Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 07:04:27 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about ebook reader  (Read 129 times)
KEDAR (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:00:24 PM

Hello, I've got a question to bitcoiners who are in possession of ebook reader.
I want to buy myself an ebook reader but here are my concerns:

1) not sure which model should I choose, can you recommend me some? (been thinking about Kindle in general)
2) I want features such like selecting the word and translating it to my language (preferably offline translator), bookmarks and perhaps taking notes (that's not necessary tho)
3) I have few pdf files that I'd like to convert into a more readable format for ebook readers and they also have images - is there any way for lossless conversion? I've heard that's quite a problem to convert pdf with images into epub / mobi. The perfect scenario would be that desire file format would look like the same as pdf.

Thank you in advance for any helpful answers.
mrnuts

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:08:22 PM

I'd go with Kindle, you can download Calibre (it's free) to convert every type of file to .mobi or .awz ... PDF files are really hard to convert to every book, so that's going to be a huge problem no matter what you choose  Sad

GMule

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:23:21 PM

I would look at the Kindles, if possible you want to see one in your hand.  Its primary role is as an e-reader, so make sure you are happy with the ergonimcs and display.  If you don't like it, you'll end up not using it and it will just have been a waste of money.  I like the paperwhite, but I have to say I've not really played about with changing from pdf.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
Jignx

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:20:24 PM

Either a kobo series or a used Kindle from ebay.

Either way ereaders are things that lasts forever and will prove to be a proper companion with you for years to come if you read a lot of books.
yourbro11

Activity: 55

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:43:47 PM

I love reading on Pocketbook or Ipad
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: