Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to set up Bitcoin Gold Mining?  (Read 1371 times)
amardar (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:20:43 AM

Hi everybody. Anyone can explain me, how can I set up Bitcoin Gold mining? I want to start mining it since the first minute it comes out, so the software and everything else should be ready. Is there any instruction how to set up everything?
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:30:43 AM

Hi everybody. Anyone can explain me, how can I set up Bitcoin Gold mining? I want to start mining it since the first minute it comes out, so the software and everything else should be ready. Is there any instruction how to set up everything?

Just keep your equihash miner ready and as soon as the fork is released on October 25th, point your miner to a Bitcoin Gold pool. That's pretty much it.
Moreover, you don't have to look for a new Bitcoin Gold address, if you have the private keys for your existing Bitcoin address, just start mining with that address and then import it to a supported BitcoinGold Wallet.
amardar (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:02:49 AM

Just keep your equihash miner ready and as soon as the fork is released on October 25th, point your miner to a Bitcoin Gold pool. That's pretty much it.
Moreover, you don't have to look for a new Bitcoin Gold address, if you have the private keys for your existing Bitcoin address, just start mining with that address and then import it to a supported BitcoinGold Wallet.

I haven't heart about any Bitcoin Gold pool so far, is there one already?
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:09:27 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2017, 11:27:24 AM by Vann

My understanding is mining won't start until the fist week of November, if the fork goes smoothly and if the developers can get the switch to Equihash working in time. On October 25th, the fork will happen and the BTC blockchain will be frozen. You can claim your free coins on the new chain using your private key equivalent to the amount of BTC you had in your wallet at the time the fork happened after that.

https://github.com/BTCGPU/BTCGPU/pull/15

As of yet, replay protection isn't implemented, so the launch could also be postponed

https://github.com/BTCGPU/BTCGPU/issues/18
alexjhons

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:58:16 AM

To understand bitcoin mining, you must understand the inner workings of this cryptocurrency. The bitcoin is not tied to any country or economy.
Sev18

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:44:13 PM

What is your GPU? You can mine bitcoin gold with same miner you used on mining ZEC, such as EWBF or claymore's ZEC miner.

■■■■■■■  Multi-Algo Switching Manager - MULTIPOOL MULTIALGO Profit Switch Launcher  ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■             https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2041971             ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■                           Download Now!                           ■■■■■■■
Antihackme

Activity: 39

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 04:21:42 PM

i would be creating a bitcoin gold pool will be up within 2 weeks...
amardar (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:28:43 PM

What is your GPU? You can mine bitcoin gold with same miner you used on mining ZEC, such as EWBF or claymore's ZEC miner.

Well I have a few 1080ti cards. I understand, that I should use the same miner as I use for ZEC, but what changes I should make to the .bat file? Can you be more specific here please?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: