Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 05:17:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: eBTC Scam - Any successful scams out there?  (Read 336 times)
SirSer (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:09:35 PM

Hello guys,

So I put around 1.5 ETH in eBTC and it dropped a lot because it was a scam, now, I am fine with losing those money, I didn't hope it's a very solid project but I gave it a shot. Now, do you know any other scams that are actually successful for eventhough everyone knows it's a scam coin?
RoadToBTC

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:23:14 PM

I think not only airdrop, ICO is also a possibility of a scam, because too many ICOs are popping up, but as much as we can see the project plan,whether the project will be sustainable,or just a scam project.we can see how the process of a project runs,whether many investors come in, if it's an ICO.but if it's just an airdrop I do not think we need to put our money to buy airdrop coins even though that's good, because that possibility only lasts a moment.be careful in cryptocurrency.
Jeanrogerrabite

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:25:36 PM

For me it was obvious, eBTC...why do you need something called BTC on the ethereum blockchain  Huh

cryptoolk

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:32:20 PM

Hello guys,

So I put around 1.5 ETH in eBTC and it dropped a lot because it was a scam, now, I am fine with losing those money, I didn't hope it's a very solid project but I gave it a shot. Now, do you know any other scams that are actually successful for eventhough everyone knows it's a scam coin?

before trade we must check the based of that coin.i didnt found any project or whitepaper of that EBTC coin .lot of E-XXX coins are scam
try airdrops of thats coins FREE and can earn more eth
SirSer (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:32:38 PM

@Jeanrogerrabite, well, I must admit, I never noticed that. :|
DosManos

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:56:09 PM

For me it was obvious, eBTC...why do you need something called BTC on the ethereum blockchain  Huh

i just had the same thoughts lol ..  Huh
how useful can it actually be? zero..
but ok people learn from their mistakes
you have to see some real promising signs before investing, and a good explanation for why is it going to have a value to the cryptoworld..
value to the cryptoworld = cost money.. thats it

SirSer (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:40:10 PM

I was pretty much hoping to go up just because it had BTC in it. I mean, look at Bitcoin Dark, that coin is worth a lot. I also invested in Ethereum Dark, I hope that's gonna get better, there have been some crazy shit out there regarding Ethereum Dark, I had to swap my old coins, they got swaped but I was a little bit scared that I might get scammed. :| I like it risky... I am sad I didn't sell when it was 4$, I could've bought a bitcoin with the money from Ethereum Dark Sad
deepcryptomine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:49:06 PM

I agree with other user who said there are plenty of ICOs that might be scam. I stopped investing in ICOs (legit or not). Also do not buy any airdrop coins until they prove themselves. If you get free airdrop then its good but do not chase the profit when the the coin is new and when they haven't even released the future plans.
midvoc

Activity: 167

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:54:50 PM

I received the airdrop from eBTC and it shot up to 80cents on coinmarketcap and I thought wow finally on something here - then it dropped like a stone lol. I was going to trade out for ETH but I wasn't confident enough to use etherdelta website.

It is hard to know these days what is a scam - a poster mentioned earlier that some ICO's are scams and just pump and dump coins - if you join these then it is best to get out at the first sign of a significant rise in price - but how do you know the price to get out at really? Remember the guy who spent 10,000 bitcoins on a pizza in the early days - how was he to know the price would be near 6k dollars today?

Best of luck.
Wyre08

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:41:01 PM

Hello guys,

Were you trying to trade it and make a quick profit or were you buying it to hold? Seems like a lot of money to put in a coin like that. There are a lot of coins on the forum that have devs that are working hard, writing white papers, and making good coins that are much much better than any of the eXXX coins.
Guber4

Activity: 76

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:55:37 PM

eToken scams had their run. Poor announcement page, poor or no site sounds like a scam, but people still can earn money if they are smart. Lot of them lose.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
CasualSam

Activity: 85
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:57:37 PM

Hello guys,

There always people around who don't know it's a scam, else nobody would be making any money.
Merptastic

Activity: 60

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:22:54 AM

Hello guys,

For something that was surging so hard, you should be wary of a pump and dump. Seems like a lot of people bought into eBTC and lost quite a bit.
jlp

Activity: 266
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:50:25 AM

I think not only airdrop, ICO is also a possibility of a scam, because too many ICOs are popping up, but as much as we can see the project plan,whether the project will be sustainable,or just a scam project.we can see how the process of a project runs,whether many investors come in, if it's an ICO.but if it's just an airdrop I do not think we need to put our money to buy airdrop coins even though that's good, because that possibility only lasts a moment.be careful in cryptocurrency.

Ethernem is another scam airdrop.

In regards to ICOs, read:

3 kinds of ICOs - Protect Yourself
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2243157
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: