Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:48:56 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or How I Learned to Stop Worrying Core Lecture Series Update Roadmap  (Read 666 times)
charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 08:41:27 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2013, 09:21:24 AM by charleshoskinson

I'd like to give everyone an update on the core lecture series (CLS). We've received now over 450 emails and comments about the course. The feedback has been tremendously helpful in structuring a redesign of the core lecture series. Thus far here are some major changes:

• All the lectures will be reduced in size to roughly 20 minutes each
  • More graphics, charts, and pictures will be added
  • Each lecture will be accompanied by a vocabulary sheet and a comprehension quiz
  • Minor technical errors will be corrected and certain concepts (such as the economics of Bitcoin) will be greatly expanded
  • We will go into greater depth about transactions
  • There will be a lecture on cryptography added to the core lecture series
  • Mining will be discussed in more detail
  • An FAQ containing the 15 most common questions narrated by Let's Talk Bitcoin's Adam Levine will be added to the CLS
  • A terminology lecture will be added by eMansipater including the new mBitcoin standard

We will build the lectures sequentially and release them here in Bitcointalk as betas. I will offer a 1 bitcoin per lecture bounty for the best suggestion for improvements and changes. Once the core lecture series has been completely rebuilt, we have acquired the ability to release them in Spanish, Italian and Mandarin Chinese. We will also begin heavy advertising of the course to population groups outside of the Bitcoin ecosystem.

There are also several new sections being added to the course. We are adding an Alt Coin Boutique with lectures on some upcoming new alt coins as well as feathercoin and litecoin. We have a series on Bitmessage coming alongside one on Open Transaction by Fellow Traveler. Jeff Tucker will be spearheading our economics series for the course.

Requests for additional content are always welcome. Feel free to post here or to send me a PM. You can also check out our newly launched website (btcedproject.org). I'd also like to remind everyone that we are fundraising to keep our project alive and vibrant. Our goal is to raise 100 bitcoins in 30 days:

http://btcedproject.org/?page_id=200

It will help us greatly with the Bitcoin Business Course and the Bitcoin for Computer Scientists Course that are scheduled for launch in late Summer.

Thanks everyone

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: