Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:38:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you ever think  (Read 742 times)
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 12:30:11 AM

There's actually already one, and it's called crypto20 I believe. It's pretty much just like a stock market index, it's a crypto index that invests in the top 20 coins in terms of market capitalization.

I don't think that this will ever become a popular idea, but it's happening out there already.

The reason is that you have absolutely no control of what you're investing in. If you are investing in coins traditionally by buying it and holding in an address that you have access to, there is 0 risk apart from the obviously volatile exchange rates. But trusting an investment fund to do something that you can do yourself already? Doesn't sound that good of an idea. They could easily deny access to your investment in the fund, if they really wanted to.

Plus, the lack of customization is a huge downside. There is no way that someone can pick and choose the coins they want investing in, but instead they're stuck with a limited range of coins in the fund that can't be filtered.

Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Scallywag

Activity: 249
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 02:08:13 AM

There's actually already one, and it's called crypto20 I believe. It's pretty much just like a stock market index, it's a crypto index that invests in the top 20 coins in terms of market capitalization.

I don't think that this will ever become a popular idea, but it's happening out there already.

The reason is that you have absolutely no control of what you're investing in. If you are investing in coins traditionally by buying it and holding in an address that you have access to, there is 0 risk apart from the obviously volatile exchange rates. But trusting an investment fund to do something that you can do yourself already? Doesn't sound that good of an idea. They could easily deny access to your investment in the fund, if they really wanted to.

Plus, the lack of customization is a huge downside. There is no way that someone can pick and choose the coins they want investing in, but instead they're stuck with a limited range of coins in the fund that can't be filtered.
'
i think it is mostly focused on older people , that don't have the knowledge to buy and sell on regular exchanges but still want to be invested in this space. this probably will be solved when the user interfaces mature and crypto becomes easier to use. because with all the stories around about hacking and losing funds i think a lot of people would rely on such a thing.
Aleth

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:03:48 PM

I don't think so with thousands of coins now in coin market, you will always have to choose what coins will you invest in your most convenient way and think that you will not loose in that.
Sidiq SP

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:33:13 PM

the thought has indeed crossed my mind since a few months ago, but the possibility of this being realized for now is not yet as far as it can be done, my thinking is based on the number of communities that each have their own opinions and sometimes not in line with what we think, my opinion on this
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:49:49 PM

I think you do not know enough about crypto and exchanges. There are plenty of exchanges which you can invest into many coins like NovaExchange has hundreds of coins.
Yups we have same thoughts,i dont get what OPs trying to say here,because theres alot of exchanges that can offer holding our coins and make profit from that.

So why need to have index fund for some reason.seems like someone i read in forum that thinking about having CRYPTO BANK what kind of mind thinking cryptonians nowadays
sepeda karat

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:14:31 PM

I think you have a lot of funds that are also vying to get into bitcoin space and they will start small but once they realize cryptocurrency is here to stay I imagine they will expand their index
Mr_Devin

Activity: 181
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:44:40 PM

To follow your way of thinking I get confused myself. I think you need to consider your question. And you need to go back to invest in bitcoin, because I do not think what you think.

Smitt

Activity: 888
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:57:55 PM

To invest may be like that, but different if you are trading for profit. From the profit, it may be better to buy coins that are developing, because if you buy a coin that is growing, you can get a coin with not too expensive otherwise if you buy a top 50 coin may be difficult for you to buy it because the price is quite expensive. Of the benefits, you get you can use as a top 50 coin investment, and it can be an investment advantage that you get next time.

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|
deloreswest

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:04:49 PM

Of course, indexes will come, but the market is still not ready for such an instrument.
im sure it would great if its true and crypto market will be much a like market stock. But i do believe just invest your coins on the project that you believe that will success and usefull in future. I believe investing on one coins could maximize your profit but you need to be picky and pick the right coins so you  wont regret your decisions and gain good profit from it.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:09:00 PM

I don't think so with thousands of coins now in coin market, you will always have to choose what coins will you invest in your most convenient way and think that you will not loose in that.
I would rather like to invest solely on the cryptocurrencies of my choice rather than on the whole index. Because it will help lessen the risk on not losing money, because some of the coins you invented in maybe under performing making one lose money.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Rastafarian

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:42:46 PM

Because of the enormous bounty campaigns that have been dropping on the platform, I always think of which one to partake and which one to step aside. This decision becomes sometimes a hectic task for me and I always have deliberations within me as to how to go about things. I came to a conclusion of always checking the team m embers and the roadmap of the campaign and lastly, what the campaign intends doing in the life of participants. What criteria do you use to select a campaign?
victoryana

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:47:46 AM

Do you ever think there's going to be a Bitcoin / Other Cryptos index fund? Which means you'll be able to invest money into the entire crypto market (obviously only like top 50 coins or so) instead of having to pick and choose different coins which you don't know about. This seems like the best idea to get mass amounts of people involved in investing and would get money flowing in like crazy.

Thoughts on this?
I always think about how I can safely trade bitcoin or digital money, I want myself to be rich and I also want to make a lot of money to cover my daily life. I like doing other charity work
sakib12121012

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:42:56 AM

I thing Bitcoin is known as the money in the whole country.It is good idea that Bitcoin will be allowed in every country.If we get it then the income will be much easier for us.Thanks if anything happens.
nur rochid

Activity: 1050

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:17:15 PM

Do you ever think there's going to be a Bitcoin / Other Cryptos index fund? Which means you'll be able to invest money into the entire crypto market (obviously only like top 50 coins or so) instead of having to pick and choose different coins which you don't know about. This seems like the best idea to get mass amounts of people involved in investing and would get money flowing in like crazy.

Thoughts on this?
I always think about how I can safely trade bitcoin or digital money, I want myself to be rich and I also want to make a lot of money to cover my daily life. I like doing other charity work
to be smart in bitcoin trading i think you should start now, because with practice you will have plenty of experience. you can choose a top 50 currency through cmc, and start analyzing for prospective coins
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:22:32 PM

Using the word convenient is like you are investing in a thing that you are using in your house. We are talking about profit so I think you must say that we will be choosing a coin to invest in has the highest possibility of having a good price in the future, a coin that will not only attract a lot of users in the future but also will attract a lot of investors.
Cinemo

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:26:20 PM

Thoughts on this?
i think bitcoin will surpass its value again and it will survive cause we all know that bitcoin is almost 20 years of running and i know that bitcoin is very large. it is so decentralize so dont you ever think that it will die soon cause bitcoin is bitcoin. bitcoin is the most valuable cryptocurrency in the world
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:44:53 PM

Thoughts on this?

That would be a great idea since people will be more efficiently become a good investor and would pick a good coin rather than a scam coin.
Rossy Akbar

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:23:18 PM

Well, if that will possibly happens it's gonna be good idea to investor in here,  but for me personally it will be a lot of better if you're not invest so mich assets in bitcoin, I knew the result that would be flowing so massive but bitcoin was so risky, you might be invest some of your assets in the real companies that you can manage very well.
Quraline

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:31:04 PM

This is a good idea, so you need to create such a fund and attract your investors ' money there.
ShitTL

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:19:00 PM

Yes we need to see this kind of engagement at first place. We must gather together and let know the world which are the best investment opportunities in terms of alt coin crypto. However that would artificial pumping if everyone starts investing into single or a group of coins. But if it is going to get us some good profitability then that would be great to do in the first place but we also need unity for that purpose.

However it would be difficult to achieve a same market cap as bitcoin for any other crypto currency and we may not see another bitcoin in the future and anywhere int he time. This would be really hard to digest as people will never let go the bitcoin and thus they will keep bitcoin as the bitcoin and nothing else.
I always think that there will be a new technology that will launch a member of the digital age similar to the block chain technology but will improve the technology blockchain I always hope that it will come to me.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: