Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:17:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] www.AlphaHPC.com - Order Complete Miners & Avalon Chips from 2.146 BTC  (Read 3616 times)
t13hydra (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 10:24:25 PM

Hello everyone,
I'm creating this thread to announce the GoLive of my website, www.AlphaHPC.com. The site was created in an effort to make ordering Avalon Chips and Klondike / Avalon miners easy. Also, it's a good way to keep everyone updated though the newsletter (don't forget to sign up). I've already finished a batch of 10k Avalon chips and have opened anpother one. I'm using John K.'s escrow service to hold the funds for the Avalon chips.

SO! What do we have now? -->
 - Website working
 - Payment gateway working
 - Ordering / notifications / customer communication working
 - Automatic status change based on payment (after n confirmations)
 - Newsletter for major updates
 - Blog for minor updates
 - Hope you like the visuals Wink

About the Hardware:
 - Klondike16 prototype, barebone PCB ordered (lead time is about 2 weeks)
 - A good, firm price offer from the factory for 100 pieces of K16. Tomorrow i'll ask for a price on 1000 pieces. I bet we can shrink the miner prices that way.
 - Place and manpower to setup the hosting service for the persons interested in this. The hosting fee will be 10% and will cover everything, meaning no additional fees above that.

What we don't have: some clarification on the main Avalon reference boards. Some parts don't have parameters. Help is on it's way, so we need a few more days to sort the bill of materials out and then we can ask for a quotation on the main Avalon boards also.

That being said, i'm opening the order window for the Klondike boards. Go to www.AlphaHPC.com, create an account and configure yourself a miner.
- The Avalon chips ordered from the site will be part of the Group-Buy already open here. Hopefully it will fill up faster.
- The Klondike boards and all necessary parts will be ordered after we (and BkkCoins) have successfully tested a prototype Klondike miner with the sample chips from Avalon. If there is demand for 1000 Klondike boards, i will have a stunning street price for them, if not, the price for each board will stay at around 0.7 - 0.85 BTC.

For everything else i have forgotten in this topic, please ask.
My main contact e-mail address is contact@alphahpc.com.
www.AlphaHPC.com
th3joker

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 10:37:46 PM

looks good but the price for GH/s is same as Jalapeno. Will hardly make Roi in late september...

Yeah but how is he going to get the chips any faster? these where ordered from Avalon a few weeks back so it's going to be August for the chips and assembly then shipping in September, pretty cheap if you ask me compared to other asic manufacturers.

That said anything coming in September will struggle to make a good ROI.
t13hydra (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:42:32 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2013, 07:24:48 AM by t13hydra

looks good but the price for GH/s is same as Jalapeno. Will hardly make Roi in late september...

Yeah but how is he going to get the chips any faster? these where ordered from Avalon a few weeks back so it's going to be August for the chips and assembly then shipping in September, pretty cheap if you ask me compared to other asic manufacturers.

True. Thanks for that th3joker. Also, i would rather struggle with Avalon chips and ROI than open a group-buy for BFL chips or make PCB for them..
Ask yourself this: is it too good to be true (avalon chips + pcb @ ~2.1 BTC)?? No. Is BFL too good to be true? Hell Yes! When is my March order going to be delivered BFL? Only God knows when.. Have i thrown out $814 on the window? Hell Yes! That's about it..
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:04:21 PM

True. Thanks for that th3joker. Also, i would rather struggle with Avalon chips and ROI than open a group-buy for BFL chips or make PCB for them..
Ask yourself this: is it too good to be true (avalon chips + pcb @ ~2.1 BTC)?? No. Is BFL too good to be true? Hell Yes! When is my March order going to be delivered BFL? Only God knows when.. Have i thrown out $814 on the window? Hell Yes! That's about it..

Is everyone take a bit too many things for granted on the DIYs?   If DIY was so easy why BFL/Avalon have so many issues?   DIY will have squat in customer support too.

But its CHEAP so no one cares if/when it will work

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
t13hydra (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:13:58 PM

Is everyone take a bit too many things for granted on the DIYs?   If DIY was so easy why BFL/Avalon have so many issues?   DIY will have squat in customer support too.

Keep in mind that i work with a factory who has SMT machines. It's not like we do it manually. Also, a few engineer friends of mine are taking care of some details on the Avalon ref documentation. Regarding the Klondike boards, we will launch an order to the factory when BkkCoins has finished AND tested the board.
Thanks for the heads-up, though.
pro-bitcoin

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:26:51 PM

Good point. I also asked that question myself. But I also ordered chips en let them shop to burnin.

BTC address: 1FVaqniSgLgDcTAzXm9jKcBphskWhiz6T1
t13hydra (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:31:44 PM

Good point. I also asked that question myself. But I also ordered chips en let them shop to burnin.

I can make the PCB for you, probably cheaper than burnin..
As an info: nothing will pass to the customer without being tested. You also get warranty for the devices, so there is some support (if not something 24/7). If any other question arises, please ask.

Regards,
Steve
PeZ

Activity: 297

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:28:06 PM

Malwarebytes blocks alphaHPC.com by default. 86.105.228.173 has a few spammers connected to it.
mo_mo

Activity: 194

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:57:35 PM

The contact us doesn't work, getting error
I want to know if i bought the chip+board complete miner, is it ready to mine once I receive it.
i know I will need a power supply.
titomane

Activity: 389

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 10:25:29 AM

sure this is the solution. Join chips 1st generation avalon

kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 10:30:54 AM

Malwarebytes blocks alphaHPC.com by default. 86.105.228.173 has a few spammers connected to it.

Same on my pc as well  Roll Eyes
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:24:48 AM

Hey t13hydra (Steve),

It's a shame there is not a discount for 10 or more miners, cuz I need 15 Smiley

How will the purchase for these boards go?  Will you be purchasing them right away? Pre-built?

Will there be some kind of escrow?

A question about checkout. I'm In Australia (post code 4802)and shipping options came up as
Shipping
International Delivery: ฿0.700
Local Delivery: ฿1.500
That's strange right?

I'm eagerly awaiting to hear about the other shipping options you were looking at.

-Andrew

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
Reckman

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 04:44:47 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2013, 05:12:19 AM by Reckman

Can you accept paypal? as i have limited trust here
hasher87

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:15:21 AM

this looks interesting, but damn those shipping at a cost of 0.7btc  Shocked
TheSpiral

Activity: 322
Merit: 113

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:16:00 AM

Yeah. Base price is great. Shipping is painful. If only there was a US branch of this good service.
hasher87

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 06:11:42 AM

Yeah. Base price is great. Shipping is painful. If only there was a US branch of this good service.
well there is a 'Hosting' option, but there's not much of a details available in the site. or am i missing it?
hasher87

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 06:12:58 AM

as for your site, i cant seem to complete the shipping address as there is one field missing in it. please make a comparison between billing / shipping and youll get what i mean =)
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 06:45:55 AM

it seems, that there is flat shipping ฿0.7 for everybody and doesn't matter where are you from.)
hasher87

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:55:15 AM

it seems, that there is flat shipping ฿0.7 for everybody and doesn't matter where are you from.)
yup its everywhere, i dont mind if they are actually using DHL/UPS sort of to deliver the product. that i can deal with it
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 06:37:56 PM

I'd like to purchase completed units with chips, left you message on the site under the same name.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: