Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:42:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will NEO/GAS SKYROCKET after China approves ICO regulation and lifts the ban?
Yes - 5 (83.3%)
No - 1 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will NEO/GAS SKYROCKET after the temporary ICO ban is lifted with regulation???  (Read 740 times)
BTC23k (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 03:32:03 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2017, 08:02:55 AM by BTC23k

China ICO ban is temporary, will introduce licensing soon hints Chinese Official
http://boxmining.com/china-ico-ban-temporary-will-introduce-licensing-soon/

According  to Boxmining, a Video game programmer/translator in Hong Kong, Chinese state run TV is saying the ICO "BAN" is only temporary to get regulation in place.  He also says this is no surprise since China does this all the time when knew things come out that need regulation just like they "Banned" Bitcoin in the past to get regulation in and resumed trading Bitcoin as the price skyrocketed.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thompshma

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 03:51:48 AM

I was saying this from the beginning, have been buying neo since the crash.
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 04:28:09 AM

The government merely took a time out to create a regulative framework for crypto economy. Nobody knows what comes next.
Some people believe that decisions have already been prepared and will be announced soon, allowing regulated exchanges and ICOs to become legal again. There are also sceptics who believe that the current situation will stay until next year because of the Chinese communist party congress, which is planned to take place next week.
Dragonrage201

Activity: 630
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:01:18 AM

Most likely some policy/regulation regarding this will be announced after China
party congress is over. Let's wait and see.
Crypto211

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:34:49 AM

Lets wait and see. I think China wanted to buy some time in order to see how it could regulate it. It was also a way to stop the flight of capital out of the country.
BTC23k (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:08:38 PM

I was thinking perhaps China will demand a large share of NEO be given to them or they will buy it cheap to have a significant ownership in their new economic engine. 
burdeN

Activity: 364
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:38:01 PM

These are good new, I'm holding a bunch of NEO as I truly believe it has a great future.
If it receives support from China gov, man, NEO could boost like a hell
bitqistchris

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2017, 01:07:05 PM

As far as I know neither Neo of Gas is currently banned in China.
BTC23k (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:13:17 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2017, 01:24:39 PM by BTC23k

As far as I know neither Neo of Gas is currently banned in China.

This is about the NEO/GAS price when the ICO ban is lifted and not claiming NEO/GAS is banned in China.   ICOs are currently banned in China pending the passage of regulation.   NEO was down because its was dubbed the "ethereum of China" which it cant do if ICOs are banned.

I wonder if China could make it the official state approved ICO platform since significant regulation will be required.  
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:58:53 PM

...  I wonder if China could make it the official state approved ICO platform since significant regulation will be required.  

Not impossible...and if that happens, NEO will definitely sky rocket. 

I am actually hoping/thinking this is what will happen.
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:26:19 PM

...  I wonder if China could make it the official state approved ICO platform since significant regulation will be required.  

But i don'y think so even the bitcoin still didn't approved by the china's government and why they must approve the neo? This doesn't make sense at all. bitcoin as the major must be approved at first

Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:35:43 PM

But i don'y think so even the bitcoin still didn't approved by the china's government and why they must approve the neo? This doesn't make sense at all. bitcoin as the major must be approved at first

We are talking about NEO (not BTC).  They are of different use but yes likely if a cryptocurrency adoption happens BTC will be included as well.
BTC23k (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:58:01 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2017, 03:13:01 AM by BTC23k

It makes perfect sense they would back NEO since the developers are their own citizens and they are consulting them for regulation.  Remember, the developers still have half of the NEO coins the government could take giving them an incentive for it to work.  The government WILL want its cut.  NEO may be the best option at the moment.  

Just like Ethereum, it could be said the government could start a currency token on top of the NEO platform and force their own citizens to use it and nothing else to maintain power and control.  This is communist China redtape land we are talking about.
keziakusayang

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:47:03 AM

If regulation comes up it will be lifted bybit self under the term neo / gas have to follow the regulation and if neo/gas break the rule they will got punish. Regulation is good but sometimes it makes the investor strict movement. I read in some news that china will create their own digital currency. If it is happen i think it will be bad for neo/gas.
BTC23k (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:49:56 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2017, 08:10:09 AM by BTC23k

If regulation comes up it will be lifted bybit self under the term neo / gas have to follow the regulation and if neo/gas break the rule they will got punish. Regulation is good but sometimes it makes the investor strict movement. I read in some news that china will create their own digital currency. If it is happen i think it will be bad for neo/gas.

When China "Banned" Bitcoin it crashed.  When they unbanned it the price skyrocketed.   Banning ICOs means most citizens will not risk imprissonment and will be out of the market.  Resuming the ICO trading with regulation only means more investment $$ getting pumped back into ICO platforms.. 
In China regulation is virtue.  It means the government has legitimized the use.   Sure in the west it gets bad headlines and does mean less profit, but even in the west it does legitimize too since you understand what the establishment is expecting.  

Neo is also not a currency, but like ethereum, more of a platform.   The government could have a separate currency than NEO and NEO run their existing functions of the stock market.  But than again, they should just make a NEO token to make that easier.   I am skeptical whether the government can create a competing NEO with smart contracts, daps, and ICO tokens required to replace their existing stock market.   But who knows.  

However, NEO is already developed NOW and taking off.  With proper regulation confidence will soar in China meaning other investors around the world will get confidence too and pile in.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: