Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:55:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin mining  (Read 1049 times)
taichinhhanaHN (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:41:39 AM

Hi Guys,

I had an interesting conversation here in Portland this weekend with a couple of tech entrepreneurs. They are both making a modest profit with bitcoin mining.

Has anyone on the board here gotten into bitcoin mining? What about any of the other digital currencies.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitcoinboyBlog

Activity: 43

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2017, 09:14:06 PM

Almost everybody here mines Bitcoin. I mine Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, and LBRY.
Bitcoin is probably the most profitable. If you want to mine, you should pick up an Antminer
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:56:46 AM

Hi Guys,

I had an interesting conversation here in Portland this weekend with a couple of tech entrepreneurs. They are both making a modest profit with bitcoin mining.

Has anyone on the board here gotten into bitcoin mining? What about any of the other digital currencies.

Are you serious?  You post on a Bitcoin forum and ask if anyone has gotten into Bitcoin mining?  What is your point?

Also if you want to know about altcoin mining you will need to post in the altcoin section as this is the Bitcoin ONLY section.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Jafri101

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:25:35 AM

Mining biycoin nowadays is less profitable by the way because every person is mining bitcoin which has raised the difficulty level plus the pools have shifted on higher Hashes. If you eant to mine and earn more i suggest you to mine eth and monero because these coins will boost up now after bitcoins shoot its their turn i guess..
AMIT DAS

Activity: 31

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:46:24 PM

Actually what is minning. And how have done it? Pls tell me.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:55:09 PM

Hi Guys,

Hey you already in the mining section only dude. If you read most the thread in this section you can understand there are many people investing mining platform and making money out it. You a friend discussed with you right! You please check with them about mining. Whether what coins mining he is doing, what machine he is using and other doubts you have. For altcoin mining there is a separate section is there in the forum.
alexjhons

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:22:03 AM

Great Post!

The Bitcoin Mining is the most common word today. If you have a large money for Investments where the Bitcoin Mining is best for you.

Bitcoinjheta

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:23:15 PM

Mining biycoin nowadays is less profitable by the way because every person is mining bitcoin which has raised the difficulty level plus the pools have shifted on higher Hashes. If you eant to mine and earn more i suggest you to mine eth and monero because these coins will boost up now after bitcoins shoot its their turn i guess..
Can you please explain a little bit more precisely why ethereum and monero will boost?

I regularly check ethereum and monero and have noticed that their ups and downs are similiar to the bitcoin price and have no idea based on what circumstances they should suddenly boost independly from bitcoin.

You here already in mining section. Well bitcoin mining is engaging in many different coins there are bitcoin, ethereum, ripple, dash, litecoin and many others. Due to the fact that mining bitcoin is a less profitable to invest thats why many people want to invest in this way.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2535

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:16:52 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2017, 01:12:37 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

You here already in mining section. Well bitcoin mining is engaging in many different coins there are bitcoin, ethereum, ripple, dash, litecoin and many others. Due to the fact that mining bitcoin is a less profitable to invest thats why many people want to invest in this way.
No, Cryptocoin mining is mining many different coins including bitcoin, along with all the altcoins such as BCH, BCC, ethereum, ripple, dash, litecoin and literally over a thousand others.

This is Tech enterprise and as such use the correct names for what you are doing...

Bitcoin is a specific coin and NOT a generic term for all cryptocoins!! "Bitcoin mining" is supporting its blockchain transaction network by mining BITCOIN. Period. End of story.

The fact those other coins are usually exchanged into BTC does not mean you are mining BTC. You are mining those other coins and converting them to already existing BTC that were created by <drum roll please> real Bitcoin miners..

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
franco123

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:59:52 AM

Can you please explain a little bit more precisely why ethereum and monero will boost?

I regularly check ethereum and monero and have noticed that their ups and downs are similiar to the bitcoin price and have no idea based on what circumstances they should suddenly boost independly from bitcoin.

I think what he's trying to say is that Bitcoin mining has already become more competitive than before making it less profitable. And also, there are big companies now investing in to mining making an individual mining harder.

He also thinks, I guess, is that when it comes to mining, it is more profitable to go for not Bitcoin but other cryptocurrencies instead because it is less competitive.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:19:57 PM

so the difficulty of bitcoin, can it ever become LESS difficult?
Yes, especially with the bitcoin cash EDA that is happening now as miners switch to it temporarily for greater profits. It’s uncommon but possible, most of the time these dips are very small and afterwards difficulty will usually continue to spike even quicker.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: