Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:52:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is up with the pools?????  (Read 931 times)
SNAZ31 (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 01:13:38 PM

Have just been using dgcpool.com guys and I have been getting ripped off, I have been mining over 12 hours and only got 28 coins... I had the same problem with wemineltc... Something is very a miss! I have 1400+ kh/s

WTF is going on?

So pissed off with this!

Edit: just to add I thought it was a bit wrong so I noticed my coins and how many blocks were yet unconfirmed, came back and some blocks had confirmed but no change to my coins!
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SNAZ31 (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 01:29:06 PM

So no-one else is having any issues? Can't believe it is just me...
richgene

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 01:46:11 PM

What are you basing how many coins you should have on WeMineLTC?

Is it based on what you "used to get"?

Difficulty's always going up.

~richgene
caish5

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 01:49:12 PM

Try a P2Pool like mine.
You can verify the fee charged is correct by entering  http://caish5.com:8900/fee just modify the address for your P2Pool node of choice.
As far as I can tell there are no other opportunities in P2Pool for pool owners to steal blocks as is possible with other systems.

...Not that I'm saying any particular pool is up to no good just that it is possible.

Bitvolcano YAC, BBQ and WDC P2Pools at http://bitvolcano.com
nearmiss

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 01:53:24 PM

Try a P2Pool like mine.
You can verify the fee charged is correct by entering  http://caish5.com:8900/fee just modify the address for your P2Pool node of choice.
As far as I can tell there are no other opportunities in P2Pool for pool owners to steal blocks as is possible with other systems.

...Not that I'm saying any particular pool is up to no good just that it is possible.

Thats a bit disingenuous to non-p2pool's.  Both systems have their place, and people have their preferences.  Though no need to turn it into a debate between the two.  One bad experience at a pool of either kind does not equate to that type being the wrong choice. 

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
SNAZ31 (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 01:54:09 PM

~richgene

Well yes and no... I moved from litebonk just cos I fancied a steadier payout, but I got less with wemineltc, a lot less... The difficulty was the same, I do keep an eye on those kinds of things... Don't know what is up.
SNAZ31 (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 01:55:57 PM

Try a P2Pool like mine.

Okay I will look into that mate, thanks a lot... Just don't get it, this has been going on for the past few days now. Would like to get to the bottom of it, I mean it could be something my end I suppose... I have gone back to litebonk for now to see what happens.
SNAZ31 (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 02:01:29 PM

~richgene

Just checked the dgc profit calc and I should be getting 114 coins a day... So 28 for over half a day is far too low... I know there is something up, I can tell... It was the same with wemineltc... Can remember the exact figures now but I ran on that pool for 24 hours.
caish5

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 02:08:06 PM

Thats a bit disingenuous to non-p2pool's.  Both systems have their place, and people have their preferences.  Though no need to turn it into a debate between the two.  One bad experience at a pool of either kind does not equate to that type being the wrong choice. 
I agree there is a place for both.

sadface

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 02:23:05 PM

~richgene

Just checked the dgc profit calc and I should be getting 114 coins a day... So 28 for over half a day is far too low... I know there is something up, I can tell... It was the same with wemineltc... Can remember the exact figures now but I ran on that pool for 24 hours.

read up on pplns
caish5

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 02:26:45 PM

I hate that PPLNS is so hard to explain to people.
They usually begin to understand it AFTER they've left your pool and it keeps paying them!

SNAZ31 (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 02:29:06 PM

~richgene

read up on pplns

Dude please, I have been mining a couple months now I am not a complete noob, I know what pplns is and I have mined on many different pools... I know it takes a little while to kick in but never that long, especially on big pools... I know about varience too... When I was with litebonk sometimes I could go 23 hours with nothing but I always knew it would level out... But the bigger the pool the less varience there should be right? Which is why I switched in the first place... This is defo something else...

Anyway trying out another pool now and I will report back my findings...
SNAZ31 (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 02:31:55 PM

I hate that PPLNS is so hard to explain to people.
They usually begin to understand it AFTER they've left your pool and it keeps paying them!

LMAO... Honestly guys I am not thick, I know how all that works, pplns is not a problem, been with many pools that do it and I can tell the difference... I know when something is not right... Even with the blocks that were being found... Say on wemineltc there were a lot of 42 mins and 52 mins when the average should be 15 mins, that is all find but there never seemed to be a good run, ever... Over a whole 24 hour period...
SNAZ31 (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 02:36:16 PM

With the new pool I just joined I am already up to 1dgc an hour average, I have only been on it for like 20 mins! There is still more to go on it but the point is pplns does not take that long to kick in when it is a big pool! I didn't just mine for 2 mins then leave you know... Once was 24 hours (wemineltc) and the over 12 hours for dgcpool.com... Both pools are big enough to have pplns kick in within a couple hours!

Edit: Just check after posting this and now it is saying 1.67 an hour! Do you see??? I already have 1.15dgc banked after only like half an hour! and that is at the start!!! See, I can tell already that THIS pool is not going to be a problem!

Edit2: Right after my edit it is 1.82 an hour and 1.50 banked... I am not some crazy noob that doesn't know what is going on! lmao

Edit: 2.29 an hour and 1.92 banked...
Thorgrim

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 02:48:00 PM

I have had similar problems on some pools.

I just switch and don't use them again.

Might be intentional, maybe not but if you aren't getting what you should just don't use em.

SNAZ31 (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 02:51:53 PM

I have had similar problems on some pools.

I just switch and don't use them again.

Might be intentional, maybe not but if you aren't getting what you should just don't use em.

Yeah obviously I won't be using them again... At least yuou don't think I am a crazy noob :p Thanks

I mean I suppose it could be down to servers and whatnot but with wemineltc they have various servers and I was using the one for the eu so shouldn't have been a problem... i don't know man, but anyway this new one seems okay so far, fingers crossed... Smiley
flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 02:57:03 PM

DGC and WDC payout lower than their estimate due to the fast blocks.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
caish5

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 02:57:44 PM

Nah we don't think you're a crazy noob but you've gotta cover all your bases here before you point the accusing stick.

wknight
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin calls me an Orphan

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 03:01:49 PM

PPLNS is going to split up your payments over a few blocks.

Basically it comes down to this. If your going to mine on a PPLNS pool.. you might as well use p2pool. This way you cant be ripped off by a pool op.

PPS is great also as you know what your getting paid per share. You just need to make sure you keep a eye on the shares you submitted and how many the pool pays.

Mining Both Bitcoin and Litecoin.
SNAZ31 (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 03:02:36 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2013, 03:15:02 PM by SNAZ31

DGC and WDC payout lower than their estimate due to the fast blocks.

This is quite obviously not true as I am with a pool now that is giving me what I should be getting.... I can understand some wiggle room like but not half of what I should be getting... For instance been on this pool what an hour now if that and already it is at 3.58 an hour average, It will still go up more too, oh and I have banked 3.5.. 3.5 x 12 = 42... And this is the first hour!!!! The hour that doesn't really give me what I should be getting! But the other pool after 12 hours only gave me 28... That is not right I don't care what anyone says, if you think it is maybe you are getting ripped too?

Edit: Up to 4.90 and hour average now... That equals 58 odd for a 12 hour period! But I got 28 for longer than that, do you still think that is right yeah? They weren't ripping me off nah? No problem at all right? Hey maybe they don't even know... But something is certainly not right and I knew it!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: