Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:02:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the risk of holding Bitcoin?  (Read 19135 times)
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:40:34 AM

In holding back I can assure you that you will gain from that but the risk is you will not do anything to it and when it dumps it dumps but if you became stupid and sold it well that’s not the reason why you hold.
cause the reason why you have and you may choose to hold it cause you really wanted to have some great opportunity of having and taking some risk of it so better to have patience and think positively, also you have to decide it that you may have to take the risk while you may choose to hold this for a long time.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HELLOFF

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:30:56 AM

In holding back I can assure you that you will gain from that but the risk is you will not do anything to it and when it dumps it dumps but if you became stupid and sold it well that’s not the reason why you hold.
cause the reason why you have and you may choose to hold it cause you really wanted to have some great opportunity of having and taking some risk of it so better to have patience and think positively, also you have to decide it that you may have to take the risk while you may choose to hold this for a long time.
I'm worried about the inexplicable growth of Bitcoin. I'm used to realizing in real life that the price of a product and the dollar rate depends on certain things. And even if you take for example gold, then it has both physical value, but in the case of crypto currency, especially with Bitcoin, things are quite different. I can not understand What is the value of Bitcoin, if the price rose to 20,000 dollars.
zemb

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:15:04 PM

The biggest risk of the holding of your bitcoin is the sudden and unpredictable changes in its price.There was a time that you wanted to sell because of its increasing price, but then there were chances of it will still go up.But the sad part is, it will fall. So it was the biggest sacrifice on holding back.
bitzizzix

Activity: 2380
Merit: 448

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:04:17 PM

As long as the growth keep on continue, then you got nothing to worry, you just need to make sure your wallet got a tight security and you dont lose your private key, the only unpredictable problem is maybe the government will make regulations or banned bitcoin
I agree with you, the worry is the government prohibits the existence of bitcoin or can not to transact with the bank, for storage bitcoin we can rely on a safe wallet. but it's all pointless if the government bans bitcoin in his country.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
baghdatis1990

Activity: 504
Merit: 14

Miracle Tele

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:06:00 PM

Risks are multiple. If you refer to the bitcoin's risk, there are quite large fluctuations. If you bought bitcoin now, when the price is high, the risk is even higher. If you refer to hackers, the risk is high without a well-walled wallet.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
kumara

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:10:51 PM

You won't lose anything by holding when you only invest what you can lose. As long as there is volatility Bitcoin will continue to be valuable at least to traders.
A Fahriz Thiago

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 07:15:45 PM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
But I want to know what the biggest risk is to hold Bitcoin?
The biggest risk if you invest your money directly into bitcoint is that you could get huge losses and not meet the target of what you invest. But investing in bitcoin is actually very good, you can get multiple benefits if you can wait for the price to rise high.

kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:15:55 PM

As long as the growth keep on continue, then you got nothing to worry, you just need to make sure your wallet got a tight security and you dont lose your private key, the only unpredictable problem is maybe the government will make regulations or banned bitcoin
I agree with you, the worry is the government prohibits the existence of bitcoin or can not to transact with the bank, for storage bitcoin we can rely on a safe wallet. but it's all pointless if the government bans bitcoin in his country.
There are many ways to withdraw funds, don't despair if the state government forbids you. We can make a withdrawal through a bank of another local country that has received full bitcoin without any prohibition, then you can convert it to your currency.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
cryptoalfs76

Activity: 406

▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰&#9

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:05:41 PM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.

The risk of holding bitcoins  is you must suffered to wait a month or maybe a year before  you can earn a big profit,you need a right timing that the price value will grow rapidly,so if the value will slowy to go up,or sometimes its will down,you must have a patience to wait,until the time that the price is going back to normal,and its needed also of your right decision whether you can hold much more longer or  its better you trade it now,even you can gain a small profit,so you must thinks wisely when holding bitcoin because sometimes when you hold so much maybe its turn the coins to zero value.

komjhq

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:06:24 PM

The biggest risk if you invest your money directly into bitcoint is that you could get huge losses and not meet the target of what you invest. But investing in bitcoin is actually very good, you can get multiple benefits if you can wait for the price to rise high.
Generally speaking, I believe that all the activity of a crypto-currency carries in itself a certain level of risk. At least people who have invested their real money in Bitcoin, today risk losing the interest they hoped for. Especially if a person bought Bitcoin for 13,000 dollars, expects that these coins will rise in price to 20,000 dollars. But the situation is so shaky that Bitcoin can drop even below $ 10,000. That's how you can say that many risk losing enough big money.
vibingpositively

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:22:08 PM

Biggest risk has to be something happens in the world that causes the internet to stop existing and your bitcoins would all be worthless or gone. But if that is happening then losing your bitcoins isn't your biggest problem Grin

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:41:16 AM

I think there few risks involved in holding bitcoin such as; storing your bitcoins in an online wallet/exchange, the price fluctuations, stealing or fire outbreak for hardware wallets, and online scams if you are not very careful.
Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:06:24 AM

I think there few risks involved in holding bitcoin such as; storing your bitcoins in an online wallet/exchange, the price fluctuations, stealing or fire outbreak for hardware wallets, and online scams if you are not very careful.

those risk must consider by the others especially the security of the coins from your wallet , and also the price of bitcoin that might drop for a couple of weeks so if you hold bitcoin make sure you can hold it as long as you can and as long as the price is good dont sell bitcoin when price start to drop , if i were you holding bitcoin for a couple of months is good enough for you to earn.
vijendra singh

Activity: 148

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 02:17:57 AM

Dear It is crypto world !!! here nothing is permanent. If Bitcoin go up like anything , it might go down like anything too. Another point is, it is digital currency which i call technical currency and technology always changes. So suppose someone introduces better concept than Bitcoin then it will be zero.

These are the risks as per me.
EricJoTran

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:13:16 AM

Of course the biggest risk is LOSS if you didnt protect your Bitcoin wallet and due to the fluctuating of Bitcoin world.
Aprodite

Activity: 364
Merit: 17

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 06:25:53 AM

There may be only one risk if you have bitcoins. when your bitcoin wallet does not have a high level of security, it is very likely your bitcoin will be stolen by others. try to always update your bitcoin wallet password.
ronafurw

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:11:55 AM

Here risk is only depends on the bitcoin price,bitcoin prise always changes.we can hold bitcoin for future plans.bitcoin is digital currency.bitcoin is the new generation currency it has long life.we can hold bitcoin till price is increase.
Bitcoin is a digital currency that is changing like crazy at the moment so it does kind of make sense for investors to feel risky or afraid bout the price.  Experts also fail in predicting its value increasing the fear in the hearts of investors. One thing is for sure Bitcoin is going to grow in the coming years and if there is a downfall the holders should not panic. It is not that risky to invest in Bitcoin as people keep on saying.
Exidous

Activity: 239

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:40:48 PM

govement regulations can destroy Bitcoin, i think some time in the future, the coinmarket will crash. i think you can guess  how risky that is.
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:03:10 PM

Of course the biggest risk is LOSS if you didnt protect your Bitcoin wallet and due to the fluctuating of Bitcoin world.
It’s not that much risky as people are thinking because people think if they spend a lot of money on it and then they keep it on hold for long time and its price stop growth so what they will do because they think they invest a lot of money and then they can’t withdraw their money so for sure they have to wait for more long time but it’s not true bitcoin price is high day by day and it don’t stay on one place so you can jeep it on hold.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
RondoAnyar

Activity: 651
Merit: 101

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:10:09 PM

govement regulations can destroy Bitcoin, i think some time in the future, the coinmarket will crash. i think you can guess  how risky that is.
I think if the government regulation does not have a positive impact on bitcoin it is certain that the risk of holding bitcoin will be very high and will definitely get a loss. but if the government had a positive impact it would not be a big risk to hold bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: