Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:57:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining. Want to start mining.  (Read 1090 times)
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:50:38 PM

Do a little research, there are many people out there that started mining and then decided to give up quick and want to get some cash out of the equipment. Put as much thought into the storage and care of the units as you do the units themselves. Keeping them cool and running well is a key to success.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:19:44 PM

Almost  $8,000 is good to start mining with especially if you have the mind to mining altcoins and you most focus on the best coins with high market capitalization. I went into mining bitcoin before but I have to close it down because of the operational costs especially the cost of electricity and cooling because I am living in a very hot country. Having take care of the foregoing advanced costs of operations, you should not going into it without adequate knowledge on how things work.
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:26:30 PM

Do a little research, there are many people out there that started mining and then decided to give up quick and want to get some cash out of the equipment. Put as much thought into the storage and care of the units as you do the units themselves. Keeping them cool and running well is a key to success.

Instead you asked him to research about it you can send the reference which can help him or you simply no need to post this without any information bro.
Youtube is the source to learn mining or trading. There are many articles available to learn what is bitcoin mining upto professional level.
ASIC miners are good to mine bitcoin and GPU is good altcoin mining.
liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:09:46 PM

Welcome to mining !.

How to mine Bitcoin ?...
Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency - anonymous digital money, essentially, that you can mine on your computer. We look at how to mine Bitcoin, and discuss whether it's a good idea.

Mining a Bitcoin requires the solving of complex computational problems. This is done through software that uses the GPU of a PC to essentially keep chipping away at answers until it finds the right one.

While this might sound easy - and when Bitcoin first appeared back it was certainly easier - these days the complexity of the problems are such that the power needed to crack them is substantial.

Because of this it's now virtually impossible to mine Bitcoin without serious, dedicated hardware, or through people joining together in pools to share their resources and rewards.

Before you delve too far into the Bitcoin scene it's worth considering the fact that's it's very difficult to make money mining Bitcoin. In fact, due to the cost of electricity and any additional hardware you might purchase (not to mention replacing Macs whose GPUs burn out due to excessive use) you could mine a net loss.

To have any chance of making a profit you'll need a powerful machine, along the lines of a MacBook Pro or a higher-end iMac such as the iMac with 5K display. You could theoretically use a MacBook Air or Mac mini but due to the lower-powered GPUs found in those devices it's not advisable.

Mining Software
Finally you'll want to install the mining software itself. Again there are a number of options, but a good starting place for those new to Bitcoin mining is MacMiner.

Will I make money?
Now this is a tricky question. The way pools work does indeed spread the load across a wide network, but there's no guarantee of any steady income.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: