Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 01:29:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] 1BTC and 5BTC Casascius Blanks [Real Potential to sell for $100+ fiat]  (Read 823 times)
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 12:01:17 AM

So,
I used to (and still do, to some extent) try to collect all the Casascius blanks I can. By "blanks" I mean redeemed and cleaned coins, or as is the case with the 5BTC rounds you see pictured, rounds that never even had a hologram on them (bought from Casascius as blank "roll your owns"). Each blank I would carefully polish to get looking good again (this is not the same as cleaning; cleaning a coin is bad, polishing it is something different. I know a few things about coins Wink. Then, I would list them in an auction on eBay as "Loadable Casascius Blanks". I would prep the coins for loading and used a tamper-proof hologram on the back, identical in function to Casascius's. I kid you not, each 5BTC blank I sold at auction sold for over $100. They all sold for over $150, except for one that sold for $120 something. Disclaimer: a couple of those auctions included .05 bitcoins (makes sense to load .05 on a 5BTC coin) that I would load once the customer confirmed they got their coin. THAT was my mistake. I listed these under "currency" and on some attached actual bitcoin value. Now my PayPal account is in ruins. It is "limited" and I have done everything to lift the limitations, but they are "still processing it"-fuck PayPal.
BUT, if you sell these under the "collectable" category as loadable bitcoins (include the hologram, all things necessary-maybe a case), and DO NOT include ANY bitcoin value, I think PayPal will leave you alone. Especially if you only sell one or two. Like I said, I sold the 5BTC blanks in auction, not the 1BTC's. I have one up for auction w/a different payment method accepted other than PayPal (which ebayers know and are comfortable with)...people are staying away. I'll probably end up having to cancel the auction.
So, since you have the ability to make money that I no longer do, I suggest you buy a blank and take advantage of it!
I'm not going to list a price. I'm also not planning on selling ALL of these. When making an offer, keep in mind 1)the 5 BTC blanks were never used-they came fresh from Casascius, 2)all of these are 2012 blanks, 3) I will include for free (if you want) instructions, a hologram, a coin sleeve (or hardshell case if I like your offer) so you can sell these on eBay like I described. Please do not waste your time or mine lowballing. There is obviously real value here.

btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 12:05:03 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2013, 12:17:10 AM by btceic

I'll start,
1 @ .10

Edit: I also would like instructions, hologram and hardshell case.
Edit 2: I will be re-loading mine (if I win one) and saving it in my safe for the next 30 years.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 12:14:51 AM

I like auction-style posting, keep it going
*edit: I will contact you via PM if I like your offer.
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 12:19:19 AM

2 @ 0.25

1 for each of my twins

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
nzbmaster

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 12:25:44 AM

1 @ 0.15

Preferrably a 1BTC blank, with the instructions, hologram and sleeve.

Thanks.
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 12:35:30 AM

These are for sale on BitMit @ .4BTC/ea-and that doesn't even include what I will.
I personally think thats a bit high, but should be taken note of Wink
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:11:04 AM

Updated Price as I had a kick ass night at the poker table.

1 @ 0.175 BTC & I will pay your shipping costs in BTC (up to 0.025BTC)

I want instructions, a hologram, with hardshell case

Also this is my last offer, and if good for 18 hours after this post.

that is less than I paid to acquire some of these
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:12:43 AM

I can do 2 for .5BTC total
(including 2 cases and domestic shipping)
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:00:45 AM

Updated Price as I had a kick ass night at the poker table.

1 @ 0.175 BTC & I will pay your shipping costs in BTC (up to 0.025BTC)

I want instructions, a hologram, with hardshell case

Also this is my last offer, and if good for 18 hours after this post.

that is less than I paid to acquire some of these

Again hold on to them buddy (I am not trying to offend you, know that), don't lose money, I am not going to blame you for that, someone else will buy these, I like them but not in the same way you do, like we have discussed before but I got some others things tied up thus the 18 hours, its not that I am being a prick its other things are moving for me.  These are cool for me but that over ~0.2BTC they lose their bling, but so are the aluminums that you were thinking about buying. If you got some of those I will take some.  
No offense taken at all. I consider you a friendly acquantence on here (and somebody I don't hesitate to do business with). I just decided to post these on a whim today...primarily because I am getting impatient with PayPal (a truly horrible company, all the shit-talking you hear about them is true). If I get a good offer I'll let a couple go, if not I'll hold onto them. I really want some of those aluminum things, but 500 is more than I need and I don't want to spend that much. I was disappointed when my effort to organize a group-buy sort of thing failed lol. If you need someone, put me down for 100!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: