Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:26:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I got SCAMMED by bitbox.mx!!!  (Read 12787 times)
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 04:40:24 AM

Well I've gotten most of my 9.9 btc out. Took 8 transactions so far trying random amounts. Still 1.2 stuck.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
extracrunchy (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:32:44 AM

/facepalm

Where's the "scammers tried to help me, I didn't listen" meme when you need it?!?

To quote a very wise man:
The company asking the client to report the transfer as fraudulent with their bank in order to have funds returned should set off some alarm bells.  Does that sound "normal" to you?
Bitcoin Scammer

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 05:09:22 PM

Just wanted to repost this. Smiley

DON'T GET SCAMMED, CHECK FIRST = Bitcoinscammers.com
whiskers75

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

Doesn't use these forums that often.

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:18:52 PM

Just wanted to re-repost this.  Grin

Elastic.pw Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 12:08:13 AM

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 01:24:53 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2013, 04:51:09 AM by franky1

as a guy that likes to search out scammers and shame them.

i am afraid to say bitbox.mx is not a shady scamming company.

infact if you search fincens website
http://www.fincen.gov/financial_institutions/msb/msbstateselector.html

and search 'bit' in the company name and search all states there are only 2 businesses with Bit in their company name that have full MSB licences for all US states.

bitbox being one of them
MSB Registration Status Information
Date: 06/29/2013
The inclusion of a business on the MSB Registrant Search Web page is not a recommendation,
certification of legitimacy, or endorsement of the business by any government agency.
The MSB Registrant Search Web page, which is updated on a weekly basis, contains entities that have registered as Money Services Businesses (MSBs)
pursuant to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) regulations at 31 CFR 1022.380(a)-(f), administered by the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN).
Information contained on this site has been provided by the MSB registrant. FinCEN does not verify information submitted by the MSB.
Information provided on this site reflects only what was provided directly to FinCEN. If an error or incomplete information is detected
on this site, the registrant should follow the appropriate instructions for correcting a Registration of Money Services Business (RMSB) form.
MSB Registration Number: 31000028630016
Registration Type: Initial Registration, Corrected Report
Legal Name: BitBox LLC
DBA Name: BitBox
Street Address: 500 E Washington St, Suite 10
City: Ann Arbor
State: MICHIGAN
Zip: 48104
MSB Activities:
Money transmitter
States of MSB Activities:
Alabama, Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District Of Columbia,
Federated States Of Micronesia, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas,
Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Marshall Islands, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri,
Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Northern Mariana Islands,
Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Palau, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee,
Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virgin Islands, US, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
All States & Territories & Foreign Flag: All States/Territories
Number of Branches:
Authorized Signature Date: 06/17/2013
Received Date: 06/18/2013

because they are fully licenced they have to BY law set up strict policies and money (dollar) control processes. which they have laid out in their terms and services.

by customers not conforming to these terms, makes the customers in breach of the rules.

no where in law does it say that customers should be refunded automatically if being investigated as part of fincen guidelines/ company handbook. otherwise wouldnt paypal, banks etc require warrants purely to freeze accounts. no!
MSB can freeze an account for any reason deemed high risk.. which strangely enough includes, but is not limited to receiving a warrant order from a court. it may also include other items such as account holder is on a government watch list. received information from a third party, or even simple matters of suspicious amounts.

so in short they are not scamming you by asking you for ID. they are simply following the rules, which most customers are not use to, due to the fact that customers have become too comfortable with other non-licenced companies relaxed or lack of policies. thus thinking that no policies is the norm. which infact is not the case

this is both a good thing that bitbox is fully licenced, which means they have the experience, training and understanding of how to handle money(dollars). but also the bureaucratic nightmare of government, which bitcoin customers want to avoid.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2013, 01:52:37 AM

I got my btc. I suggest op provide documents they want.

Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 09:35:18 AM

so in short they are not scamming you by asking you for ID. they are simply following the rules, which most customers are not use to
Problem here was, unless I've misunderstood, that they first accepted the payment, and then asked for ID.
This makes no sense.
If ID was required, they shouldn't allow you to pay first, they should have first asked for the ID, and once they received it they should have given the user the payment address.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2013, 09:59:03 AM

Well they pay. Stop being a Bitch and give them documents. Obviously something set off flags about you. I deposited $1000 without documents.

extracrunchy (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 05:06:47 AM

I had to mark the payment as "fraudulent" with my bank. Got my money back. Also filled with the BBB (not that I think it will matter a lot), also looking for other agencies to file with.

Hope these scammers are brought to justice soon!!

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 05:09:08 AM

I don't believe they are scammers. They don't have the experience yet and have bugs but they are very legit or try to be. I got everything.

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 07:46:13 AM

I had to mark the payment as "fraudulent" with my bank. Got my money back. Also filled with the BBB (not that I think it will matter a lot), also looking for other agencies to file with.

Hope these scammers are brought to justice soon!!

Could you post your real name in here? I can't be arsed to go all prism on you right now because it's so early and I'm not up to my level of caffeine and I need to add you to my little black book of people never to do business with. Thanks.
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 08:02:00 AM

Yeah, op stop being a bitch.

extracrunchy (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:19:07 AM

ok, my bad. got my money back. case closed. i won't bother you guys on this thread anymore! Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: