Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:58:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investor Predicts Bitcoin Price to Hit $27k in Four Months  (Read 1033 times)
StockBet.com (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Make A Bet on WORKING SOFTWARE

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 06:12:09 PM

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/investor-predicts-bitcoin-price-to-hit-27k-in-four-months/

Based largely on the 200 day moving average.

Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:15:20 PM

I've known Trace Mayer for years, he has been recommending Bitcoin publicly since it was very cheap, he is one of the original whales and really, really, really rich. He is pretty solid in his reasoning too, even tho sometimes I've seen him pumping some shitcoins most likely for a laugh, he is a solid bitcoiner.

His prediction is possible, consider that Ledger X could make the price explode, and in 4 months the 2x drama should have been solved too.
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:27:49 PM

I've known Trace Mayer for years, he has been recommending Bitcoin publicly since it was very cheap, he is one of the original whales and really, really, really rich. He is pretty solid in his reasoning too, even tho sometimes I've seen him pumping some shitcoins most likely for a laugh, he is a solid bitcoiner.

His prediction is possible, consider that Ledger X could make the price explode, and in 4 months the 2x drama should have been solved too.

Trace Mayer is indeed a pretty interesting character. His tweets are pretty well thought out and give me a good laugh most of the time.

I think his approximation here is a little too steep. Yes, Bitcoin has the chance to blast off, but I don't think it'll reach 27k in a matter of a couple of months. Even that is too fast for Bitcoin growth. Perhaps this value may come in the next few years instead.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
J. Cooper

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

Alea iacta est

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:38:39 PM

Trace Mayer is indeed a pretty interesting character. His tweets are pretty well thought out and give me a good laugh most of the time.

I think his approximation here is a little too steep. Yes, Bitcoin has the chance to blast off, but I don't think it'll reach 27k in a matter of a couple of months. Even that is too fast for Bitcoin growth. Perhaps this value may come in the next few years instead.
Interesting figure, I just followed him on twitter. I think this tweet in particular is somewhere inbetween humor and reality. 27k in no less than 4 weeks is a little bit exaggerated, even for the bitcoin bull. But looking towards the future it's seems more and more probable that we will hit that kind of price somewhere in the future.

What makes you think LedgerX will explode bitcoin's price? I've heard the term a couple times now and you've tickled my curiosity a little bit, I'm probably going to dig a little on this topic but I would like to hear your insight as well.
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:45:28 PM

This would be amazing although given the timeframe I highly doubt it (but would be ecstatic to be proven wrong). Generally speaking moving averages may be a decent indicator but with not sure how that would be applied to BTC considering how it's not like any stock or share I've seen before.
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:59:53 PM

It's the second highly bullish article I'm reading. It seems all our news outlets are trying to exploit the greed and lure more people in. Cheesy
I'm joking, it's going to go up anyway, but I don't believe it's going to be that fast. Positivity is great, but let's be real. To make the price go up by over $20k in just 4 months would be a dream come true for us all. It's too good to be true.
mike4001

Activity: 443
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:35:38 PM

Yes, that's how you predict the stock market ... lol
MissionPhailed

Activity: 583
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:09:51 PM

Four months? Color me surprised if this actually happens; a lot of investors / traders are going to grab the oppertunity to get out with lots of profits long before we've reached $27K. I presume its going to take at least a few years to reach this value. But then again, Trace Mayer is probably way more into the cryptomarket than I am!

I do notice a lot of people investing agressively into Bitcoin with sometimes their entire savings, caused by recent exposure of BTC in the media and rumours about "free money".
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:28:24 PM

I am reluctant to believe in technical indicators as the main factor when predicting Bitcoin's price.
It is pure hit or miss - technical indicators shouldn't be treated as definitive proof that bitcoin will/won't be worth $X amount of money.
Indicators may comfort you, but in reality, they are doing you more harm than good. This prediction that BTC in February will hit $27k is too good to be true IMO.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:05:15 PM

Every day some body is predicting the future price, all they have to give us is predicting, where is the real party with some girls to jump on? lol. where do they get so much money to invest on Bitcoin? it's not a joke to see people investing billions literally every single day, there is no holiday for them.
I'm not a millionaire why? I've invested on a lot of shit coins for years. -BTC&Ξ I bought any other cryptocurrencies but still a homeless beggar, begging for translations in every new thread. if price hits $27K in four months then I'd just need 4 Bitcoins to buy a house and live on my own?
*Putting my beggar hat on*
Totally inspired by Lauda. fast lol and rofl.

🖤😏
btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:27:29 PM

This would be amazing although given the timeframe I highly doubt it (but would be ecstatic to be proven wrong). Generally speaking moving averages may be a decent indicator but with not sure how that would be applied to BTC considering how it's not like any stock or share I've seen before.

Considering his prediction in 4 months, I highly doubt myself that its gonna be happened, though just like you I will be very much happy to this come into fruition  Grin But where does all the money will come if bitcoin will push to this level? That's the main reason why I don't think that it could be achieved in short span of time. Or maybe he's just put all his millions to the market? Maybe 10K is a decent prediction, but 27K is too much for the current market. I will try to follow him on twitter and see what other predictions he has given to bitcoin and look if indeed it has been hit or what. He looks like another Johm McAfee with all of his bold prediction and seem very bullish.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:53:28 PM

Seriously? $27,000 per bitcoins in just four months? I highly doubt this, they are just basing their speculation on the moving averages. This will likely not be the case, as prices are just moving based on supply and demand, right now there is likely people pumping the price due to the possible event of segwitx2 by november. This will likely drop prices again before that time, so those people that are pumping it will dump their bitcoins for fiat and buy back when the FUD happens with segwitx2. Now they are richer by double by that time.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:01:15 AM

Well, when he predicted $3000 back in then before the halving, a lot of people were saying how he has insane and delusional.

Sure, $27k sounds nuts, but it's not out of the realm of possibility, it's just a prediction based on past performance, he didn't say it would happen, it's just a calculation based on past tops and 200 moving averages, and according to his calculations, it wouldn't even be the most extreme approximation, it would be even higher if you take the more aggressive approach (very overvalued):

zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:33:52 AM

Price of the bitcoin has jump from around $650 to around $5.7k this year and there a couple month left. So I thought $27k are make sense for next year. But I dont think bitcoin will reach that price with just four month. Well, we dont know what would happen next, but I know that bitcoin always prove its power, and we always underestimate bitcoin. Of course everyone are glad to see thats truly happening. But don't forget, It is just a speculation.
rickie247

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:51:26 AM

in 4 months seems like a bit too soon for such an increase. The most I see it at is 10k in 4 months. no more than that
MiF

Activity: 1358
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:17:37 AM

The $27K is possible but i doubt that this will going to happen by next year. Considering some of new players of bitcoin and some are not a holder that i believed most of them will not afford the highest value for now in which it is very expensive to purchase how much more if it will reach $10,000 which is  the most speculated value for next year. Some of them will shift to altcoins which is the cheapest then just trade it bitcoin if they earned so the point is $27,000 is very difficult to happen in just 4 months.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

rogerwilco

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:27:32 AM

It absolutely could happen. But if it did, it would be near the top of a bubble and it would probably be wise to cash out a large portion and look to buy back at a lower price.
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:26:20 AM

I dont think the price of hitcoin reach 27k dollars after four months. Because even the price of bitcoin continue to increase its very hard to reach that. Because we need to reacg 10k dollars befire they reach that. Yes possible bitcoin price reach that after few years maybe after 10 years or 1 decades . But everything is possible to happen maybe it will increase the price or maybe it will decrease.
Chachacoin17

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:11:48 AM

It's the second highly bullish article I'm reading. It seems all our news outlets are trying to exploit the greed and lure more people in. Cheesy
I'm joking, it's going to go up anyway, but I don't believe it's going to be that fast. Positivity is great, but let's be real. To make the price go up by over $20k in just 4 months would be a dream come true for us all. It's too good to be true.
Yes, I agree l. It's too good to be true. And I know that all "too good to be true" ideas are simply not true at all. I am a solid bitcoiner too. I have high hopes that bitcoin is unstoppable, that bitcoin will continue to rise and that bitcoin is my way to financial freedom. But given the timeframe of 4 months, I don't think.it will happen . I say in 1-2 years time perhaps it will come true.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 04:34:51 AM

That's exciting analysis. And it's certainly possible to see that kind of growth. We've seen 5x growth this year, so if next year starts at $5000 we could see $25000 growth.

The reality is that all the talk is just speculation until it happens. There are so many variables that can be modeled but not predicted, and therefore there's a lot more explanation to refute this investor's hunch than to support it.

I like moving averages as an indicator of the overvalue or undervalue of a traded asset today. But I don't like them for future price movement predictions. Moving averages are deceiving because until price direction changes the trend looks more aggressive (to the upside or the downside) than is actually likely to occur.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: