Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:21:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I've just been hacked!! :-(  (Read 1667 times)
Opquar

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:37:09 PM

Do you have any idea as to how you got hacked? Maybe your computer is compromised? I don't think there's much you could do about the stolen coins, but you should definitely try to know how you got pwned in the first place.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
asebaby

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:07:10 PM

I really feel the pains in this,although some persons my say is out of carelessness but i feel its what is call time and unforeseen occurrence it befall us all,its can  happen to anyone. Sorry nothing can be done,just be careful though ,someone mint have gotten access to your Email that is linked to your Blockchain OR it has been hacked.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:13:12 PM

Everything I've done has always been on Blockchain.info. I've never bought anything with BIT, only saving it over the last months.

I've contacted them and given the details. Fingers crossed they can do something...but I doubt it.

Is there a way to contact the owner of a wallet?
This is where it ended up: 1Pbs1z5rK4vUWLtjTkK1vxksWHyswTndzj
Can I contact them somehow?

Thanks for your help!

You can't, because privacy policy of all the websites as well as the same characteristic of Bitcoin won't let you do so.
How can you contact anyone you don't even know? I googled all the addresses that you have mentioned here but sadly, didn't find anything.
That's a disadvantage somehow because hackers just run away as they can't even be traced due to "privacy" attached to their IP addresses too as such things also aren't allowed to be seen for their wallets. Can only advice you to try using offline wallets next time you wanna collect them.

If online services had any use, they should at least try to prosecute the thieft, but the thing is, it's a lossing battle. Online wallets are in-itself a scam. Everything that isn't controlling your own coins in your own local wallets is a scam.

First lesson of bitcoin: not your private keys, not your bitcoins.

Never store bitcoins in online wallets of any nature, blockchain.info, exchanges, it's all the same shit.

Store them in a safe computer, or store them offline in a paper wallet, trezor, or an usb with your wallet.dat file on there. Everything else will get hacked.
Anwar22

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:27:12 PM

I really feel pain in this. I'm sorry to not help you in this matter but i think you can make a report in the block chain. My seems they can give you a good opinion.
Kray

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:48:41 PM

I'm so sorry for your bad luck. Every transaction in blockchain can not canceled, so you can not get your coin back. Blockchain.info also can't do anything for your lose. Buy a hardware wallet, and send your coin to your device, don't forget to backup your private key. Dont trust every unreputable website and don't use same password for your wallet if you registered in unreputable website
Jeger.Kiting

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:15:20 PM

Do you have any idea as to how you got hacked? Maybe your computer is compromised? I don't think there's much you could do about the stolen coins, but you should definitely try to know how you got pwned in the first place.

Perhaps I think he often uses other computers to unlock important data he owns, or he often uses other people's wifi, so others will find it very easy to know all the important data they have and easily steal all the contents of the data.
bit-freedom

Merit: 256

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:27:42 PM

I am sorry to hear about your losses and sad to say that there is no way to recover the BTC. I suggest you to move on and to keep your BTC in the hardware wallet you have.

However, please clean up your computer and beware of virus and malware in the further. Always check the addresses you are sending BTC and altcoins to. There is new virus going around. When you copy BTC address, the virus will paste another BTC address which cause you to pay to the hackers’ BTC address.
bigmaster23

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:37:08 PM

We are sad to heared your story maybe this could be a lesson for you I'm not lecturing you or what on some way but even on me I really would hate that scenario having all my effort to go in vain and nothing to gain.

izumaki

Activity: 141

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:24:59 PM

please always use passphrase to store your Bitcoins, make sure u use coinomi or mycelium wallets as these are cold wallets, we learned it after a lot of people got hacked, hackers are not asleep they know they can't steal ur money except they have access to your private keys or passphrase
Kray

Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:37:06 PM

I am sorry to hear that you lost some of your bitcoin balance, you can’t refund the transaction. for now try to figure out what’s causing you to lose your balance is a more useful thing than trying to restore your balance. Learn from today's accident so that similar accident won’t happen again in the future.
Jombrangs

Activity: 630
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:51:48 PM

Sorry for the lost, how did they get access to your private key and your password?  I always advice people to avoid downloading any thing online, reading unfamiliar e-mails, this is often used by hackers to gain access to people's computer or laptop, be as it may I don't think it is possible to recover your BTC, try and update your security features in blockchain.info this will prevent future occurrences.

yeah your right ... keep away for downloads anything if you think there's a suspicious app or something do not click or download
scammer can do anything to scam us ... just keep it safe your details
Firefox07

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:40:52 PM

It is our responsibility to secure our coins. We need carefulness double. So that no hackers can hack our wallet. Sorry for your lost bro.

Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:44:24 PM

I feel sorry for you, they just ransacked all of your bitcoins, do you make a reports in the block chain if they can return it? but I think you can not recover any of the move coins but at least you had made a report on every transactions that have been made, just be careful next time and I think you need to change all your password or save your private key more properly.
Even he would tend to send support ticket on blockchain.They would really just neglect such thing  and they wont really able to reverse and transactions and make those funds back for sure.Knowing and trying out in the past that their support doesnt even care to reply you back when theres an issue happen to their wallet service.For OP,sad to hear out for your loss and theres no way you can get those coins back.Just moved on.
valucash

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:15:23 PM

Would be nice if there is a feature in bitcoin which can invalidate the stolen coins and restore back to the owner what was stolen. although things will get more complicated as bitcoin is decentralized.
xenxen

Activity: 763
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 12:41:40 PM

thats what so sad bro its nothing chance to get back your fund...just all you can do is trace your mistake and dont do again... make it learn its hard to move on but you need to accept...

███▄▄ ▀████████▄▄
█████▀ ▄  ▀███████▄
████▌ ██▄▄ ▐████████▄
█████▄ ▀▀  ██████████▄
█████████ ████████████
█████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████ ███████▀
█████████ ██████▀
 ████████ ██▀▀
  ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀██████████
       ▀▀█████▀
.GptVerse.
A Metaverse App to Shop,
Learn, Organize, and Play!
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
███████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███████
███████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███████
Fria

Activity: 182
Merit: 40

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 12:59:16 PM

In my personal view, it's a brutal tragedy Because you almost got 1 coin but a pretty geek stole it from you. Make sure next time you keep your wallet information because although Bitcoin security is accurate but keeping you wallet needs more attention to avoid problems in the future.
You can't take your Bitcoin back but you still have to continue to collect and keep ypur wallet secured.
Fulmand

Activity: 568
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:19:14 PM

In my personal view, it's a brutal tragedy Because you almost got 1 coin but a pretty geek stole it from you. Make sure next time you keep your wallet information because although Bitcoin security is accurate but keeping you wallet needs more attention to avoid problems in the future.
You can't take your Bitcoin back but you still have to continue to collect and keep ypur wallet secured.

I feel so sorry about it but this really the risk we have to take in joining this digital currency. Due to our very advanced technology many things can happen to our wallet so as much as possible let's keep it secure at all times. Me personally keeps my wallet offline so that it will not be that accessible to hackers. In this business field all we have to do is be vigilant and alert in our decission making.

joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:41:25 PM

I'm quite new to bitcoin and only started collecting a few months ago. I've been using Bitcoin Wallet on Blockchain.info

First mistake.

I really don't get it why it is a mistake for the user to be using a bitcoin wallet from blockchain.info in the first place. If he had activated 2FA it would have helped but he didn't and i think people are being hacked all the time it don't have anything to do with where they have their wallets.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
drwhobox

Activity: 756
Merit: 133

- hello doctor who box

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:46:19 PM

I'm so sorry about your lost almost 5.5kUSD total. There is a little to nothing chance when getting back your money if transacted with Bitcoin. Put a 2fa on your wallets bro make it secured never go esy with your password nd the security of your wllet next time. Goodluck.
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:23:58 PM

This is a very painful thing to experience, waking up one morning and all your BTC gone... Am so sorry. You have to be extra careful next time. I don't think you can trace the person who did or where the money went to.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: