Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 01:14:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Satoshi question: What if  (Read 195 times)
Phalo (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:59:18 AM

This is a hypothetical question. Obviously noone knows the answer but I would like to know your hypothesis.

What if Satoshi would move his coins to either Bitcoin Cash or Segwit2X. What would happen to the price of all 3 Bitcoin? Including Bitcoin Legacy
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:43:18 PM

Terribly interesting idea. It has some fishy parts.  I shall purchase.
Purchase what now??? Anyway, if Satoshi did, then the price of bitcoins would've been half way low by today, and I really don't think that Satoshi would do that... first of, he is a punk programmer and not a capitalist like Roger and John. Satoshi might have been livin' a peaceful and prosperous life by now and he doesn't even have to think about the btc price anymore because I assume that with all of his kept bitcoins, he couldn't spent it all till he gets old.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:47:23 PM

This is a hypothetical question. Obviously noone knows the answer but I would like to know your hypothesis.

What if Satoshi would move his coins to either Bitcoin Cash or Segwit2X. What would happen to the price of all 3 Bitcoin? Including Bitcoin Legacy

No he would never do anything like it, had satoshi's been here, he never would have led this happens, all this Bitcoin and segwit2x would never take place, again let's assume satoshi's is out there somewhere, why would he do it, when segwit2x has no actionable replay, that would be going against his own principles and that's not going to happen, Bitcoin cash is shit and again he would never go there. So your hypothesis would never really occur.
ibininja

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:57:00 PM

if that ever happens the price would fall.
but the is unlikely to happen. First there is a huge community backing it all. Second if he planned it he would have executed by now. Plus why ruin his/her/their rep?

teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:01:27 PM

No he would never do anything like it, had satoshi's been here, he never would have led this happens, all this Bitcoin and segwit2x would never take place, again let's assume satoshi's is out there somewhere, why would he do it, when segwit2x has no actionable replay, that would be going against his own principles and that's not going to happen, Bitcoin cash is shit and again he would never go there. So your hypothesis would never really occur.

If we could really know what is his real principle or his ideal in making this kind of system and I really think he doesn't have an idea that bitcoin could make it big, but he really knows that it had a potential, Satoshi is an unknown person that nobody in the industry would sure know his identity because of the success of bitcoin I think he just like a peaceful life being unknown to the public, and Satoshi would not gonna move his Bitcoin to any second rate Coins that had taken it's name I think it is a safe keeping for the 100% success of bitcoin.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:07:21 PM

when someone moves their coins (Satoshi included) there is no way of telling where they moved them to and what they did with them. you may be able to tell if they move it to some exchange address in some cases but you still wouldn't be able to tell what they did with them. Satoshi may transfer his coins to an exchange to buy Panda coin with them just because he likes Pandas. Cheesy

and why would Satoshi do that? SegWit2x does not exist yet so we can not talk about that. but bitcoin cash is clearly a shitcoin and against everything that bitcoin stands for! i think someone like Satoshi knows this better than anyone else.

There is a FOMO brewing...
Berk

Activity: 99
Merit: 21

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:08:20 PM

I'm not sure on the long term affect but if Satoshi was to move his coins anywhere it would cause a mass panic and the price would be hit pretty hard.
degaga15

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:11:01 PM

I think if that happens then we all will lose and satoshi will be on the lookout because it's the same thing with illegal theft action.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: