as it would still be preserved in a quote anyway.

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
real_generalt (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:21:10 PM

Didn't anyone ever quote your Bitcoin address when you posted It? If so, it really doesn't matter if the hacker has deleted your post, as it would still be preserved in a quote anyway.

Would've been nice but I just did a forum search for the address and nothing came up.  Thanks for the idea though.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 06:29:29 PM

Would've been nice but I just did a forum search for the address and nothing came up.  Thanks for the idea though.
Here:
1GSWemBs3EE9v63yxzyXYa1CQ7tnoCvLwh: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1159185.msg12212041#msg12212041

That's the only one that I managed to find.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:30:41 PM

Can you sign a message with: 1GENERAL7QdpxHezWzoToWGXpDX4XuLcR2

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1521664.msg15472773#msg15472773

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
U2016

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:41:24 PM

User KWH  you should not give negative feedback because you feel some might be hacked. IF OP proves he is real user then only you should proceed. Just see how user lauda proceed in such scenarios.
If this continue the ever other day someone change his email tgen some random man will come up and say that he is tge real owner of the account and you dumb will add your feedback to it.
You are in DT so you should use your power judicially just like other users do. Ex : lauda.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 06:45:23 PM

User KWH  you should not give negative feedback because you feel some might be hacked. IF OP proves he is real user then only you should proceed. Just see how user lauda proceed in such scenarios.
If this continue the ever other day someone change his email tgen some random man will come up and say that he is tge real owner of the account and you dumb will add your feedback to it.
You are in DT so you should use your power judicially just like other users do. Ex : lauda.
I don't see anything wrong with his feedback. Given the data that we've gathered over the last few months/years, the following:

This user's email address was changed recently.
This user changed his/her password recently.
appearing at the same time ended up being a hacked/stolen/purchased account in the super majority of cases. Sometimes it is combined with a very noticeable change in writing. For example, I've tagged someone today who had the following two and started writing Indonesian suddenly even though they were usually writing English & German. The account mentioned in this thread is much more dangerous as it has both trusted and unstrusted positive ratings.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
U2016

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:52:20 PM

This user's email address was changed recently.
This user changed his/her password recently.

Is it just if a user email and password is changed so he deserves negative trust?
If so then many people will abuse it ,if someone changes his password then someone will make new account and start claiming that his account is hacked.
If he has given negative rating based on posting traits and behavioural writing the he must mention it in reference or comment.
Anyways i appreciate his caution as the account in question is dt account but not always all allegations are true and he might end up fighting like tman and ognasty at the end.
real_generalt (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:17:20 PM

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Thank you KWH for finding a message with my address!
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1GENERAL7QdpxHezWzoToWGXpDX4XuLcR2
HGkqofsJnxDFpDZReOYxxp7ZDwBYK0zD8uLak0+3NTJmK1Cx4W/Q5Wqm5gDyCcGN1mNB4EuR4q8O7Bt2gsRfuOA=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:34:59 PM

I would add today's date ASAP.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 08:51:46 PM

Is it just if a user email and password is changed so he deserves negative trust?
If so then many people will abuse it ,if someone changes his password then someone will make new account and start claiming that his account is hacked.
Wrong. I've said a combination of both, and it's trivial to prove that you're the original owner. If you plan to both change your email and password, you might as well prepare a staked address.

If he has given negative rating based on posting traits and behavioural writing the he must mention it in reference or comment.
Anyways i appreciate his caution as the account in question is dt account but not always all allegations are true and he might end up fighting like tman and ognasty at the end.
This one was the right call from KWH, whether you like it or not.

I think it is adequate as is, given the uniqueness of the message but yeah.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Aventhe

Activity: 322
Merit: 134

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:03:49 PM

Thank you KWH for finding a message with my address!
HGkqofsJnxDFpDZReOYxxp7ZDwBYK0zD8uLak0+3NTJmK1Cx4W/Q5Wqm5gDyCcGN1mNB4EuR4q8O7Bt2gsRfuOA=

This message checks out, Coinig link. Though, yes, you should really add the date to that address and sign the message again.

@KWH, I am pretty sure the signed message was generated today for this case at hand. "Thank you KWH for finding a message with my address!" is a pretty direct message for this instance.
real_generalt (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:27:35 PM

This is to let all know that my account generalt on bitcointalk was hacked and somebody else now has control of the account as of today October 13th 2017.  Thank you to all those that helped up to this point.
G+CETp5wwtTtckHxiLILi31R+U9uc26sEKJa4K+8PjUxUzPtTNtMjvr9MB80n0o62cxzeAo8iCuKTbnhi3PGbJE=
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 10:41:31 PM

This is to let all know that my account generalt on bitcointalk was hacked and somebody else now has control of the account as of today October 13th 2017.  Thank you to all those that helped up to this point.
G+CETp5wwtTtckHxiLILi31R+U9uc26sEKJa4K+8PjUxUzPtTNtMjvr9MB80n0o62cxzeAo8iCuKTbnhi3PGbJE=
Quoted and verified.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
real_generalt (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:55:38 PM

Thank you again.  Unfortunately not a single peep from the pm to theymos with signed messages about getting my account back.  I guess he's got bigger fish to fry.
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:08:59 AM

Thank you again.  Unfortunately not a single peep from the pm to theymos with signed messages about getting my account back.  I guess he's got bigger fish to fry.

Account recovery seems to be low priority, waiting is all you can do.

Albert Einstein
Aventhe

Activity: 322
Merit: 134

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:28:26 AM

Theymos could implement f2a and make account sales illegal and that would hugely cut down on the spam, scam and whatnot on this forum. I can't believe why this is not a priority. If not this, what else?
real_generalt (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 03:54:22 AM

Theymos could implement f2a and make account sales illegal and that would hugely cut down on the spam, scam and whatnot on this forum. I can't believe why this is not a priority. If not this, what else?

Yes two factor authentication would be great.  The mere fact that you can sell accounts show that they have value worth protecting with two factor.  I think more and more people are getting used to two factor authentication in light of all the breaches.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: