Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 01:37:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: crypto strategy this week?  (Read 922 times)
toefu (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:12:15 AM

like many on here, i've got some btc and a few bags of depressed alts. selling low doesn't make a lot of sense and btg seems tempting. wondering for some advice on what's the plan here:

strategy 1: convert to btc and get btg. convert to btc has some merit, but getting btg doesnt seem worth it. i'd expect btc to climb until oct 21, and then dip ~2-4% on oct 22. btg at best is going to be worth ~8% of btc (using bch as a reference point). you would think alts gain 10-15% on oct22.

strategy 2: convert to btc and try to figure out what is the most promising alt that has been very depressed, and reinvest in this alt on oct 21. if this alt can gain 10-50%, you pretty much have a winner.

strategy 3: hodl your bags. seems like an ok strategy, but it would seem to make more sense to go to btc right now and then rebuy your bags a few days before btc HF. it's inevitable that most of the alts will continue to drop.

just for reference, i'm holding lisk, omg, monero, neo, ark. i see nothing but more red for these for the rest of the week.

i personally like strategy 2 right now. let me know if i'm analyzing this wrong, thanks.
krazy89

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:18:35 AM

Buy every altcoins and get rich . Literally everything is on sale now , dont ever wait for that Btc gold bullshit.
Shotz

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:19:23 AM

I think you can easily find an alt that will do 10-50% so really it's a matter of do you think BTC will keep rising?  If you're in btc in the next few weeks and you did your research then you could walk out of the trade happily.  

artmen007

Activity: 238

FrontEnd developer

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:13:46 AM

Look prospectively and buy. STRATIS, ARDR, Yes a lot of them. After this dump as mininmum couple of weeks, everything x2 will do

High risk high payoff
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:49:34 PM

If I were you I will go with tree, one thing I have learned in the space is that no matter the scenerio long term investor always win big provided you are into a project with active development and strong community support
tdeannova

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:14:45 PM

like many on here, i've got some btc and a few bags of depressed alts. selling low doesn't make a lot of sense and btg seems tempting. wondering for some advice on what's the plan here:

strategy 1: convert to btc and get btg. convert to btc has some merit, but getting btg doesnt seem worth it. i'd expect btc to climb until oct 21, and then dip ~2-4% on oct 22. btg at best is going to be worth ~8% of btc (using bch as a reference point). you would think alts gain 10-15% on oct22.

strategy 2: convert to btc and try to figure out what is the most promising alt that has been very depressed, and reinvest in this alt on oct 21. if this alt can gain 10-50%, you pretty much have a winner.

strategy 3: hodl your bags. seems like an ok strategy, but it would seem to make more sense to go to btc right now and then rebuy your bags a few days before btc HF. it's inevitable that most of the alts will continue to drop.

just for reference, i'm holding lisk, omg, monero, neo, ark. i see nothing but more red for these for the rest of the week.

i personally like strategy 2 right now. let me know if i'm analyzing this wrong, thanks.

I also agree that your 2nd strategy seems feasible to run.
Actually alt you are holding is good and alt forward it will be a valuable asset, maybe it could be after btcg release.
I do not understand and confused why many people are interested and want to get btcg.
bouldou

Activity: 403

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:33:37 PM

I agree on your strategy 2 also

I also have some "depressed alts" myself, and that's what I'm gonna do Smiley

Vous voulez une Lambo ? Investissez dans le YENTEN : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2706079.0
JohnnyUranus

Activity: 130
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:37:48 PM

Why not get the max amount of btc gold you can and then dump it. Free money. If you think btc will rise even more before the gold fork then buy btc NOW to get max profit.
TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:15:05 PM

It seems to me that buying all sorts of coins this week is a good idea, but keep in mind to spread your budget and not risk allin.

toefu (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:08:38 PM

i've been dropping any coins that had any spikes. i should've sold lisk yesterday on that spike but wanted a little more. i expect to buy back in in a couple of days. omg still looks really depressed, very tempted to put more there. we'll see. thanks for the input all.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:08:51 PM

I will go with your strategy number one. I have decided to stay with bitcoin and sending some of my coins to exchangers platforms that will give free bitcoin gold. I could not make good money during the last August hard fork and splitting but this time around I am going to take advantage of the free coins. I also believe that after the hard fork we may get an upward movement in bitcoin core price and altcoins may get dump including bitcoin cash because many traders may like to cash up with the trend . The second option also may likely happen as many bitcoiner may just decided to hold the coins in there private wallet in other not to be taken unaware. 
xiaoyum

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:25:17 PM

My strategy is basically going to be hold on your bags quite tightly to avoid any panic selling. And buy as much as bitcoin you can. I think bitcoin gold is profitable cause its free money even if it doesn't worth.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:27:50 PM

My strategy is to hold the bag and wait for rebound. If you sell in losses, you will never know whether you can buy at this price.
bhantom

Activity: 673
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:36:57 PM

I prefer you to hold your altcoin in bag. It is the safest option for your money. Good luck
paladium

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

CHIEF GROWTH OFFICER OF GLOBAL ENTERPRENEUR

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:40:27 PM

I will wait and see what I have been doing for a long time. I trust a lot of altcoins that I hold (a little too much Smiley)

▄▄
          ▄▄████▄▄
       ▄▄████▀▀████▄▄
    ▄▄████▀      ▀████▄▄
 ▄▄████▀            ▀███▀
████▀                  ▀  ▄▄
███                      ▄██
███                      ███
███   ███▄        ▄███   ███
███   █████▄    ▄█████   ███
███   ███▀███▄▄███▀███   ███
███   ███  ▀████▀  ███   ███
███   ███    ▀▀    ███   ███
███▄  ███          ███  ▄███
 ▀███▄███          ███▄███▀
   ▀█████          █████▀
     ▀███          ███▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀▀███
███████████▀▀▀      ███
█████▀▀▀       ▄    ███
██▄         ▄█▀    ████
█████▄    ▄█▀      ████
████████▄█▀       █████
██████████  ▄     █████
██████████ ███▄  ██████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀██████
████ ▀███████     ▀▄███
████   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄████
█████              ████
██████             ████
███████▄          █████
███████▀        ▄██████
███▀▀        ▄▄████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████▀▀▀▀███████
██████████▀     ███████
██████████   ██████████
████████▀▀   ▀▀████████
████████       ████████
██████████   ██████████
██████████   ██████████
██████████   ██████████
██████████   ██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀         ▀▀█████
███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███
██   ████▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀   ██
██  ███▀       ▀  █  ██
██  ██▀  █████  ▀██  ██
██  ██  ███████  ██  ██
██  ██▄  █████  ▄██  ██
██  ███▄       ▄███  ██
██   ████▄▄▄▄▄████   ██
███    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███
█████▄▄         ▄▄█████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
██████████████▀████████
████████████▀ ▄ ▀  ▀███
███████████ ▄███▄  ▄███
███████████ ███████████
██▀  ▀█▀▀     ▀▀█▀  ▀██
██     ▄▄     ▄▄     ██
███▄  ████   ████  ▄███
████   ▀▀     ▀▀   ████
█████  ▀▄▄   ▄▄▀  █████
███████▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀███████████████████
███      ██████████████████
████▄▄▄▄███████████████████
████    ██    █▀    ▀██████
████    ██            █████
████    ██    ▄███▄    ████
████    ██    █████    ████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Gambit1306

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:48:52 PM

My guess is that you can make more on a good alt flip than you can by holding your BTC, assuming you have less than 1. I plan to sell the alts that I can make a profit on this week, and then spend almost all BTC on a one to three solid alts which are low for no apparent reason.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 05:04:56 PM

maybe it is just me but it was very easy for me to decide the strategy for this week.

i pulled my bitcoin out of altcoin market and i am currently holding bitcoin and outside of the market. doing this i am doing two things, (1) i get ready for bitcoin gold forked coins and (2) i stop losing money because altcoins are getting dumped.

although the strategy doesn't stop there. i am watching the market closely and i am waiting for my moment to come back in. for example i already have placed buy orders in some altcoins to buy them in case they went below support lines.

--looking for signature--
boristhebat

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:26:52 PM

Dump BTC buy alts.  Once alt goes up by 2-3x then buy back into bitcoin while it will be low.  Repeat over and over again.
radeone

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 06:07:15 PM

have btc in an exchange that will give you bcg switch to alts after that and hold on to your pants. btc will be hitting 6k this year.

ICO IS NOW LIVE    ▐┃▌    1WORLD ONLINE    ▐┃▌    WHITEPAPER
✣ ✣ ✣ ┃ Revolutionizing ONLINE MEDIA with BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY and incentives for AUDIENCE ENGAGEMENT™ ┃ ✣ ✣ ✣
ANN \ / TELEGRAM \ / FACEBOOK \ / WHATSAPP \ / TWITTER \ / KAKAOTALK
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:25:04 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2017, 05:48:02 AM by xIIImaL

I will wait and see what I have been doing for a long time. I trust a lot of altcoins that I hold (a little too much Smiley)

Go with bitconnect or ethereum or Monero if you are looking to invest for long term you can go with that. For short term gnosis, tenx, nem and many coins are there in the list you can choose any coins in the lost which is increasing from the past 1 month and buy and resell it after some week you will be able some money with that.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: