Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:59:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why we should rely on bitcoin, if government regularize it ?  (Read 383 times)
moinul018 (OP)

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:22:20 AM

I am not completely sure about the way we are using bitcoin right now. If we eventually need governments approval to buy/sell bitcoin, isn't it means that bitcoin is not completely independent ? Then why should we rely on it ?
Argoo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 227

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:52:36 AM

In the case of the regulation of the country's crypto currency, it approves not every transaction with bitcoin or other crypto currency, but only once recognizes it as a means of payment. The state after that follows not the movement of the crypto currency as such, but it is in its interests to pay taxes by citizens and legal entities of the profit tax on operations with crypto currency. Other operations, or the fact of the movement of the crypto currency, the state in this case should not be interested and this data can and should remain hidden from the state.
Raegorl

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

★Jetwin.com★

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:59:42 AM

Bitcoin was created to withstand these kinds of obstacle, as long as the community keeps thriving like it is right now. Governments can really put up a good fight but i think in the end its for the best if they hop on the crypto wagon.

avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1507

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:26:19 AM

I am not completely sure about the way we are using bitcoin right now. If we eventually need governments approval to buy/sell bitcoin, isn't it means that bitcoin is not completely independent ? Then why should we rely on it ?

Government doesn't have the power to regularize bitcoin. Instead it can regularize bitcoin users by providing some framework and taxing on transactions. Once it happens, then probably it will give more boost to bitcoin and crypto world all together. Because the legal status of bitcoin is not clear in most of the countries and still the market cap is 96 billion USD high. Just imagine where it can reach once governments start approving it. A little tax will not do any hard but instead an approval will ease a lot of things and overall it will be good for the crypto world.

sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:32:28 AM

There are advantage and disadvantage for bitcoin using
As long as the government using win win solution for bitcoin usage policy, it won't be any problem !
Most people already aware that their government will charge a tax for bitcoin as their revenue

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:37:04 AM

As a consequence of bitcoin having been regularised by governments, we would have still many reasons for being relied on it.
Because bitcoin makes our transactions easier than any centralized currency. We can send and receive this currency from any part of the world.
We are interested with bitcoin as it rise and fall more frequently than fiat currencies.
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:37:12 AM

Government can't control bitcoin. Bitcoin is self producing with mining. And I think that the only way that government can influence bitcoin is when it comes to legality. When butcoin is banned then it may not be used. But bitcoin will always exist. And I know that it will be the mode of payment soon. So depending in bitcoin is not based on its opportunity to earn but also by the easier transactions made.
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:16:44 AM

If they want to regulate Bitcoin they need to control and regulate all the users and miners of bitcoin through the whole earth, they can't control its price and its volume, the quantity is limited and the quality gets higher everyday, that's why some government just bans it to their own country the only thing that the government can do to this coin, other than banning, they can implement some government coinbase app or website that have a system to impose tax and extra fees for the transaction of the bitcoin.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:28:39 AM

i think you are confused about the meaning of some words and what bitcoin is supposed to be.
bitcoin is decentralized, which means nobody can control it. they can control you when you are living in a country/society and you are forced to follow the rules. it is like the traffic laws. if you build a car from scratch all on your own and in your backyard, it still oesn't mean you can cross the red light. you still have to wait like others behind it.
with bitcoin it is the same. regulation means you can not use bitcoin to launder money for example!

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Yuhee

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:29:32 AM

If they want to regulate Bitcoin they need to control and regulate all the users and miners of bitcoin through the whole earth, they can't control its price and its volume, the quantity is limited and the quality gets higher everyday, that's why some government just bans it to their own country the only thing that the government can do to this coin, other than banning, they can implement some government coinbase app or website that have a system to impose tax and extra fees for the transaction of the bitcoin.

I think it is better if government would make their own mining system i the blockchain. That way, they could become bigwhales wou can control the price of bitcoin. Better yet propose plans to ally with bitcoin services for the economy and innovate it to its citizen to support any project from the government. Because it is hard to control citizens once they know how bitcoin fully function as an investment income.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:28:12 PM

I don't think it will ever go this far. I mean, I guess this is true for exchanges, because every business is required to have a permit, but it's not going to apply to majority of the population. I think taxing purchases will be the furthest they could go without outright banning it. Because of the way Bitcoin is set up, there's no way they can take control of it and its transactions. They can't go after every single person that uses it either. This means they can only really go for the entry and exit points: vendors and exchanges. Government intervention should largely not affect the way you trade. Bitcoin would remain independent even then, because governments can't issue them or control their supply.

n4poleon

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:47:40 PM

What are the things that make you not sure of? Why do you think we need government? Bitcoin is already regulated by its monetary policy in code. You can simply rely on it because it is open on how it works. Code by code. While the government is not.
An0nyMoose

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:07:01 PM

We should rely on Bitcoin because they might try and ban it and issue their own digital currencies, but then they'll probably be buying bitcoins on the lows so they're going to end up losing in the end because people can see everything online now.

Blockonomics                          ██
                         ████  ██

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄ ████  ████  ██
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ████  ████
    ▄█████▀▀         ▀▀█████▄ ██  ████
   ████▀                 ▀████   ████
  ████      ████████▄      ████ ████
 ████        ██    ██▄      ████ ██
████         ██     ██       ████
████         ██   ▄██▀       ████
████         ███████         ████
████         ██    ██▄       ████
████         ██     ██       ████
 ████        ██    ██▀      ████
  ████      ████████▀      ████
   ████▄                 ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:44:54 PM

Here in my opinion we should do something something instead to do nothing because it is more better to do work instead to spent for the future descion .
Here in my country which is India is really a big problem because the government in my country want to collect tax but don't want say clearly that what they want take descion about bitcoin in real way that whether they will ban or declare to use without any problem.
But here people are using bitcoin fully without control Because they are making lots of money.
Here is myself spent about 6 years , so here I am using my experience to make more and more earnings daily , here you can understand well that I can't leave my work and experience that I got with the hard work of 6 year .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
harmunian

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:09:23 PM

i don't think that the goverment is going to regularize it.
carlerha

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:20:58 PM

i don't think that the goverment is going to regularize it.
I think we have good example of Japan, who are economically too much strong, they regularize bitcoin, and i think still too much successful. Therefore i am sure that other countries will also regularize bitcoin very soon. In fact it is depending on the number of bitcoin users, if the users of bitcoin are increasing from time to time then they will surely compel their government to turn bitcoin as legal currency, because it is the need of the modern time to have a online currency which we can easily use throughout the world.
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:28:42 PM

The underlying technology behind bitcoin, its decentralization and the possibility of anonymous transactions are few of the reasons why people rely on bitcoin. Governments can try to interfere along the line but Bitcoin will stand and remain independent.
BIG Tyrese

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:33:09 PM

Bitcoin can't be regulated. They don't control the developers or its users. The blockchain is public information and cant be changed basically a ledger. No country in the world could regulate it.
splat44

Activity: 384
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:37:21 PM

Because they don't control the bitcoin itself. i want bitcoin to be decentralized. but i think if government will regulate it their will be a good and bad side. you know what i mean? Government wants to collect tax from their citizen. they should rely to blockchain to help their economy grow
romeitaly

Activity: 308
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:45:20 PM

i think you are confused about the meaning of some words and what bitcoin is supposed to be.
bitcoin is decentralized, which means nobody can control it. they can control you when you are living in a country/society and you are forced to follow the rules. it is like the traffic laws. if you build a car from scratch all on your own and in your backyard, it still oesn't mean you can cross the red light. you still have to wait like others behind it.
with bitcoin it is the same. regulation means you can not use bitcoin to launder money for example!
This is true. Bitcoin will not be controlled by anyone, anywhere. The government can use it to develop economy, or the country itself, but they cannot put bitcoin under them. Whether used by ordinary people or powerful people, bitcoin will be fair to the users and it will do.its part in our everyday lives without looking who is who.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: