Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:48:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex made alts crash ??  (Read 1207 times)
tuiputui (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:49:57 PM

Any though on this subject? BITTREX dumped a lot of alts at the very same time that produced the spark of alts crash?

suppoman commenting on this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmbjiHPdUbs

official reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/75cbk2/bittrex_is_the_reason_of_the_alt_coins_to_drop/
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:09:30 PM

Any though on this subject? BITTREX dumped a lot of alts at the very same time that produced the spark of alts crash?

official reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/75cbk2/bittrex_is_the_reason_of_the_alt_coins_to_drop/
Did you mean if that was just a manipulation from the bittrex? And another thing in my brain about and so to listed on the bittrex the developer must pay a lot of the altcoin to the developers? What the heck that was so shady.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
tuiputui (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:24:55 PM

well thats what i did understand in the video, they dont have the power to make such dump, but thet can make the snowball start rolling?. there is some part of the video that i dont undertsand regarding the korean exchange partnership and payment of dividend, as my english is not native
KryptoKai

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:28:00 PM

It OP of the reddit thread does have a good theory, Bittrex will need to dump their alt holdings at some point and hiding it during this BTG induced dump is a good way of cloaking it. But as others have said - it could be trading bots

tuiputui (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:46:35 PM

http://thecryptosyndicate.com/opinion-bittrex-anomaly/

too many bad noise on bittrex last days with the locked accounts.. but now this is uglier? its just too weird to be a coincidence?
rommelzkie

Merit: 125

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:01:13 AM

Bittrex is one of the leading cryptoexchange especially for altcoin. I bet they want an extra money.

Choosewise

Activity: 192

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:06:19 AM

I'm pretty sure bittrex only takes fees in btc.

coinporch

Activity: 1036
Merit: 252

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:01:42 AM

i trade on bittrex but i think the crash of alts is because bitcoin value has increase
just my opinion

tanghere02

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:50:07 AM

Whether there is a manipulation on Bittrex or not, I still like the site more than any other sites because they are by far the most reasonable site I've ever encountered. And I basically don't have any problems with this exchange site as well. And oh probably the reason why altcoins are dumping is probably because Bitcoin is close to reach the $6000 goal.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
HPC1984

Activity: 147

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:00:37 AM

i trade on bittrex but i think the crash of alts is because bitcoin value has increase
just my opinion

Yeah, I feel like this is the more likely reason.

What incentive does Bittrex really have to dump alts? I would think that would slow trade volumes and their commissions if that was the case.

Plus didn't Bittrex give BCH to BTC holders on their exchange? Wouldn't it kill people's faith in them if they didn't also do that for BTG?
nosanoko

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:05:50 AM

Smells like conspiracy.  Grin
Not sure if they are the ones who did it but it's obvious what happened was intentional.
tuiputui (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:56:37 AM

Whether there is a manipulation on Bittrex or not, I still like the site more than any other sites because they are by far the most reasonable site I've ever encountered. And I basically don't have any problems with this exchange site as well. And oh probably the reason why altcoins are dumping is probably because Bitcoin is close to reach the $6000 goal.
I use  Bittrex, i never had problems with it (but many people is in the last weeks, search it in the forum), yet i don´t find anything special about it... Also most of good new projects are not there.. they don´t even have "chainlink" and are usually the last to incoporate this exciting  new projects because apparently entering requires to pay a huge amount of coins. So Bittrex is totally fulled with tones of old unised coins that nobody cares excepts the pump-dump gangs.

Will i stop using it?, i´m already not using it  as much as before.. and honestly i don´t feel like supporting someone who has such power in the community to choose who success and who does not.

Argument: People are moving alts to BTC

This is mainly false. Though it is true, it didn’t happen at the scale that matches with the volumes moved from alts to BTC across any other exchange. This wasn’t a market-wide movement like we saw with BIP91 activity between June and July.

Argument: It’s just whales

If it were just whales, you wouldn’t have seen this level of diversification and havoc in every page of Bittrex. This pattern is everywhere, from page 1, through page 7. This pattern doesn’t show up on any other exchange in this fashion. Whales don’t buy LGD, come on…

Again – we are not journalists, we are analysts. We are open to discussion or other raised insights in any of our Social platforms (Facebook, Twitter or Slack).
xooho

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:31:21 AM

manipulation on the stock exchanges it is a common thing
muvie

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:02:39 AM

I'm pretty sure bittrex only takes fees in btc.
No, if you sell an altcoin you have to pay fees in the currency you are selling. Just have a look at a trading pair and type something into the sell form. Fee for Trex will not be calculated in BTC.
boyrocky

Activity: 212
Merit: 10

“The Internet of Sovereignty”

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:06:27 AM

i think it is the BTC hardfork and the expectation that BCG will reach atleast $300 - $600
so people are moving alts to btc

truimpheriues

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:49:51 AM

official reddit

all altcoin crash not made bittrex
all altcoin down price, because bitcoin price incraese very high and go the moon
tuiputui (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:21:28 PM

its confirmed the partnership with the korean exhange. i hope when it goes online we see some movement for alts

zxl912157

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 12:15:24 AM

I still believe in bittrex, and still use it. it's been 3 years I used it and so far no serious problem.
if bloody altcoin was just a result of BTC prices.
and yesterday a lot of coins that are discarded is a rule related volume trade.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:09:11 AM

official reddit

i think its normal for the altcoins to be dumped because  just like in bitcoins their market value are always fluctuate and not stable. also these days altcoins are dropping not only in bittrex but also in other exchanges probably because of the consistent rise of bitcoin and on the upcoming hardfork that said will occur on mid of october and november. but for sure altcoins would rise again back after the fork.
trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 05:23:31 AM

I don't know exactly what happened in bittrex but I know they dump the coins that they will delist right before the announcement.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: