Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:22:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Advertising Network  (Read 6381 times)
Aosana (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

http://newbcoin.com (Free Bitcoin Faucet)

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 05:41:00 AM

I know there is coinurl, operationfabulous (which is dead), and a-ads, but these companies don't really pay well. I haven't started anything yet, but would anyone join me in helping to create an official, well paying, bitcoin advertising network?

Free ฿itcoins Every 24 Hours!
BTC: 1DhMjK4Vk9vbj5ZDQNWbomHSRZae8dNmJ8
maco

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 06:12:08 AM

I actually would be interested in this.. I would need more of a stake due to my existing resources and connections.

Are you thinking of something along the line of CPC? CPL? or both? Publishers/Advertisers? or advertising services for third parties like Google AdWords, Microsoft Search Network?
davedx

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 03:40:33 PM

I actually made a start at a simple ad network based on AdWords (bid for higher exposure) and got a very basic prototype running.

I might be interested in taking it further given the right interest.

Click-fraud prevention was one thing that's stopped me taking it further. It's a bit of a mire.

Bitcoin is one piece of a larger puzzle to promote liberty, prosperity and democracy.
Support the EFF with your Bitcoins. https://supporters.eff.org/donate
Aosana (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 07:07:34 PM

I actually made a start at a simple ad network based on AdWords (bid for higher exposure) and got a very basic prototype running.

I might be interested in taking it further given the right interest.

Click-fraud prevention was one thing that's stopped me taking it further. It's a bit of a mire.

PM me if your interested in working together.

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:22:22 PM

So, can you explain what type?

Would you like a advertisement system like coinurl for example, where users can monetise their own content. Or do you want to let people post advertisements and earn Bitcoin from it. Or are you simply selling advertisement space.
Aosana (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 04:58:35 PM

So, can you explain what type?

Would you like a advertisement system like coinurl for example, where users can monetise their own content. Or do you want to let people post advertisements and earn Bitcoin from it. Or are you simply selling advertisement space.

I'm looking to compete with coinurl. The prices coinurl pays per an ad click are atrocious. I want to pay more to users and also pay per an impression (per like 1k impressions).

BTCLuke

Activity: 526
Merit: 508

My other Avatar is also Scrooge McDuck

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 05:30:28 PM

I'm looking to compete with coinurl. The prices coinurl pays per an ad click are atrocious. I want to pay more to users and also pay per an impression (per like 1k impressions).
So... Where's the money coming from?

Do you think coinurl pays so poorly because they're stingy, greedy bastards that keep 99% of every bitcent that comes their way?

How are you planning to structure differently so that you can pay us publishers more?

Luke Parker
Bank Abolitionist
mindtomatter

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 06:26:10 PM

Hi there,
I really would encourage you to stay away from the CoinURL model.  Blind-linking to a 3d party interdiction advertisement is in really poor taste, and really it just encourages people sit on link aggregator sites like Reddit picking the top stories, encoding them in a coinurl and spamming their social networks.   The user experiance for people visiting those pages isn't "Oh this is great!" it's "Oh, did I get a virus?".

There is a real need for something function that leverages bitcoins advantages, please don't go down the other path where you try to profit by incentivizing your users to trick other people into watching an ad.

Let's Talk Bitcoin! Interviews, News & Analysis released Tuesdays and Saturdays
http://www.LetsTalkBitcoin.com - Listener Mail -> adam@letstalkbitcoin.com
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 04:07:04 PM

If you guys come up with something I'll gladly beta test for you or help out any way I can.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

atomium
Donator

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Study the past, if you would divine the future.

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:21:24 PM

i would love to see this, there isn't one bitcoin advertising network that I like the most
papaminer

Activity: 462

Free World

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 06:27:04 PM

I know there is coinurl, operationfabulous (which is dead), and a-ads, but these companies don't really pay well. I haven't started anything yet, but would anyone join me in helping to create an official, well paying, bitcoin advertising network?

"well paying" isn't gonna cut through... unless you're that btc rich...

you need advertisers... advertisers... advertisers... advertisers... advertisers... advertisers... advertisers...

i started my own adnetwork long time ago for adult niche... and I ended up using major/well known networks as my advertisers and my own sites as my publisher... which is ridiculous... lol... so it did not really went as an adnetwork.. but my very own AD SERVER... Tongue

฿: 1L7dSte4Rs4KyyxRCgrqSWYtkXdAb4Gy1z

MORE INFO ABOUT ME: BTC
Aosana (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 03:35:37 AM

"well paying" isn't gonna cut through... unless you're that btc rich...

you need advertisers... advertisers... advertisers... advertisers... advertisers... advertisers... advertisers...

i started my own adnetwork long time ago for adult niche... and I ended up using major/well known networks as my advertisers and my own sites as my publisher... which is ridiculous... lol... so it did not really went as an adnetwork.. but my very own AD SERVER... Tongue

Exactly this. I don't have much to start with other then enough to actually start the website with domain and hosting costs. However, the advertisers will pay to display their ads and I would award publishers a fraction more than what CoinURL pays its publishers. A win-win.

areebmajeed

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:39:40 AM

See this http://bitcoinstarter.com/projects/107/
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 10:41:38 AM

I don't think there's all that much of a problem with Anonymous Ads, the payment system seems quite good, the problem is there aren't many people using it yet, you also have these marketing twats who hate the idea of not being able to annoy people with their ads and spy on them so they won't give the money unless you go by their rules, see the hatred of adblock as a great example.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 01:49:29 PM

This could be the leading service that could make bitcoin successful. I'm making a little money with Adsense, and I would gladly change that for a bitcoin-based service. But I don't want to earn less, and my advertisers should not pay more than what they pay Google. Of course, they will also expect a similar experience.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
bitvisit

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 06:03:37 PM

It is  a great idea, but the key to it all will be getting advertisers. You can promise to pay 99% out, but 99% of nothing is still nothing. Attracting advertisers will be your biggest hurdle.. So if you do go in and make this. Make sure you have a solid plan for that.

Good luck! Count me in as an advertiser once you go live..

DrGregMulhauser

Activity: 330
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:02:06 PM

One guaranteed method for eliminating click fraud entirely, a method which I used on my own advertising network (since closed), is not to charge advertisers by the click or by the impression at all, but rather to allow them to bid for placement only. Whatever they bid translates into a probability that their ad will be shown for any given page request on any given site in the network. Therefore, nobody cares whether a script kiddie in Timbuktu (no offense, denizens of Timbuktu!) wants to sit and click and click and click -- or re-load and re-load and re-load -- because nobody is paying either for impressions or for clicks.

The weighted probability method also enables advertisers to bid specifically for placement on individual sites, should they wish to do so -- where their bid for that site is then pooled with a share of the network-wide bids to derive a probability for any given ad to appear on that specific site.

The only 'catch' with this method is that it does not permit real-time bidding: there needs to be some window of time during which probabilities are fixed, and that window of time needs to be reasonable for a human to manage. In my own case, I used a 1-month window, meaning that all commitments to advertise for a given month were due by a certain date, and those payments then generated a weighted probability for how often any given advertisement would appear in response to any given request to the ad server during that month. If you were catering to very hands-on advertisers, that window could probably be dropped to two weeks or even less.

Give me a shout via PM if you're interested in further details; depending on what exactly you'd like to put together, it's vaguely possible some of my old and creaky PHP code for implementing this could be of some use to you.

Tips: 1GTvfygTCnA5LdE2dX31AtcHho6s6X9H9b
BTC Growth
arsenische
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:26:42 PM

One guaranteed method for eliminating click fraud entirely, a method which I used on my own advertising network (since closed), is not to charge advertisers by the click or by the impression at all, but rather to allow them to bid for placement only. Whatever they bid translates into a probability that their ad will be shown for any given page request on any given site in the network. Therefore, nobody cares whether a script kiddie in Timbuktu (no offense, denizens of Timbuktu!) wants to sit and click and click and click -- or re-load and re-load and re-load -- because nobody is paying either for impressions or for clicks.

That's exactly the way Anonymous Ads has been functioning since September 2011 (sorry for the shameless plug Smiley)

DrGregMulhauser

Activity: 330
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 06:24:43 PM

That's exactly the way Anonymous Ads has been functioning since September 2011 (sorry for the shameless plug Smiley)

I did notice some small/experimental offerings start doing the same within months of introducing the service in 2009. That's not to say I invented it -- I'm sure others had done similar or even exactly the same things before. But it is to say that prior to introducing my service in 2009, there wasn't anything along these lines that I saw personally, while some months later, some had sprouted up.

Tips: 1GTvfygTCnA5LdE2dX31AtcHho6s6X9H9b
BTC Growth
crescendo

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:19:44 PM

What is the benefit of the user if he join your network.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: