Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:53:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I've just been hacked!! :-(  (Read 1667 times)
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2017, 09:11:41 PM

It can be recovered, once bitcoins go out of your wallet... they only thing that can happen is that the attacker decide to send it back to you, which is not likely at all.

Sorry, makes me think of providing more security for my wallets.

If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ongels

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:31:47 PM

This is our big threat in bitcoin business, We can do nothing about hacking, No assurance to get back our lost, Extra careful next time, May we ask? Before that thing happens, any information about how the hacker get your security code. We would like to know more for us to be aware.
Feel sorry to you:(
McKane

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

IF PROBLEM WITH MY TRUST THEN BRING AN ESCROW.

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:33:26 PM

As others have said, unfortunately, your coins are lost forever, blockchain.info will not refund the coins because your wallet wasn't the one hacked, it was your pc. I hope this doesn't make you abandon bitcoin, and if you ever get more coins, take the appropriate safety methods to secure your coins. Good luck man!
There are many ways to earn once again bitcoin try to use security antivirus in your computer because the wallets of bitcoins are fully secured while PC of users are not that much secure they should need to aware about these types of issue that someone can access there PC/Laptop. So better way is that use Antivirus then your wallet will be 100% secure and nobody will access to your PC.

IBMINER DONE A GOOD JOB. I learned a lesson from him. He gave me negative trust just because i was dealing with account seller. To buy an account.
cryptolerant

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:49:12 PM

I am really sorry to hear that bro. We are all vulnerable to those kind of hacking and I wish we could protect ourselves.
jal007

Activity: 138

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:52:06 PM

is there any one who can tell us how this can be happen ??
and how can we defend it ?
shailbpl

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:57:07 PM

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do, it was your PC which got compromised your PC or laptop may have a backdoor, one thing to keep in mind is most antivirus these days can't detect newly crypted trozans and viruses, so you should keep separate laptop/PC for downloading and installing new softwares,
Johj

Activity: 176
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:15:29 PM

Costly mistake, but hopefully it'll help you learn and progress further. I'm sorry for you buddy. Don't lose hope in Crypto!
TheGodson

Activity: 383
Merit: 161

https://nitrogensports.eu/r/4896627

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:27:57 AM

Others have said that your computer has been compromised which may be accurate. However, you should also mention how you generated your private key. There are some dangers when generating a private key. If you use a malicious website or use some sort of passphrase that encrypts poorly this could be another problem.

For those telling OP to move on, he should not until he knows what things he did that caused this theft. If he doesn't know what the cause was he could be prone to having the same thing happen again.

andrew24p

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:38:22 AM

Im sorry this happened, but this is why hardware wallets are so important. Keeping even 1 bitcoin online is not the best decision and opens the possibility of being attacked. Especially with blockchain.info which sucks balls and is often a target because many new people use it.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                                                                                                                         █
█                                                                                                                         █
█          ██     ██       ▄█▄        ██        ██     ▄██████▄    ██████████    ████████    ██████▄                      █
█          ██     ██       ███        ██        ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██      ██ ██       ███      ███     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██     ▄██ ██▄      ████    ████     ██              ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          █████████     ██   ██      ██ ██  ██ ██      ▀█████▄        ██        ███████     ██   ▄█▀                     █
█          ██     ██     ██   ██      ██  █▄▄█  ██            ██       ██        ██          █████                        █
█          ██     ██    ▄███████▄     ██  ████  ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██   ██                      █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ▀██████▀        ██        ████████    ██     ██                    █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
M   A   R   K   E   T   P   L  A   C   E  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

The first token offering total buyback
─────❯❯❯ICO Starts : 28th of November 2017❮❮❮─────

❖TWITTER
❖TELEGRAM
❖WHITEPAPER
❖FACEBOOK
❖ANN THREAD
SLACK
Uberse

Activity: 132
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:04:20 AM

Im sorry this happened, but this is why hardware wallets are so important. Keeping even 1 bitcoin online is not the best decision and opens the possibility of being attacked. Especially with blockchain.info which sucks balls and is often a target because many new people use it.

You are not keeping bitcoins online when you keep them in a blockchain.info wallet. It's entirely client-side. They do not have access to your bitcoins or your password. You can use two-factor protection (including a hardware Yubikey) and compel approval to open your wallet with an email notification. You can require a 'send' password in addition to the one that opens your wallet. You can recover your bitcoins with a 12-word seed if you lose your password and Yubikey. What they do require is that you use antivirus software on your own computer and never access your wallet on a public computer. Perhaps that is what you meant when you said "many new people use it" and if that is what you meant you are right. As for me, I consider blockchain.info the best there is. If you knew how many bitcoins I keep in my wallet you'd poop in your newbie pants.
CoinEmperor

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:32:44 AM

You are not keeping bitcoins online when you keep them in a blockchain.info wallet. It's entirely client-side. They do not have access to your bitcoins or your password. You can use two-factor protection (including a hardware Yubikey) and compel approval to open your wallet with an email notification. You can require a 'send' password in addition to the one that opens your wallet. You can recover your bitcoins with a 12-word seed if you lose your password and Yubikey. What they do require is that you use antivirus software on your own computer and never access your wallet on a public computer. Perhaps that is what you meant when you said "many new people use it" and if that is what you meant you are right. As for me, I consider blockchain.info the best there is. If you knew how many bitcoins I keep in my wallet you'd poop in your newbie pants.

I have been a member since 2013 (not on this account) and have met people who had 60,000+ bitcoins in real life, so no any number you say will not make me poop my pants you newbie.
Drixy

Activity: 168

reading.......

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:39:19 AM

i feel sad bt you cant recover ur lost bitcoin my frnd.
use offline wallet or increase your security of wallet
thank you
Yes mate might be better if you have some code or pirvate keu on blockchain.info or export your account by decrypting it online but it might best to create a custom vanity address to make ammends like having your private wallet with your initial or name on it and it is easy to backit up but in blockchain .info you have your seeds before you must rest easy you should back it up already
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:58:56 AM

is there any one who can tell us how this can be happen ??
and how can we defend it ?

Avoid online wallet as possible, if not, choose a decent and trusted online wallet with superb support capabilities and activate multiple security such as 2Fa, protect your PC's or other devices connecting to your wallets such as virus protection, browsing sites with vulnerabilities, opening unwanted mails, downloading or installing cracked software and such, in order to prevent malwares and virus infection.
NelfiNovita

Activity: 640
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:59:17 AM

I am sorry for the disaster that befall you, hopefully you are more careful at other times. and start learning from mistakes, that your coin storage should be in a safe place, never store it on the desktop because it could be exposed to the virus at any time.

pragna

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:36:52 AM

Sorry brother it can not be recover ever i think. You can report on blockchain but i think it will not bear any result to you. Better you can do two factor security for future.
BeerPanda

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:02:19 PM

Hi all,

I'm quite new to bitcoin and only started collecting a few months ago. I've been using Bitcoin Wallet on Blockchain.info

I'm aware (now) that I should have been protecting my bitcoin better and using an offline wallet (which I've just purchased). My main issue is that last night someone somehow hacked my wallet and transferred my 0.831 BIT to another account.

Is there anyway to get it back?? Please help! That's a lot of money I've invested and just gone in a blink of an eye :-(

My wallet is: 74d2adcd-f1e2-4058-a55b-70f151610a1a

It was transferred to several others by the looks of it, then to one single wallet:

Transaction View information about a bitcoin transaction: ebded65e533a2054d87526cbcb2234e9eda37d3413505513781f19c074103db4

Transferred to these:
1FNWrWZvrbK1TYZV6yRJ8hMLU4paddModA (0.08612858 BTC - Output)
194JaKreEL3twQt54xwnbfNVnz61r2VLQ6 (0.00789946 BTC - Output)
1517oxYjtxBZz9qMa55oAZn2a9gcE66Bfz (0.13277809 BTC - Output)
13Hsdv1f6Ack1qgXnT69RvLQ1ifk6dQTBF (0.29081893 BTC - Output)
19zf5tDYybwPdygiv5JzH3RVSW1pmb4zcn (0.15567622 BTC - Output)
179q1SsVftLbF9boom5nWCM1z47P52Cbc (0.0760638 BTC - Output)
1N3yegSdqz2tsxL9aRj5q4SYj3F6o4YXHC (0.08489707 BTC - Output)

Then finally to this one:
1Pbs1z5rK4vUWLtjTkK1vxksWHyswTndzj - (Unspent) 0.83165538 BTC  -  0.83165538 BTC

It's unspent, but I don't know if that helps me get it back somehow??

I'm sooooo frustrated and feel so helpless!

Please help me if you can!

Thanks
ooh lord ! how much did you lose? so sad
unfortunately i don't know what to do in this case  Sad
yezid

Activity: 59
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:04:16 PM

I feel sorry for you, they just ransacked all of your bitcoins, do you make a reports in the block chain if they can return it?
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:11:44 PM

Online wallets not pretty safe to keep your high amount of bitcoin bro. This kind of incident happen to me too. Once I have tried to log in from my office computer but search blockchain in Google search and enter into with the public address and verify with the password too. In next few seconds fund I have 0.21 in my wallet transferred to different wallet. After I noticed that was a similar ad pop-up site. Please be careful. Can't do anything to take money back.
PoorMaschine

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:33:29 PM

Im so sorry, but you had to take a bit more of measures to avoid this. Im about to go offline cause it's a bit paranoid going through so much security checks. Is it there a guide to move from blockchain.info to electrum your btc?
BrickWall

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:40:37 PM

Sorry brother it can not be recover ever i think. You can report on blockchain but i think it will not bear any result to you. Better you can do two factor security for future.

Reporting to blockchain.info wouldn't do anything its not a breach in their security. they can't do anything.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: