Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:12:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After this Bitcoin surge, will investors sell off and buy Alt-coins?  (Read 482 times)
karaschoen (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:08:05 PM

What happened the last time Bitcoin surged? Didn't investors sell off? I heard a theory that when bitcoin investors sell off, they still don't want to cash out because of the IRS question so they move the money into alt-coins. Should we expect an alt-coin surge?
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gabecolors

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:11:52 PM

You probably already noted that many alt-coins are surging along with Bitcoin, I don't know that this is really a sound theory, though if people know of specific alt-coins that might benefit I'd like to hear as well.
BlindMelon

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:17:05 PM

Interesting idea. I do need to research the taxes and legalities of cashing out large amounts of BTC. (For the optimistic future...)
There's a lot of alt coins crashing at the moment and BTC is at an all time high so one can only guess what goes up, must come down. And visa versa.
bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 3477

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:18:25 PM

What happened the last time Bitcoin surged? Didn't investors sell off? I heard a theory that when bitcoin investors sell off, they still don't want to cash out because of the IRS question so they move the money into alt-coins. Should we expect an alt-coin surge?

I will not surprised to see a big dump of the major altcoins that in the last days get dumped very hard.
Waves, Doge, LSK, ETH, BCH, all these coins were strongly sold out Sad (even with -30% off) Sad
Probably a lot of people try to get an advantage for the upcoming btc fork Smiley

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:01:36 PM

Alts will surge just like it did last time after the bitcoin cash airdrop. A good investor will get some cheap alts before they rise. Picking the right time to do it is going to be the trick

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:56:20 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2017, 03:51:33 AM by wuvdoll

I will not surprised to see a big dump of the major altcoins that in the last days get dumped very hard.
Waves, Doge, LSK, ETH, BCH, all these coins were strongly sold out Sad (even with -30% off) Sad
Probably a lot of people try to get an advantage for the upcoming btc fork Smiley
I won't be surprised too honestly. It is obvious people are trying to take advantage of the upcoming fork and with the movement, most of the altcoins will still be dropped further.

I still have a feelings though that some whales are trying to use the altcoin market and the unsettling with the upcoming fork to drop the altcoin market so people can quickly drop at losses and then buy at the huge dips for profit. The market is just crazy.
BHTeam

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

https://www.crypto-coinz.net

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 11:57:20 AM

Yes, they will.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  Crypto-Coinz  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Guides | Calculator | Currency Statsitics | Masternode Calculator | Monitor Creator
▬▬▬▬  HUSH  KMD  ZEC  ZCL  ZER  ZEN  XZC  BSD  BTCZ  SIGT  VOT  ▬▬▬▬
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:03:23 PM

I won't be surprised too honestly. It is obvious people are trying to take advantage of the upcoming fork and with the movement, most of the altcoins will still be dropped further. I still have a feelings though that some whales are trying to use the altcoin market and the unsettling with the upcoming fork to drop the altcoin market so people can quickly drop at losses and then buy at the huge dips for profit. The market is just crazy.

In hard fork it is very pathetic to invest your money in altcoins. Now bitcoin is best source to go with the investment option. As you said altcoin may invest into many token sale and altcoin trading to make the profit with it.
In the time of forking we can find the coins value bump or dump in the chart. We may believe in some coin and invest on it but that's value will be go to scratch after the fork.
Rebellious

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:54:47 PM

I do believe that after the fork, money will flow back into the alt coins
abcd7

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:55:28 PM

most of the times it happens like this but i think this time will hold the major coin investors now is playing safe game until the end of the year.
n4poleon

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:08:08 PM

Think about this too, most of the altcoin markets is in bitcoin not in USD pair. Hence you need bitcoin to buy altcoins. Plus market is always on cycles. Now altcoin markets are on its lows, smart people knows the next cycle so they buy now.
PPleaseman

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:26:33 PM

I think the money will flow back into altcoins but only in good projects.
Hopefully the money wont flow back into fiat. Interesting times

Cheers
xFiber

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:31:32 PM

I don't think the question should be: 'What will happen after the surge?'. But rather: 'What will happen after the fork?'. Will the fork go through anyway?, what will happen after the fork has gone through?. These are all essential question to even guess what's going to happen with altcoins after to fork.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:36:05 PM

not everyone lives in US to have to deal with IRS nonsense.
not everyone wants to evade taxes Wink
also you have to cash out eventually, people never keep their money in for eternity, they will cash out at least something.

what will happen is that most altcoins will continue going down, some come back up and even have pumps but the rest will do a little dead cat bounce and continue going down because they can not keep the fake pump-demand they had during their good times.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
tradingcryptocoach

Activity: 27

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:58:31 PM

after fork btc will flow in alts
wihoe

Activity: 53

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:02:38 PM

Most of the people think so, I m not sure. It is better not to spend all money on altcoins until fork. Keep some BTC as well.
eldub

Activity: 232
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:35:09 PM

Hodl on, it's coming!

Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 08:11:14 PM

It is unlikely that after the current growth of bitcoine prices after the fork on October 25, investors will massively discard Bitcoin because it may be going down for a while in price. I think they will continue to keep it in the hope that he will go on and on. I think that this will happen. Practically everyone agrees in this opinion.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
CrypticSatu

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:33:43 PM

If investors cant make any money with bitcoin they will move on to alts thats for sure. But after last fork bitcoin actually grew. I think it depends on this update on the bitcoin. If it i.e makes transfers faster and cheaper then bitcoin will continue to grow with expense of alts.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: