Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:42:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the risk of holding Bitcoin?  (Read 19135 times)
Cacingkemi

Activity: 1484
Merit: 516

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:30:37 PM

Hacking would be huge fear of holding bitcoin in our wallets.  Though we set our wallets so secured, it's better at times to to shift the BTC to other wallets we have. Fees would be still there. But safety is very important.

Yes hacking one of the reason for holding bitcoin in the exchange. Users invest on bitcoin but as always saying don't invest only in basket. Spread your bitcoin in different wallet for better safety and dont rely on exchange.
Yes this Is good approach to put your coins in different wallet but if they are put in same one then there will not be any problem because now bitcoin administration has changed a lot of security protocols so that no other than you can access your coins and they will not let anyone from deep web to just come and take away your coins system is secured enough now.
I believe in a long-standing market to save my assets,if my assets are missing then it will be replaced by it because there is a market system that penetrated by hackers so it can anticipate if there is more attacks.Is better kept in a private wallet but if hit by a hack then lost and not replaced by anyone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 01:18:37 AM

I don't see any risk in holding bitcoins as I am holding since last one year and I have already made huge profits from it so if you invest now and hold for next few years then you will be making good profits for sure but its better to invest some bitcoin in altcoins instead of keeping them idle in wallet as with investments you will be able to grow your coins which is never possible with only holding.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
FoxTheHuman

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 02:39:44 AM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
But I want to know what the biggest risk is to hold Bitcoin?
The big investors they hold a large amount of bitcoin and they expect its price to reach a high value in the next few years. And it seems they are sure about this, and some others hold it for the upcoming hard fork event with the desire to get more bitcoin gold.
RedX

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 02:43:35 AM

The biggest risk that I know that everybody deosn't want to happen is where btc will fall below $1000. This will hurt investors who just recently bought bitcoin and it will cause a huge panic and it could be a 50/50 chance of survival for bitcoin. But I don't see any signs or any events coming that will trigger this.
daxiake

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:06:53 AM

The biggest risk that I know that everybody deosn't want to happen is where btc will fall below $1000. This will hurt investors who just recently bought bitcoin and it will cause a huge panic and it could be a 50/50 chance of survival for bitcoin. But I don't see any signs or any events coming that will trigger this.

Its hard to believe that price will fall that low now as its history now and we will never see that low price of bitcoins in near future and even if something goes wrong I don't think it will go below the price of $4k so there is nothing to worry and the price of bitcoin will continue to increase in future so its always good to hold your bitcoins without any pressure.
BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:14:47 AM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
The risk of holding Bitcoin for over a period of time is that they is a tendency of you losing your money any time the market value of Bitcoin depreciate. And this usually happen to Bitcoin and not just Bitcoin alone but other altcoins have experienced the same lost in their value. Your risk of holding Bitcoin will be high if you are a panic seller, because you might end up selling at lost during the time of a serious decline in the market value of Bitcoin maybe course as a result of technical or serious fundamental problems against Bitcoin.  
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:30:48 AM

Seems you haven't read about the bitcoin yet because you lack the basic knowledge of cryptos and bitcoins. Its quite simple and everyone knows that what could be the risk of investing in a currency having volatile price. You may suffer a loss, it could be big loss or small one. So you should be mentally well prepare while investing in cryptos and bitcoin to bear a loss.
Dalmar

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:38:31 AM

There are numerous risks involved in investing specially for cryptocurrencies. Investors are waiting for right time to join uptrend channel.If you follow their path you will be successful after learning all that stuff.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:41:06 AM

Seems you haven't read about the bitcoin yet because you lack the basic knowledge of cryptos and bitcoins. Its quite simple and everyone knows that what could be the risk of investing in a currency having volatile price. You may suffer a loss, it could be big loss or small one. So you should be mentally well prepare while investing in cryptos and bitcoin to bear a loss.

There's always that. Everyone loses every now and then even those who we consider as experts. That risk is accepted by everyone dealing in trades. What many are anxious about is how long this will continue. Many are saying that bitcoin is a bubble waiting to pop and that time is what many people are trying to prepare for

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Smarty14392

Activity: 560
Merit: 286

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:40:01 AM

Holding bitcoins is not risky, many investors are converting their cash to bitcoin for them to hold it because they know that bitcoin is very secured currency unlike other currency, so they know they will earn a huge profit on it just by holding it and that is the reason why bitcoin price continue increasing as we saw in its market capitalization.
There is NO risk in holding bitcoin as we can see that bitcoins price is ever increasing and more and more people are getting attracted to bitcoin and they need more bitcoin to have great profit. due to its increasing popularity its price is also increasing and the people who will hold it will gain a tremendous amount of profit from the bitcoin in some years or the can also get a huge profit in some months \. so holding bitcoin  is a secret every bitcoin investor and holder will have to make there profit from bitcoin more in the digital world.
A.H.Rassel

Activity: 560
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:54:00 AM

I think the greatest risk including in the holding of bitcoin is might be later on its esteems go down and in view of this low value, you will lose your cash, our hope bitcoin increases his value up day by day
richcorner100

Activity: 616

https://exip.live/

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:55:56 AM

The risk is when the government ban Bitcoin and prohibits to use it. Another risk is high fluctuation of Bitcoin that can cause losses of up to 50% or more of our investment.
But this risk is unlikely to happen because Bitcoin is getting increasingly popular and even some countries like Japan have legalized Bitcoin.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:16:49 AM

The risk is when the government ban Bitcoin and prohibits to use it. Another risk is high fluctuation of Bitcoin that can cause losses of up to 50% or more of our investment.
But this risk is unlikely to happen because Bitcoin is getting increasingly popular and even some countries like Japan have legalized Bitcoin.
every trading have a risk but there is no guarantee of anything that will give you profit. just like that in holding bitcoin there is no such risk as usual rate of bitcoin is varying with time but mostly rate of bitcoin is increasing so i think in holding bitcoin there is no risk.
kateryana81

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 07:51:18 AM

In every investment you have face the risk, without risk it is not possible to find the gain from investment you are going. The best suggestion is always invest where if you loose that it should effect your personal needs.
Risk is just something we cannot stop facing in any investment. The difference is that the risks are usually higher than each other.

Interestingly, the larger the risks, the more the possibility of gaining even more. Bitcoin has been around now for years and that apparently has reduced the risk from high to mid risk investment and that is something and only time will tell whether those who took that huge risk today will be happy they did later in future or not.
I think the only risk in bitcoin holding today is the volatility in the price. The price is not stable and due to some rival statements the value of bitcoin fell down to about 2900 dollars from that of 4600 dollars. Now the price is again on that previous point but still the people are afraid of losing their investment due to the volatility in the bitcoin price. On the other hand bitcoin is the most trustable coin all over the world.
ceferov

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 09:37:45 AM

I know that we all believe in bitcoin and it's technology. But we should accept that investing in crypto is high risk and thats why its so expensive. More risk more earning

https://www.ETH2X.com - Multiplayer roulette gambling platform.
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:26:40 PM

Bitcoin is volatile, the surprising way how it pumps may also happen the same way in dumping. Bitcoin value changes from time to time, it actually rises to $6000 dollar by now. Personally I still put my trust with bitcoin even knowing the risk. Bitcoin have been tested for more years and still expecting to rise. Seeing the current demand, we could expect greater value in the next months.
minmin88

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:15:41 PM

Risk is you can lose much money, but if no risk you no earn more money. Sure!

And you maybe look and earn more about bitcoin and politics all about them.
otunayode

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:48:35 PM

The only risk of holding bitcoin is not holding bitcoin! Holders always enjoy value appreciation

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P crypto exchange   ]      ▬▬▬▬    THE MOST ADVANCED P2P
                                      Telegram        Twitter                   CRYPTO EXCHANGE PLATFORM
                                                    Bitcointalk      Facebook            [   ◾◾◾ JOIN ICO      WHITEPAPER   ]
atronax

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:57:45 PM

Everything that rises so high, eventually will fall to real pit. And it'd be better if you get your profit before that. Greed isn't a good advisor, and every risk should have a solid basis.
yamortsac

Activity: 154
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 05:30:35 PM

Investing and holding bitcoin is risky because we can never know if the price of bitcoin will continue to grow or it will suddenly drop down and not recover again then all your money in investment will be gone. And one thing is the possibility of your bitcoin wallet to be hacked if not highly secured. But no risk no gain so you just have to be more cautious and knowledgeable to know when to place and withdraw your bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: