Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:24:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining on ethermine average vs reported hashrate  (Read 976 times)
ledsgo (OP)

Activity: 93
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:23:24 PM

Hi,

I have 3 miners on ethermine, my reported hashrate is 555 mh/s.

My average hashrate is around 525 mh/s. It'S like having a card that does not bring me anything.

If I compare to zcash on flypool, my average almost equal my reported hashrate...

Is this normal for ethereum?

NB: I just switched a miner on dwarfpool to see if I have the same result... I will let you know.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:38:55 AM

Hi,

My average hashrate is around 525 mh/s. It'S like having a card that does not bring me anything.

If I compare to zcash on flypool, my average almost equal my reported hashrate...

Is this normal for ethereum?

NB: I just switched a miner on dwarfpool to see if I have the same result... I will let you know.

Your reported hashrate varies from time to time, you can check this on the graph representations, the average hashrate is computed from lowest to highest results from your miner, this is the same to all algo's not just in ETH.
Sev18

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:34:39 PM

Pool estimates hashrate by shares sent from rigs, it can be inaccurate.
It seems that it's showing about 5% difference, I think it's very good.

■■■■■■■  Multi-Algo Switching Manager - MULTIPOOL MULTIALGO Profit Switch Launcher  ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■             https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2041971             ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■                           Download Now!                           ■■■■■■■
ledsgo (OP)

Activity: 93
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:29:24 PM

So after 19 hours of testing on dwarfpool it seem that my average hashrate is more accurate there.

Though what is really important is ether production.

So to compare both pool I calculated my average hourly production and I divided it by my total hashrate as shown on claymore (which is independent from the pool).

So far the production is better on ethermine (by 8%)...but time will tell, those value can change. I will keep on monitoring.   
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:42:48 PM

Rather than hashrate, look at the income. Friend of mine have done a 3 month test and he told me on dwarfpool, the hashrate was 10% to 20% higher hashrate than ethermine and yet ethermine payout was 10 to 20% higher than dwarfpool. So what is the point of an amazing hashrate and poor payout.  I then did some tests and my tests were similar to my friend.

You should never mine at these pools, dwarfpool, miningpoolhub, suprnova and many other pools are scams.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:22:28 AM

Rather than hashrate, look at the income. Friend of mine have done a 3 month test and he told me on dwarfpool, the hashrate was 10% to 20% higher hashrate than ethermine and yet ethermine payout was 10 to 20% higher than dwarfpool. So what is the point of an amazing hashrate and poor payout.  I then did some tests and my tests were similar to my friend.

You should never mine at these pools, dwarfpool, miningpoolhub, suprnova and many other pools are scams.

what about DCR , supernova are they scamming that too ?
mbdmbn

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:10:39 AM

what about DCR , supernova are they scamming that too ?

I left a post here about suprnova, 3rd or 4th one down https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2002174.0

It's not just with that coin, it's with all of their pools.
Oakey22

Activity: 488
Merit: 322

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:52:18 AM

The pool rate is actual shares and is calculated from that. what the miner reports is actual rate of the miner.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: