Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:58:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electron Cash - sending my BCC / program crashes when restoring wallet  (Read 413 times)
randyfloyd (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:04:37 PM

Hello!  Newb here so please be gentle.  I probably won't know much technical language beyond what I type here---

I claimed my BCC on Electron Cash (my wallet was on Electrum).
So the BCC are successfully there.

However, I could not send them to my new Ledger nor to Kraken, I received the following error message:
16: madatory-script-verify-flag-failed. (Signature must use verified SIGHASH_FORKID

So I looked it up, and I saw that the workaround was to restore my wallet in a new 2FA wallet and disable the 2FA.
Unfortunately, Electron Cash is now crashing when I attempt to restore.  I click 'I already have a seed', and then it either hangs at 'Please wait', or fails and brings me an option to see the console.

To top things off, when I look at my BCC balance at the bottom of the screen in my wallet, it says that I have a balance but that the balance is sent yet unconfirmed, it has been this way for an hour or more.  I checked both my Ledger and Kraken accounts, nothing has been received so it seems like the funds are just floating around in virtual land.

Can anyone please help me?  Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:53:38 AM

There was a large problem with 2FA in electron cash.

Try another workaround to try not to use 2FA if possible. Are the private keys on the ledger, can you use that with electron cash instead or were they on your computer?

The unconfirmed bit means it can't verify the transaction as its on a btc node and not a bch nide that it's connected to.
randyfloyd (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:26:39 PM

The private keys are on my computer.  I had originally tried to claim the BCC by following the Electrum instructions (using the private keys in Electron-Cash on a separate machine from the one that was running Electrum), but that didn't work for me.  I ended up moving my BTC to the ledger, then running Electron-Cash on the first machine.  By doing this, the BCC were in the wallet but I can't seem to move them.  They are stuck in this 2FA wallet.  I can't even seem to transfer them to a different Electron-Cash wallet on the same computer.

Do you have an ideas for a potential workaround on this?

As for the unconfirmed transaction, it has disappeared overnight as I had hoped, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:51:53 PM

Do you have the 2FA seed or can get access to it, try importing that and see if anything (though I'm not well versed in how 2FA actually works).

At least you can see your balance so if there is a 2FA fix at some point, you'll be able to spend the coins.
randyfloyd (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:34:13 PM

i'm not sure what you mean, but i do have the 2FA authentificator on my phone available, and I do have the seed for the account.  When I tried to restore the account using the account seed, the Electron hangs up or crashes. 

yeah, i am hoping for a fix at some point, but I'm really frustrated bc i want to sell the coins while they still have some value
randyfloyd (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:18:13 PM

ugh now the unconfirmed transaction is back... 3 days later
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:31:16 PM

i'm not sure what you mean, but i do have the 2FA authentificator on my phone available, and I do have the seed for the account.  When I tried to restore the account using the account seed, the Electron hangs up or crashes. 

yeah, i am hoping for a fix at some point, but I'm really frustrated bc i want to sell the coins while they still have some value

Try putting the 2FA seed into the regular electrum and export the private keys. Then import them into electron cash.
You could also try adding it when your computer is booted in safe mode and see if that fixes anything.
randyfloyd (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:17:15 PM

jackg, I think i got it!!!!!!  i have an unconfirmed deposit into my ledger as I type.

i can't explain all the crashes I got along the way, but what I ended up doing was updating my OS, and following the instructions on this link:

https://medium.com/@rende2009/how-to-move-your-bitcoin-cash-from-an-electrum-cash-wallet-without-an-error-d389034807b

i also found that i needed to close down Electron, and restart it (with no other wallets having been open) to get it not to hang during the restore process.

Thank you kindly for all your assistance!
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:22:36 PM

jackg, I think i got it!!!!!!  i have an unconfirmed deposit into my ledger as I type.

i can't explain all the crashes I got along the way, but what I ended up doing was updating my OS, and following the instructions on this link:

https://medium.com/@rende2009/how-to-move-your-bitcoin-cash-from-an-electrum-cash-wallet-without-an-error-d389034807b

i also found that i needed to close down Electron, and restart it (with no other wallets having been open) to get it not to hang during the restore process.

Thank you kindly for all your assistance!

That's great news! Now all you have to do is decide whether to sell or hold those coins. If you get any more issues, PM me or post in a new thread.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: