Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:47:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: " bitstamp " PHISHING sites - WARNING  (Read 769 times)
QuantumKiwi (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 12:11:34 PM

WARNING... ( PHISHING ATTACK SITES - BITSTAMP )

I have since had a scammer attempt to host his phishing sites for " bitstamp.net " on my servers.

I've since terminated the accounts and domains, closing the phishing attack down.

However I am still concerned that some users, possibly in the future may get caught in the phishing attack.

Be aware of entering websites URL's in incorrectly, the phishing attack site of which i located used the domain " bitsstamp.net " ( An extra s in the domain )

The scammer then attempted to try and get his files back, saying he was doing research..... ( Seriously I wonder about scammers IQ's )

NOTE: For those who are confused, no bitstamp.net is not a scam - Im just warning users that there is a phishing attack against bitstamp users.

First Name   Charlie
Last Name   Frogurt
Company Name   CharlieLanderson Inc
Email Address   bitronic@tormail.org
Address 1   2476 Victoria Avenue
Address 2   
City   Regina
State/Region   Saskatchewan
Postcode   S4P 3C8
Country   CA - Canada
Phone Number   306-777-7000

DOMAINS TERMINATED: