Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:29:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Changelly vs Coinbase  (Read 1139 times)
sab1234 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:51:33 PM

Hi,

I am a little confused about how changelly gives us the ability to buy bitcoins without an ID? Does this mean they are using someone like localbitcoins?
Howcome they dont need any id to buy and sell BTC? Are their rates much higher? Why does almost everyone use bitfinex to trade bitcoins and not something like changelly? In other words what does changelly actually do?

https://changelly.com/faq - I am referring to this .
knircky

Activity: 99
Merit: 18

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:51:51 PM

Hi,

I am a little confused about how changelly gives us the ability to buy bitcoins without an ID? Does this mean they are using someone like localbitcoins?
Howcome they dont need any id to buy and sell BTC? Are their rates much higher? Why does almost everyone use bitfinex to trade bitcoins and not something like changelly? In other words what does changelly actually do?

Yes rates are horrible, but anonymous which is worth quite a bit

pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:54:52 PM

Hi,

changelly is an online exchange and coinbase is a bitcoin wallet so i think they are different to each other. changelly is an online exchange that works just like bittres and poloniex where you can trade or exchange your coins to a different coins at a specific price.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:59:01 PM

Changelly lets you trade bitcoin for altcoins, and that's it I think.  Coinbase lets you buy
bitcoin with cash.  That there is a huge difference.

Coinbase is a legitimate company, and is regulated by the US government.  Changelly isn't
based in the US, and I'm not familiar with their regulators at all.  I have used both, and
they seem to be pretty reliable.  If anonymity is your thing, stay far away from Coinbase.
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 7116

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 03:00:07 AM

Howcome they dont need any id to buy and sell BTC? Are their rates much higher? Why does almost everyone use bitfinex to trade bitcoins and not something like changelly?
People don't use Changelly because their rate for USD -> Crypto sucks.

Right now, 1 BTC = $6761 at Changelly. This is $900 dollars more expensive than if you buy with Coinbase or Kraken. Also, Changelly only accepts Credit Card, while most exchanges will accept wire transfers or bank deposits.

In other words what does changelly actually do?
There is no advtanges AFAIK. People tend to use them for Crypto <-> Crypto exchanges.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:30:40 AM

Hi,

Changelly isno doubt taking a huge risk by accepting VISA/mastercard deposits.

That is the primary reason imo why their rates are complete BS and isn't worth your time at all if you wanted to convert your debit card funds into bitcoin. You can be easily stuck paying a sizeable premium of over 20% with them.

Coinbase on the other hand has better rates, but needs ID so that chances of fraud are significantly lowered.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: