Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:55:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Going to buy 2 S9s and 2 PSUs - Got IEC  (Read 1086 times)
moneymaeka (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:03:01 PM

Hi,

I had imported some stuff in the past and made the mistake of not getting an IEC (Import Export Code). Luckily I had a friend who had an IEC in his company's name so changed order details to get my products cleared through customs.

Just Called ICEGATE @ 180030101000 - guess what? .... Completely useless the guy on the phone was like (in hindi) "huh? this is not bitcoin agency this is ICEGATE". I asked him who I could speak to regarding Custom Dept.'s policy on Antminers. He dint know shit so I just kept the phone.

Well going ahead, since my import experience from the last time -  this time I have an IEC as a proprietor and a Customs clearance agent.

Reading some posts on this forum has made more concerned. So I am going to send all the details of the Antminers and PSUs before hand to my custom clearance agent before ordering. I am going to get the custom dept.'s stance on my import and the taxes to be levied.

NOTE:
1) I was going to pay in BTCs, but read in previous threads that customs is not recognizing such payments. So I am going to withdraw all my BTCs from my wallet which I had stashed for Bitmain's payment and going to do an old fashioned wire transfer.

2) IEC took me 4 days to get.

3) Custom Clearance agents are dime a dozen. Just get their service for the right price.

Will update about the customs dept.'s stance on antminers and taxes. (will take about 2-3 days from comming monday)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
manav24

Activity: 122
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:30:47 PM

Hi,

I had imported some stuff in the past and made the mistake of not getting an IEC (Import Export Code). Luckily I had a friend who had an IEC in his company's name so changed order details to get my products cleared through customs.

Just Called ICEGATE @ 180030101000 - guess what? .... Completely useless the guy on the phone was like (in hindi) "huh? this is not bitcoin agency this is ICEGATE". I asked him who I could speak to regarding Custom Dept.'s policy on Antminers. He dint know shit so I just kept the phone.

Well going ahead, since my import experience from the last time -  this time I have an IEC as a proprietor and a Customs clearance agent.

Reading some posts on this forum has made more concerned. So I am going to send all the details of the Antminers and PSUs before hand to my custom clearance agent before ordering. I am going to get the custom dept.'s stance on my import and the taxes to be levied.

NOTE:
1) I was going to pay in BTCs, but read in previous threads that customs is not recognizing such payments. So I am going to withdraw all my BTCs from my wallet which I had stashed for Bitmain's payment and going to do an old fashioned wire transfer.

3) Custom Clearance agents are dime a dozen. Just get their service for the right price.

Will update about the customs dept.'s stance on antminers and taxes. (will take about 2-3 days from comming monday)

bitmain has suspended shipping to India so make sure u dont buy from a scam site.

Bitrated user: manav24.
moneymaeka (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:47:57 PM

Thanks for the information.
haven't gotten any information from my customs agent yet.
but will check this with bitmain.com too  Smiley 
moneymaeka (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:57:13 PM

yes..... they have suspended transport to India.
What a loss. So its true - the custom clearance reports. India govt. is set on a destructive agenda.

No loss of capital but a real loss of faith in this doctrine.
Doclam

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:40:36 AM

they might block your import in customs, I have heard this everywhere
murgan6

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:59:59 PM

Hi,

NOTE:

bitmain has suspended shipping to India so make sure u dont buy from a scam site.
Is this confirm news
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: