Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:16:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Perspective on Electroneum  (Read 583 times)
Gehoff (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:27:58 AM

As well known now, Electroneum is super exciting.  I have seen a couple questions raised.

1. Why isn't the blockchain source on the page?
My Thoughts-  First,  it is unique and because of the ICO explosion it is smart to keep it until launch. They have however fully explained things to the ones who have raised the question.

2.  The app for mining isn't real mining.
My thoughts- Again, they explain this.  I think it is genius.  Like the BTC or other faucets that started many on the Crypto path except real and tangible coins gained while playing a game (I heard they have screenshots, anyone seen them?)  No transaction time or charge will help new crypto users catch on quick.

Actually all questions are answered like this-

Electroneum is awesome, don't miss the boat!
Never been this excited about anything is many many many many years
HippiePyro

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

A non technical guy in a technical world

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:44:08 AM

Where did you get these answers? Neither of them makes sense for this coin at this time. Would you mind sharing your sources?
jlp

Activity: 266
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:02:44 AM

Read the short write up about Electroneum

3 kinds of ICOs - Protect Yourself
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2243157    (on page 3)
Tipstar

Activity: 1778
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:20:25 AM

I'm too curious and suspicious about the over hyped Electroneum ICO. Good things doesn't require a large advertising. But its time that will make everything clear.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 03:29:18 AM

I think you guys are missing the whole entire point behind their concept.

They are aiming for mass adoption of crypto through user friendly mining app and are aiming to achieve this through viral marketing.
The success of the company actually has little to do with those already familiar with crypto and those already in mining pools or with rigs.
So actually, we aren't their market.
Our ICO contributions will pretty much all go straight to marketing to people who are like, "eh? crypto what now?"

The app is extremely user friendly and is designed to have you mine around $30 a month so you can cover your phone bill.
Behind that simplicity is some pretty impressive tech that ensures your phone doesn't burn up.
Actually, just go check it out for yourself because they already have a workable app.

Even the insane supply of electroneum (6billion) is meant to make it accessible to the average joe, instead of dealing in .001 ETN they made a large supply
so that each ETN can be broken up in a more accessible way.  They can move the decimals over so it will be 1 ETN instead of .001 ETN.  To the casual user of the app it is much more satisfying to see the one instead of the .001.

The head of the company is well suited to meet the company's goals as he is well established in the marketing world.

So the traditional concerns are actually going to make the company successful.  Too much hype? Good! More chances of it to go viral.  Initial coin supply too large? Good! All of it that isn't sold will go into mining pools to increase rewards for users of the app.  A coin that doesn't bring something new to the table? Good! The target audience that will make this a prosperous investment will have an easier time jumping into digital currency without having to learn all the vocabulary, technology, or deal with elitist snobs.

CarlJohnson89

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

https://triaconta.com/?ref=COMBI-154794

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 08:50:42 PM

Where did you get these answers? Neither of them makes sense for this coin at this time. Would you mind sharing your sources?

Read the white paper on the website. Also one enthausiatic investor made a FAQ that answers a lot of questions based on the white paper and answers given by the developers:http://electroneumtalk.proboards.com/thread/8/electroneum-faq

MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:27:27 PM

I'm too curious and suspicious about the over hyped Electroneum ICO. Good things doesn't require a large advertising. But its time that will make everything clear.

Hype comes mostly from the fact that people are icentivized to share it trough comissions over purchases by referrals aswell as that everyone hopes that more people = more profit.

But advertising and marketing is important, there are allot of projects that are fantastic (afterschool for example) but fail because there's a lack of exposure. Afterschool did something about it though and they're ICO is a succes now. It is a solid project with a committed team that really wants to mean something out of their own experience in the industry they're involved.

Advertisement is HUGELY important you have no idea how much this affects people. Everyone loves McDonalds right? And thinks Mcdonalds is great? They still advertise.. they want you to think of them else burgerking would appear everywhere and people forget about McD. People also expect commercials.

Netflix is huge aswell but they sure do advertise. Coca Cola is great, they advertise. I can go on and on..

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: