Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 04:33:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: At It Again: Dimon Breaks Vow, Says Bitcoin Buyers Are Stupid  (Read 858 times)
StockBet.com (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Make A Bet on WORKING SOFTWARE

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 10:30:00 PM

At It Again: Dimon Breaks Vow, Says Bitcoin Buyers Are Stupid and Will 'Pay the Price'
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/13/jamie-dimon-says-people-who-buy-bitcoin-are-stupid.html

His daughter, who bought 2 bitcoins, is probably telling him to shut up.

chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:39:36 PM

the millenials are buying it so fuck this dinasaur he will be dead soon.
dalexc

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:43:22 PM

Didn't he just say that he was done with bitcoin?  Huh Huh Huh
StockBet.com (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Make A Bet on WORKING SOFTWARE

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 11:19:44 PM

Old guards will never go away quietly.

They'll be kicking and screaming until the very end.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:23:15 PM

We need to find out what his daughter's Bitcoin address is and pummel her with some extra coinage just to really get on his nerves.

I assume he's got his own address too but he's not going to reveal that for a few extra years yet. I'm also assuming he's signed up for a sig campaign on here for his idle moments.
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:23:46 PM

At It Again: Dimon Breaks Vow, Says Bitcoin Buyers Are Stupid and Will 'Pay the Price'
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/13/jamie-dimon-says-people-who-buy-bitcoin-are-stupid.html

He probably just wants the price to go down so he can put more of his money secretly into Bitcoin  Grin

Honestly, a lot of corporations and larger investors are probably spreading bad news in order to buy a dip that they create themselves. They're just trying to make more money by manipulating the market with the value of their words.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:41:33 PM

Yeah i believe in that he just wanted to  go force people to sell look at the price of bitcoin is decrease a bit after the jaymie Dimon says
Well those people are actually planning to push back the price of bitcoin down..
But i think it will be hard for now that bitcoin could be decrease since bitcoin is already in $5k the possible can be happen is nearly to be happen..
hope that it can affect the price of bitcoin since this is just a simple news anyone can be affected with the news.
Clairvoyance

Activity: 412
Merit: 152

Perceiving events in the future and beyond

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:09:34 AM

the millenials are buying it so fuck this dinasaur he will be dead soon.

Having some good laugh in the morning OP. They will try to bring the price down by throwing FUD on bitcoin. He just want to buy some at a low price. Hodlers are not stupid in my opinion but rather intelligent individuals foreseeing the future of currency.
bubblebit

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:45:15 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2017, 01:41:56 AM by bubblebit

Dimon is mentally and emotionally stressed. He should be given some medical attention by those person around him, it will be late if they don’t do something as it is a clear signs of delusional and hallucinations. Soon he will “Pay the price”, that’s literally using his own words to him.

Who would trust a man who have even violated his own word, a man with many word but no sense. He will find its way back to reality someday.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:49:31 AM

Let him blab on if he wants to.  He's entitled to his opinion, as ignorant as it is.  Remember
he's one of the ones who got us into such a frigging mess back in 2008.  His daughter has
got the right idea, so maybe she'll rub off on him eventually.

It's just words.  Bitcoin has survived negative opinion before and will do it again, I'm sure.
And it doesn't matter where the words are coming from.  Warren B bashed bitcoin, and
he's pretty well respected in the investment community.  And here we are at another all
time high.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 5069

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:37:50 AM

Saving this here for posterity:

Quote from: Jamie Dimon, 10/13/2017
Here's a transcript of some of Dimon's comments:

"I could care less about bitcoin. I don't know why I said anything about it. The blockchain is a technology which is a good technology. We actually use it. It will be useful in a lot of different things. Gold bless the blockchain. Cryptocurrencies, digital currencies, I think are also fine. JPMorgan moves $6 trillion around the world every day, and we don't do it in cash, it's done digitally. If it can be done digitally with the blockchain, so be it. But it will still be a dollar cryptocurrency. What I have an issue with is a non-fiat cryptocurrency. So crypto sterling, euro, yen, they are all fine. I don't personally understand the value of something that has no actual value. You all can do whatever you want and I don't care.

"I could care less what bitcoin trades for, how it trades, why it trades, who trades it. If you're stupid enough to buy it, you'll pay the price for it one day. I've also told people that it can trade at $100,000 before it trades to zero. Tulip bulbs traded for $75,000 or something like that.

"The only value of bitcoin is what the other guy'll pay for it. Honestly I think there's a good chance a lot of the buyers out there are out there jazzing it up every day so that maybe you'll buy it too, and take them out.

"I quite mean that by the way. People are very good at manipulating the press these days and getting news out. Every day, you have CNBC, nonstop bitcoin — Who cares about bitcoin? The world economy's so big, JPMorgan alone, $6 trillion, we move all this money, and bitcoin in total, all these currencies, $50 billion dollars, maybe a billion dollars trades a day.

"The other thing I've always [said] about bitcoin, governments — and this is not a technological statement — governments are going to crush it one day. Governments like to know where the money is, who has it and what you're doing with it, in case you haven't noticed. Right?

"And governments like to control their currency, like to control their own economy. So China's already put curbs on it. Japan, they say Japan accepted bitcoin. No they didn't. What I gather Japan did was they call it J-coin. It's a yen cryptocurrency. It's not a non-fiat [digital currency].

"People have said legitimately ok, it's close to gold. Not really. Gold is limited, it's been around for along time. [People also say bitcoin is] close to a fiat currency. Not really. A fiat currency is when a government says this is your legal tender, you have to give it and accept it.

"And a central bank — of course they can misuse it. The central bank [can also] inflate it. So there is a use case for bitcoin. If you live in Venezuela, North Korea, if you're a criminal, great product. I mean that. It's better than cash or deposits in that country. Cuba.

"But this is the last time I'm ever going to answer questions about bitcoin because I really don't care.

"When I made that 'stupid statement' [calling bitcoin a] fraud, my daughter sent me an email saying, 'Dad, I own two bitcoins.' My formerly smart daughter."
baronious

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 03:14:52 AM

This means that bitcoin is on the right track.  Bankers are getting more and more scared and it shows.  I don't even get mad at these comments anymore.  Just look at what they say and know that the truth is the opposite of what they say.
sharanelcsy

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:12:48 AM

At the start of 2017 bitcoin was 15bn dollar . now it's 50.
He's a ignorant see the rise of this. He thinks for 5 years it will be always 50 billion dollar market. lol.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:22:26 AM

Such kind of statements gets revealed quite often from top management personalities. This needs to be understood by the people and should not get into panic. Till date all that's been put forth by several people have been overcome and has reached such a high level. When buyers are stupid, he too is stupid.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:37:46 AM

Right now investing wouldn't be such a good idea as before. He's wrong in the way that he expresses his hatred towards bitcoin with no apparent justification, but i do think that investing now could potentially lead to small if not negative profits.

It's just too much of a risk to take atm.

If you want to accumulate then do it after the dip. 20% gains in a day will always be followed by a dip.

Smiley
Anthonyxx

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:42:27 AM

Lol I just watched the video.In the beginning,for someone uninformed,he even seems credible.
But that little detail in the end,in which he indirectly calls his daugher stupid for owning 2 bitcoins,is an obvious sign he is purposely exaggerating and humiliating
everything bitcoin related.
It actually gives you a hint he is kinda afraid of bitcoin being too popular.
Remember,half of the things he said in the videos are lies,and these kind of people never do or say anything without a reason or a motive,
especially if they're genuinely not interested in something,as he says.
rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:56:09 AM

Saving this here for posterity:

Quote from: Jamie Dimon, 10/13/2017
Here's a transcript of some of Dimon's comments:

"I could care less about bitcoin. I don't know why I said anything about it. The blockchain is a technology which is a good technology. We actually use it. It will be useful in a lot of different things. Gold bless the blockchain. Cryptocurrencies, digital currencies, I think are also fine. JPMorgan moves $6 trillion around the world every day, and we don't do it in cash, it's done digitally. If it can be done digitally with the blockchain, so be it. But it will still be a dollar cryptocurrency. What I have an issue with is a non-fiat cryptocurrency. So crypto sterling, euro, yen, they are all fine. I don't personally understand the value of something that has no actual value. You all can do whatever you want and I don't care.

"I could care less what bitcoin trades for, how it trades, why it trades, who trades it. If you're stupid enough to buy it, you'll pay the price for it one day. I've also told people that it can trade at $100,000 before it trades to zero. Tulip bulbs traded for $75,000 or something like that.

"The only value of bitcoin is what the other guy'll pay for it. Honestly I think there's a good chance a lot of the buyers out there are out there jazzing it up every day so that maybe you'll buy it too, and take them out.

"I quite mean that by the way. People are very good at manipulating the press these days and getting news out. Every day, you have CNBC, nonstop bitcoin — Who cares about bitcoin? The world economy's so big, JPMorgan alone, $6 trillion, we move all this money, and bitcoin in total, all these currencies, $50 billion dollars, maybe a billion dollars trades a day.

"The other thing I've always [said] about bitcoin, governments — and this is not a technological statement — governments are going to crush it one day. Governments like to know where the money is, who has it and what you're doing with it, in case you haven't noticed. Right?

"And governments like to control their currency, like to control their own economy. So China's already put curbs on it. Japan, they say Japan accepted bitcoin. No they didn't. What I gather Japan did was they call it J-coin. It's a yen cryptocurrency. It's not a non-fiat [digital currency].

"People have said legitimately ok, it's close to gold. Not really. Gold is limited, it's been around for along time. [People also say bitcoin is] close to a fiat currency. Not really. A fiat currency is when a government says this is your legal tender, you have to give it and accept it.

"And a central bank — of course they can misuse it. The central bank [can also] inflate it. So there is a use case for bitcoin. If you live in Venezuela, North Korea, if you're a criminal, great product. I mean that. It's better than cash or deposits in that country. Cuba.

"But this is the last time I'm ever going to answer questions about bitcoin because I really don't care.

"When I made that 'stupid statement' [calling bitcoin a] fraud, my daughter sent me an email saying, 'Dad, I own two bitcoins.' My formerly smart daughter."

Gold limited? Hey?

Bitcoin isn't? What?
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:25:37 AM

or maybe she called her daddy and told him she wanted to short bitcoin.

in any case it is a childish move though. he keeps repeating he doesn't care about bitcoin, and he even went as far as saying he will not speak about it any more but he is still talking about bitcoin!

you know what it is like those who create an account on bitcointalk and try so hard to convince the rest of us how bad bitcoin is Cheesy

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:50:08 PM

Nice to hear that people around Jamie Dimon are investing in bitcoin including his own daughter. I also had that majority of Jp Morgan staffs are bitcoiners.  The reality is that Jamie know what is doing maybe trying to make bitcoin popular through his comments and from there get his pay or trying to bring bitcoin down or lower so that his associates can buying cheap. In which ever way I think Jamie is up to something and bitcoin is ready for which ever way. My advise to many traders is that stop selling your coins because of comments from the enemy of cryptocoins technology.
wilhb81

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:54:19 PM

This Dimon just wanted more publicity from media - that's his intention of bashing Bitcoin again and again...

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X      ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper      Twitter      Facebook      Telegram      Medium      Youtube
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: