Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:17:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone else have ICO fatigue  (Read 735 times)
MinerLeague (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:56:05 AM

i've lost interest, anyone else?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ryanyulinruan

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

Just another Canadian Cryptocurrency enthusiast!

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:05:32 AM

I've generally lost interest too.
Mainly because there are so many, and many of the new ICOs are really obscure and are pretty much 100% scams.
When ICOs first came out, that was really interesting, seeing new ideas flourish and new systems. There was a lot of innovation and potential. Some of the first ICOs today are doing pretty well and the developers are true to their word.
Now... It's like "Oh! Look at this ether based token that does absolutely nothing! Buy now for  a 20% bonus!". After the ICO? The developers disappear. Magic.

Donate BTC here: 1MW9aJeXcVygR93zGrCrBAqaAZLoVSd9z
coinswebid

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:20:59 AM

yes, me too,
but, with so many ICO at this moment, this make cryptocurrency world become very popular and this is why the marketcap of cryptocurrency always increase ? and all crypto users will got the advantage of this

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:24:08 AM

@MinerLeague. I have the same sentiment. But I reckon it is because the market for ICO tokens is not booming. But if the bulls come back and bring us 10x returns again, the sentiment will change, not only for me but for eveyone including you.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
MinerLeague (OP)

Activity: 27

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:40:03 AM

i have a theory that all these erc20 based ICO's raise a bunch of ETH for the devs, who turn around and sell it.  For this reason the market is flooded with an excess of ETH for sale, which is keeping the price down. 

Hopefully as more people realize how important it is to be more selective with ICO's, the supply of ETH will dry up and therefore cause the price of ETH to rise.
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:45:20 AM

August and Sept indeed is a month of crazy ICO. I have done a lot of research on so many ICO and that took up like at least 1 hr per day. Looking at youtube video, going into their telegram and slack channel to get the latest update, allocating my eth etc. Putting in my calender when ico crowdsale date, when is next tier, when is token transferrable, when to register for whitelist.
omashi

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 05:36:49 AM

You should checkout CommerceBlock, it's a privacy centric second layer decentralized banking and finance network over Lightning Network and Sidechains, unlike others, we create off-chain smart contracts, we believe most scaling should be done out of the base layer (btc, eth, etc..), unlike others, we focuses on proven academic research, checkout BIP175, our technology is blockchain agnostic, currently we are focusing on bitcoin and ethereum  where is most demand and liquidity, unlike others, we are customer centric, we have two existing clients already, a US based trade finance company, and a UK based real estate company.

Check out our ANN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2190748
Check out our whitepaper: https://www.commerceblock.com/commerceblock-whitepaper.pdf
Check out our website: https://www.commerceblock.com/

Good luck,
Omar

CBT ◆◆ CommerceBlock ◆◆ CBT
Creating Decentralised Financial Infrastructure (https://www.commerceblock.com/)
◆ Whitepaper (https://www.commerceblock.com/commerceblock-whitepaper.pdf) ◆ ANN Thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2613540) ◆ Github (https://github.com/commerceblock) ◆ Twitter (https://twitter.com/commerceblock) ◆ Telegram (https://t.me/joinchat/Ge36IURXhKAS_6HTznUXUg) ◆
CoinEmperor

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:53:16 AM

You should checkout CommerceBlock, it's a privacy centric second layer decentralized banking and finance network over Lightning Network and Sidechains, unlike others, we create off-chain smart contracts, we believe most scaling should be done out of the base layer (btc, eth, etc..), unlike others, we focuses on proven academic research, checkout BIP175, our technology is blockchain agnostic, currently we are focusing on bitcoin and ethereum  where is most demand and liquidity, unlike others, we are customer centric, we have two existing clients already, a US based trade finance company, and a UK based real estate company.

Check out our ANN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2190748
Check out our whitepaper: https://www.commerceblock.com/commerceblock-whitepaper.pdf
Check out our website: https://www.commerceblock.com/

Good luck,
Omar

^

It's kind of annoying as fuck too, but every now and then you get a spam comment about a stupid ICO no one has any interest in. Really makes you feel caring even less about ICOs. But yeah, after putting in a lot of money in ICOs already, I think I'm done. No more ICOs please, no more mass spam tokens please, no more mass shit please.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:59:26 AM

I am beginning to lose interest too. No, it isn't that I think some the ICOs are scams but because it is very difficult getting the coins after one has made a transfer to the company's site. The btc is withheld for days unending.

Why would any sane devs stress would-be investors and have a timeframe when their allotted daily sales would be made and most times the coins are sold out within two minutes. Yes, just two mins and you begin to wonder who and who were able to buy in if not a prearranged schedule by the devs and their teams. This scenario is ongoing right now with hextracoin and glasscoin ICOs. I have been in hextracoin for more than 10 days now trying to get in. Very stressful!

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
criticoflife

Activity: 353
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:22:51 AM

Just like in real life you have to look for the diamonds in the rough. 99% of ICO's are total rubbish and will never go anywhere but i still get excited when i see a great coin with fantastic future potential. It can be tiring scrolling through pages of fake airdrops and pump n dump ICO's but i still believe it is a fantastic way to find a truly valuable coin/token if you look hard enough. Don't lose hope guys the x100 is somewhere out there. Right now i'm looking into Jetcoin which has been around for a long time but is re-inventing itself with some new strategies/ideas.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Karen23

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:11:30 AM

Slight, I am starting to lost interest on ICO.  If the token listed on coinmarketcap and started showing on exchange, people are starting to dump their tokens.  And a lot are having ICOs you don't know anymore which is legit and scam.

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER     █ █ █ █     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     █ █ █ █     ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ● ⚫ ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MrZ28s

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:26:49 AM

The previous months were difficult on investors since crypto market generally went downward. Now bitcoin is gaining momentum again. I think alts will follow soon including solid ICOs. Just make sure you studied well the ICOs you are planning to invest.
Mallyx

Activity: 1138
Merit: 574

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:36:36 AM

i've lost interest, anyone else?

Exchanges, I think.
The biggest aren't listing anymore like they did before.
Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 07:38:31 AM

I understand how you feel. The truth of the matter however is that its only the start.

Still there are 80% of people who know nothing about ICO's or cryptocurrency.

It reminds me of the Internet in the late 1990's and early 2000's.

Babayega31

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:39:57 AM

The most struggling part of the investors is when bounty dumpers throw there coins and suddenly the value fell down and getting a hard stretch before it pump again and many investors lose there money for this things. But if the project coin they held is good and they will put there trust in then they must not be worry for there coin since it will surely pump on some other time and it is been proven by different ICO altcoins onhere.

followmenot

Activity: 533
Merit: 251

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:45:37 AM

i have a theory that all these erc20 based ICO's raise a bunch of ETH for the devs, who turn around and sell it.  For this reason the market is flooded with an excess of ETH for sale, which is keeping the price down. 

Hopefully as more people realize how important it is to be more selective with ICO's, the supply of ETH will dry up and therefore cause the price of ETH to rise.
I somekinda agree with you. It is not crystal clear but it feels like current icos don't wanna invest into their tokens. They are staying with ethereum to guarentee investments or basically selling out to btc.
I also lost my interest for icos, I am lot more selective now.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
TE-FOOD

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

TE-FOOD provides trust for food supply chains

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 08:22:37 AM

It's understandable that a lot of people lose interest, when many ICOs are simple copies of former ones, or pure scams.

But from the other side, as those companies are already funded, which should make the infrastructure backbone for future blockchain projects, maybe it's time for real life projects, which actually help people's lives while using blockchain.

Our company, TE-FOOD International has 6000+ business customers, we are an established business with a lot of traction and decent revenues, as we operate the largest livestock and fresh food traceability system in Southeast Asia. We are in no way a scam, and we are no copy of former ICOs.

Beside this, we are working to improve food safety in emerging countries, and literally save lives (600,000 people die each year because of foodborn diseases, mostly in developing countries).

Our ICO is planned for November. Capital raise is not needed to develop the system from scratch, as it is ready and working, but to grow and enter new markets.

So I think there are still interesting new ways to utilize blockchain technology, and build legitimate businesses.

fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:31:04 AM

I missed the first few and saw returns of 10X etc. Then i watched them like a hawk and got into a few but now I mainly ignore all of them even though i am probably missing a few good ones. ICo fatigue for sure
PadenoM

Activity: 308
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:38:13 AM

Hi, offcourse yes  Im tired of all bullshit, too many scam, I miss the amazing project that evryboy is craving for
Viberate team

Activity: 14
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:04:18 AM

Hi, offcourse yes  Im tired of all bullshit, too many scam, I miss the amazing project that evryboy is craving for

Have you seen ours? https://www.viberate.io/en/
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: