Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:37:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anonymously buy bitcoins  (Read 291 times)
r-tist (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:25:26 AM

Hey you'll,

I'm new to bitcoin. I'd like to purchase some bitcoins anonymously.

However, below are the only ways I've been able to come up on how to purchase bitcoins anonymously.

1. Buy a gift card from someone off of craigslist. (Person 2 Person purchase) - For communication with this buyer use a through-away texting app.

2. Exchange Cash for BTC in person. (without using Facebook or a way or that person to track who you are)

Any other ideas?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:38:10 AM

I can't think of any other options besides maybe finding a Bitcoin ATM near you, but those usually have much higher exchange rates or huge fees.
What could do however is buy Bitcoin normally through an exchange and then use a Bitcoin mixer such as ChipMixer to unlink any identity to your Bitcoins.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:44:01 AM

You seriously are new and that's why I feel you don't know much, you can do the gift card thing fine, but cash for btc and meet in person it's a bad idea, if you didn't know no one ever knows who buys and sells and btc, it's all in a number, that's in the form of a address, you can buy from a exchange, or buy from here in the currency section. Or just post a requirement you need to buy, considering you're a newbie you will be asked to either send funds first or use a escrow. Ps if you disclose to the world you own Bitcoins they will find out, otherwise they won't. If you but sell here, do it very carefully. Check the feedbacks and recent trades.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:54:50 AM

Hey you'll,

However, below are the only ways I've been able to come up on how to purchase bitcoins anonymously.

1. Buy a gift card from someone off of craigslist. (Person 2 Person purchase) - For communication with this buyer use a through-away texting app.

2. Exchange Cash for BTC in person. (without using Facebook or a way or that person to track who you are)

Any other ideas?
There is no way out of not giving some of your details because the options are
1. If you are buying using your bank transfer, you are letting go of your privacy by making such transfer because some individuals will even tell you if account is not in your name, they won't accept.

2. If you want to buy using cash, then you have disclosed your entire privacy because you don't even know the person on the other end and because of security reasons that is equally out of it.

With the options you have, you then decide which information you are willing to part with. For me, if you don't have anything to hide, then the former is still better just do it on a reputable platform.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:14:13 AM

ATMs could be a good solution but at some point, they could take a picture of you or I.D If you want to have higher limits. I find that P2P trading are way better but It's still unclear from whom you want to be anonymous? If from the service or the individual you're trading with? Individuals clearly have no reason to disclose your information and If you don't want that to happen, try to use payment method that only an email address or account number are needed to do transactions. (WebMoney, PerfectMoney etc.). As for services, they couldn't know either unless you're using a company to buy because while trading with another user, all he need to do is to leave no notes regarding the transaction so they couldn't know what is it for.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:17:29 AM

your best option is to use cash only to buy anything you want. find someone using the internet (like localbitcoins.com for example) and set a meeting. make sure you meet in a public place to be safe from being physically robbed (it has happened before). then do the trade face to face.
in some countries the police station is a good place for doing such trades. they actually allow you to do it there.
taking someone with you is also a good idea.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
Hallmader

Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:23:47 AM

Hey you'll,

Any other ideas?

If you want to secure your personality with this transaction, you have to avoid both options that you gave. There is no assurance that the two options you are giving will not trace your personal identity. If you want, there are escrows here. You can use their services in buying bitcoins. This is safer I think and you're anonymity is guaranteed. No one knows who the person behind the bitcointalk.org account is.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
CindyOctoviana

Activity: 270
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:25:03 AM

I think just try it your way I do not think it's a problem to buy bitcoin that way.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16609

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2017, 11:25:23 AM

Although I've never used it myself, Localbitcoins is the place to go for this. Find a trusted seller, deal in cash. Some even offer "cash by mail", which requires your complete trust in both seller and postal service.
Note that sellers will also be very careful when dealing with first time buyers. Scammers work on both sides of the trade.

taking someone with you is also a good idea.
For the seller on the other hand it's a big red flag if you arrive with 2 big guys Cheesy

iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:32:44 AM

Hey you'll,

Any other ideas?
Actually when you go through exchanges then your identity is easy to not known. now there are so many exchanges that accept the service, there are some that do not require verification. but you can also buy it privately, you can send money through services like western union. I'm sure those who sell bitcoin will not blame it. because they sell the service and will not interfere with your privacy. the sellers already have professionalism so that the security of user data is the most important thing to be kept secret.
ronics

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 06:05:28 AM

Smiley  this time it's rare to know buy bitcoin.it does not really believe it at all.and its not going to be lost in the whole world like a bubble it's hard to lose a big company like bitcoin anonymously buy.that's even more evolving by people because of the many holders and who invest in bitcoin not only in our countries such as Indonesia, India,Russia, America and other who hold bitcoin .so it will not be lost if when they turn up how can we get out of bitcoin right away this bitcoin hangs our beliefs and recognized him.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: