Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:32:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome to the new 2013  (Read 763 times)
Halcyon Days

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:34:03 PM

Previous posts already discussed, why the current Bitcoin trend is different from back then and that it has gained trust and a lot of people and companies start investing in BTC.

From a chart perspective alone the current curve is still different from back then, as the typical criteria of a bubble has not been met. Whereas, the chart should go vertical at the end of a bubble phase, the BTC price is increasing steadily this time. It is still possible that it might go vertical at some point in the near future, but we are not there yet.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
amaral1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:35:01 PM

I would not be that surprised with a correction to 3K. But i don´t think it will happen only to take profit. It would happen if some stupid news like "the chinese ban news" come along with an already ongoing correction. If that is not the case the dip won´t be that big as we will continue to see new money coming in from the "traditional" finance to BTC.

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
CryR

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

kcin obazs

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:41:29 PM

Good bye

I strongly disagree with this, bitcoin has become stronger and reliable then ever before because of its strong community/users. Although we can't deny the fact that it's price is highly volatile but the scenario you are stating is not going to happen. Very rare people were aware of bitcoin and cryptocurrencies at that time (2013) but today there is a huge differnece from the past, market has grown up and many things are modified from the past.
In one year just more than 140 billions in totalmarketcap. I dont think people wake up and "I will buy bitcoin all in" This is a massive orchestrate pump there is so much people powerfull behind this (I think billionaire people) I can't even imagine. Of corse there are fishes too who are lead by pure fomo. I belive the retrace will come and will come hard.
CryR

Activity: 210

kcin obazs

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:44:20 PM

A massive drop would make a few people very rich indeed.  Cool
Rich? you're rich if you sell many enter in bitcoin (the large marjority) based in pure fome at 4500 ~5000 even 6000k. the thuth is "A massive drop would make a few people very poor indeed"
richminded

Activity: 798
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:56:17 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2017, 11:46:58 PM by richminded

Not going to happen, you can't compare 2013(almost no one heard about bitcoin) and 2017(global adoption), I can only agree that there will be correction. Back to 2000$? I don't think so.

Before, bitcoin is never heard by a lot of people and now bitcoin are getting more popular everyday so for me this thing will surely not happen, correction yeah it will happen but bitcoin will surely bounce back and soar even higher. A lot of people now are using this and bitcoin will not fall that hard no matter what known people say, bitcoin is powerful.
naf

Activity: 83
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:49:53 PM

Previous posts already discussed, why the current Bitcoin trend is different from back then and that it has gained trust and a lot of people and companies start investing in BTC.

From a chart perspective alone the current curve is still different from back then, as the typical criteria of a bubble has not been met. Whereas, the chart should go vertical at the end of a bubble phase, the BTC price is increasing steadily this time. It is still possible that it might go vertical at some point in the near future, but we are not there yet.

welcome to the vertical end!
defianttaxi

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:54:45 PM

I don't think that this is going to happen,  but thanks for the history lesson.  It's possible I suppose.
allocatespetrified

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:55:50 PM

I disagree.  Bitcoin will likely keep on rising and never stop as people start to use it more and it gets harder to mine.
JimmyButlerCollector

Activity: 52

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:57:08 PM

I hope it goes back to $1200..... I can buy even more at a huge discount  Tongue
bbs98

Activity: 190

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:00:19 PM

no .. it will not be the same as 2013 because now all are familiar with bitcoin and everyone is looking for it and believe that bitcoin is worth doing.
zeaderza

Activity: 896
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:54:11 AM

no .. it will not be the same as 2013 because now all are familiar with bitcoin and everyone is looking for it and believe that bitcoin is worth doing.
It is on its way to peak and it’s not the end yet it’s just the starting. Bitcoin is about to make its journey and will set new records of success. It is providing good chance to earn more and is easy to be transferred , investors feel safe with bitcoin because of its quick methods and more profit. All what needed is to get enter into some promising projects.
Jating

Activity: 2926
Merit: 808

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:02:11 AM

It is on its way to peak and it’s not the end yet it’s just the starting. Bitcoin is about to make its journey and will set new records of success. It is providing good chance to earn more and is easy to be transferred , investors feel safe with bitcoin because of its quick methods and more profit. All what needed is to get enter into some promising projects.

Its not comparable to 2013 in my opinion. This year alone bitcoin has risen to 700% alone, because of several factors, and one of it was Japan, in 2013 we don't have a full backing of a country, but today is kinda different. Maybe what we are seeing will somewhat put to a halt later, but with a nation backing it up, it will not crash as supposed to 2013. Its normal to see some minor corrections, but I don't see it crashing similar to 2013. And as long as investors has faith and trust in the ecosystem, it will continue to exist and grow despite experiencing price correction along the way.
cryptoriches13

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:06:44 AM

I wasn't around during that 2013 rally, but with my limited knowledge and experience I'm quite confident that this isn't the same as that time. There are already a lot of arguments presented in the previous posts. But basically I think the adoption and popularity of bitcoin has risen above that of being a pump and dump.
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 11:15:23 AM

Many of the people are thinking this to happen now. Because they trust bitcoin at this point, after seeing all the hypes in bitcoin from year 2013 until today. Now they are getting greedy and trying to thin about bitcoin will fall in next month or so and then everyone can buy in bulk. No, happening of that has got less chances now, not everyone can get the chances again and again. The market cap has reached so much now that its prices are going to be stable here for very very long terms now. Im not seeing any drop to as low as $200 to $600. It could happen that bitcoin will drop all the way down to 3000 to 4000 USD but not below that for the good reason it is holding. The popularity and market cap!

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:12:40 AM

I wasn't around during that 2013 rally, but with my limited knowledge and experience I'm quite confident that this isn't the same as that time. There are already a lot of arguments presented in the previous posts. But basically I think the adoption and popularity of bitcoin has risen above that of being a pump and dump.
Agreed, The good point you mentioned, bitcoin has just started its journey of success and it has more to achieve so predicting anything or saying that it has fallen is useless, even more people has came to know about bitcoin and are enjoying its blessings.

It will set records of success and will never look back, hopefully it replace paper money in future and may be used for buying necessities in daily life
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: