Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:04:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Google Authenticator or Authy  (Read 2080 times)
Sene90

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:03:12 AM

I have been using Google Authenticator for the past 2 years without any problem. Never used Authy so I can't say anything about it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JmanS

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:13:00 AM

I use Authy and it's never let me down
Sikka157

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:25:16 AM

I have used google Authenticator so far and never had a problem. I have not used Authy so cant say much. But i recommend google Authenticator.
masonli@M_27

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:38:55 AM

I am trying to find which 2FA app is better. I have read reviews on app sites but 8d prefer feedback from everyday users and not just bloggers.

Google authenticator is the best way to using it has great demand. most of the people using it for security purpose. it can save our data files and some other information more carefully. so in my point of vies it is very good to use. goggle increasing day buy day its features for the people so really it is good.for using Google authentication never has no any problems for that reason i have to use this Google authentication.
kiran882

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:34:24 AM

Authy has backup functionality. Google authenticator doesn't have it.
cryptochr

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:03:08 PM

Am using Google Authenticator.. what will happen if I loose my mobile?
TTITA

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:41:26 PM

i still using Google authenticator for a year, i connect it to some exchanges logins

it still works great and my security keep feel safe with 2FA
jshark

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:51:20 PM

I've used both, but I prefer Google Authenticator. Just don't make the same mistake I did. I thought that like other Google products, it would be backed up if I did a factory reset on my phone - that is not the case. If you don't have the backup code for a website or exchange written down somewhere, you're more or less screwed unless you can get the support team to remove it from your account. This usually results in your account being locked for some arbitrary time frame.

Moral of the story - write down those codes and keep them safe!

This is why I switched to authy. Lost my phone & laptop, couldn't restore new phone as backup was on the laptop. Was an idiot & didn't print out the recovery keys. Took me about 3 weeks to get access back to everything & then set up in Authy.
Digital_Currency_LTD

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:03:21 PM

I am using google auth.

As somebody posted here before, read this links:

Authy VS Google authenticator(r/androidapps): https://www.reddit.com/r/androidapps/comments/64xkkr/authy_vs_google_authenticator/
Authy vs Google Authenticator - Coinbase(r/bitcoin): https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/5ol41r/authy_vs_google_authenticator_coinbase/
jshark

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:11:43 PM

I am using google auth.

Authy VS Google authenticator(r/androidapps): https://www.reddit.com/r/androidapps/comments/64xkkr/authy_vs_google_authenticator/
Authy vs Google Authenticator - Coinbase(r/bitcoin): https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/5ol41r/authy_vs_google_authenticator_coinbase/

Welp.. looks like I'll switching back to google auth after reading those. Thank you.

I've known authy isn't as secure but I guess if someone can get a hold of my number i'm in a worse situation than I was when I lost my phone.

thinkpad99

Activity: 654
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:17:15 PM

I am using google auth.

Welp.. looks like I'll switching back to google auth after reading those. Thank you.

I've known authy isn't as secure but I guess if someone can get a hold of my number i'm in a worse situation than I was when I lost my phone.

He talked to my friend. I was not convinced, but I have been using it for years and I think it is most useful and I have never been disappointed. Why not take advantage of such a cool thing as Authy.
tommypinto

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 05:30:38 PM

You receive a backup code when you first setup Google Authenticator. Just keep it in the safe place! The idea is that it can be used in the event you lose your phone.
MarkJubleg

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:16:00 PM

i always used google authenticator  on exchanger, but i havn't used authenticator tool other than google, may be try  Smiley Smiley
Sanglotslongs2

Activity: 260
Merit: 129

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:25:29 PM

Google authentificator if very limited in feature (including backup).
JTTech

Activity: 227
Merit: 26

PRiVCYM4tters🕵🔐PRiVCY MOD🕵

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 07:33:08 PM

Google Authenticator has been very good to me so far in my experience. I have not used Authy so I can't compare. If you do use Google, make sure you back it up! I had to reset my phone and I forgot to back my Authenticator up and it was alot of work to reaccess most of my accounts. Besides that, it's a great app.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Last Templar

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:33:28 PM

You receive a backup code when you first setup Google Authenticator. Just keep it in the safe place! The idea is that it can be used in the event you lose your phone.

Was wondering the same thing. Ty!
Hannibalis

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

BELUGA PAY. Complete Mobile Point of Sale System

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:00:33 PM

I'm using Google authenticator daily and it's good enough. I'm not thinking to change it.

B E L U G A  P A Y  || The first Complete Mobile POS System || [ ICO 1st Mar 2018 ]
     Visa & Mastercard Certified     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Twitter    Medium
hownowbrowncow

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:46:36 AM

I used G Auth in the past and would probably use again in the future if need be.
JaredStein

Activity: 379
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:16:23 PM

There is also another two factor authentication app called Duo this is apparently better privacy wise then the ones you listed. You can also just use Samourai Wallet where they have a self destruct feature as well as a feature to transfer those funds to another wallet in case of the loss or theft of a phone.
Gears

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:28:25 PM

I am trying to find which 2FA app is better. I have read reviews on app sites but 8d prefer feedback from everyday users and not just bloggers.

I use Google Authenticator on iOS and never had problems with it. Highly recommend from day to day user.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: