Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:16:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what will stop this token rush?  (Read 552 times)
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 03:51:25 PM

"out of control" . . . isn't that kind of the idea behind crypto in the first place?
Yes, there are tons of shitcoins and scams, but satoshi set out to make a currency that isn't controlled by a central organization.  What you are suggesting is completely opposite to what makes crypto attractive in the first place.

so to deal with all the craziness, just ignore the others and invest and use the ones that are personally useful or profitable to you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eldub

Activity: 232
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:03:24 PM

The same thing will stop the token craze as stopped the altcoin craze. Nothing.

jlp

Activity: 266
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:06:47 PM

there are so many tokens around, that are useless
i think that the only way to stop it is moving on to platforms that regulate the coins that being made
komodo platform will talk with every company that will make a coin on the platform
and ADA protocol, will regulate the tokens that will run on their protocol
i really dont see a future to the ethereum ... its getting out of control with all this eSHIT coins and many other scams that have been born on the ethereum..

People need to educate themselves on ICOs, in order to filter out the scams and crap from the legitimate ICOs.  Read:

3 kinds of ICOs - Protect Yourself
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2243157.0
Anndrianno

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:12:14 PM

Well... the ban of Internet- my best guess. You have a point, when say that there is a bubble on the cryptocurrencies market, however, not all the new coins are scams and craps- we just have to eliminate the wrong once before investing anything. ETHERIUM is a really important, efficient and useful tool for crowdsourcing and successful crowdsale. However, it should be applied in a right way, which is always difficult as you are unable to check each and every project. At this point we discover the fact that it's useless to argue over utility of ETHERIUM as money teams tend to overrate themselves and are going to crowdsale without any product or clear way of future development. Though the process is unlikely to stop completely in the near future

DaFingIs

Activity: 37
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:32:04 PM

I can't help but to notice the timing of all these 'shit coins' being released coinciding with the hardfork about to happen. Part of me thinks that a few devs have realised they can quickly up their stock of ETH and, ultimately, BTC prior to the fork to get as much free BTCGold as possible.

I also cant help but to think the same people are behind more than one of the coins, little things like the same typos in their webpages being one indicator and then, the more obvious indicator, when I went on the eXMR 'Medium' blog the link to to their e-xmr.io website actually still pointed to the old eltc.io website.

I pointed that out to the dev in Telegram and the link was changed then all the posts detailing the death of eltc.io followed. Seems like someone realised they were being a bit obvious maybe? IDK.

GPLAY - 1# DECENTRALIZED P2P DIGITAL GAMING MARKETPLACE (https://gplaymarket.com)
CherryICO

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:34:22 PM

Investors can stop it, contributing to a useful projects with many antiscam proofs
osmo

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:47:13 PM

not a platform like the wrong etherium that I think, but someone who uses it as a fraud event, then we should be able to choose which good and the quality that will survive.

Joe-Niner

Activity: 130
Merit: 145

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:48:29 PM

Ethereum is a platform. The market (investors) have to regulate the rush. If they only buy the ones which are trusted and worthwile, the rest will disappear.
Exactly, time will take care of it as people will realize 99% of them are pure garbage.
J. Cooper

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

Alea iacta est

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:58:05 PM

The answer is pretty simple actually. If investors like you and me stop having an interest in those kind of tokens, and more importantly: stop buying them, they will naturally decrease.
The only thing that drives people to create scam coins is to make money. Everyone (nearly everyone) in the space wants to make money , it's that simple. So as soon as the money flow starts decreasing you will see less projects that are useless and solely have the purpose of earning the 'developers' money.
3kpk3

Activity: 882
Merit: 148

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:31:58 PM

Bitcoin falling can lead to an end to this token rush. The crypto market is dependent on the king and if the king falls, everything else will follow the same downward path. I doubt this will ever happen. Bitcoin to the moon. Cool

Rinaze

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:34:35 PM

Good reasonable regulations by the big boys are the only way to keep the SCAM and possibly low quality ICOs away. That's why for the cryptocurrency industry to go even further, a temporary ban and sorting out the rules might not be a bad idea afterall.

CrypticGambit

Activity: 280

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:35:37 PM

What token rush? you mean ico? Well it is already over, too many icos. like 15 a day!

Javathon

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:39:41 PM

Somehow, you are correct with the future of ethereum. When the hype of ICOs stopped, the price of ethereum would go down. These ICOs give a  great opportunity for investments but the problem is there are too much ICOs. There should be a regulation but I don't think it would happen because it is hard to manage.
VeeTeaSee

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:52:21 PM

Somehow, you are correct with the future of ethereum. When the hype of ICOs stopped, the price of ethereum would go down. These ICOs give a  great opportunity for investments but the problem is there are too much ICOs. There should be a regulation but I don't think it would happen because it is hard to manage.

It is not hard to manage...
look at the Komodo platform, they will not allow to just anybody to open a coin on their platform

and there is another solution of the cardano protocol, that have built in tools for some regulations
billyj111

Activity: 322

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:18:51 PM

Agree with the author, just the tokens on the ETH are very easy to make and blockchain ethereum is simple and understandable.

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
gtglener

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:20:55 PM

I am already earning a highest amount of money by investing in that rush of token. You only need to study well about the project and their strategy and have to invest then. I love that more and more businesses start their ICO because when a new ICO come then a source of income start for me as I invest with them and after the end of ICO I make a good income with my investment.
AltcoinAuthority

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:41:13 AM

there are so many tokens around, that are useless
i think that the only way to stop it is moving on to platforms that regulate the coins that being made
komodo platform will talk with every company that will make a coin on the platform
and ADA protocol, will regulate the tokens that will run on their protocol
i really dont see a future to the ethereum ... its getting out of control with all this eSHIT coins and many other scams that have been born on the ethereum..

It won't be ending anytime soon. The coins that get listed have a pretty long lifespan, transferring coins from one place to another will keep happening.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
MiltonFree

Activity: 177
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:55:15 AM

Everything depends on people who invest. As far as they invest in every  single project they conseider to be at some extend promising, the rush for ICO will not end. But such avalanche of ICO has started in the begininng of 2017, so I guess there is about half a year for investors to ripe what they have bought. When they realise that a grear deal of coins they've bought are of no value, they will become more careful themselves and so other investors will.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: