Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 06:12:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Unique coins  (Read 1683 times)
paging (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:37:33 AM

The price is expected to jump.
This thread is not about price speculation
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 11:16:23 AM

Please list all unique coins.

Ethereum - Smart contracts.
EOS - Async Smart contracts.
NEO - Smart contracts
QTUM - Smart contracts

For a list of supposedly unique coins it's a bit same-ey. Too few details on the technical side to be meaningful - Bitcoin's scripting language is quite capable of effecting “smart contracts” - for the same arbitrary definitions of “smart” and “contract” that everyone else seems to be happily taking for granted.

Unique? Try Datacoin - 128K of data stored on the blockchain per tx, Slimcoin - unique tripartite minting (by proof-of-burn, proof-of-stake and proof-of-work), Gridcoin - BOINC client, Gapcoin - prime gap search, Navcoin - unique anon system, and those are just off the top of my head. You might need to break down the technical aspects into categories and go for a “top five” in each. Top tip: ls -l ./src/qt/forms usually gives a clue to GUI extensions which may be offering special unique features and github is searchable.

(btw, every blockchain observing the bitcoin protocol is a directed acyclic graph)

Cheers

Graham
btct22

Activity: 615
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:56:57 AM

PIVX - Private currency coin with Zero Coin anonymity - the first 100% Proof of Stake coin with this feature.

CRAVE - Awesome masternode coin with Dark Send and high ongoing passive income.

CROWN - Unique application licencing and payment coin with masternodes and soon to have "system nodes" that run apps.

paging (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:26:43 PM

Please list all unique coins.

NEO - Smart contracts
QTUM - Smart contracts

For a list of supposedly unique coins it's a bit same-ey. Too few details on the technical side to be meaningful - Bitcoin's scripting language is quite capable of effecting “smart contracts” - for the same arbitrary definitions of “smart” and “contract” that everyone else seems to be happily taking for granted.

Unique? Try Datacoin - 128K of data stored on the blockchain per tx, Slimcoin - unique tripartite minting (by proof-of-burn, proof-of-stake and proof-of-work), Gridcoin - BOINC client, Gapcoin - prime gap search, Navcoin - unique anon system, and those are just off the top of my head. You might need to break down the technical aspects into categories and go for a “top five” in each. Top tip: ls -l ./src/qt/forms usually gives a clue to GUI extensions which may be offering special unique features and github is searchable.

(btw, every blockchain observing the bitcoin protocol is a directed acyclic graph)

Cheers

Graham

It is on purpose that the technical details are limited. Agree on Bitcoin scripting language[non-turing complete], but thats not on the top feature of bitcoin.
Unique in terms of code written from scratch, instead of clone\and add few extra features on top of clone.
Rinder

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:22:01 AM

Waves has an amazzing project in hands and a lot potencial to replace eth or became a huge rival when we talking about ICO with the huge difference you can benefict from waves tokens, since the fees will return to you in the end. I do believe raiblocks, XRB is unique as well, instant transactions and no fees, some say its the competitor of Iota, the coin has been made from the scratch and has a nice and active team working into it.
paging (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:26:33 AM

Waves has an amazzing project in hands and a lot potencial to replace eth or became a huge rival when we talking about ICO with the huge difference you can benefict from waves tokens, since the fees will return to you in the end. I do believe raiblocks, XRB is unique as well, instant transactions and no fees, some say its the competitor of Iota, the coin has been made from the scratch and has a nice and active team working into it.
Added!
Bukx

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:55:22 AM

IOTA had to be one of the most ‘unique’ coins out there. Uses a DAG instead of a blockchain and advertises free  transactions + unlimited scalability (due to the DAG structure).
Whether they will achieve the last 2 efficiently is currently arguable; but one thing that is not arguable is its uniqueness.
I just heard about the DAG. Its good about zero fee. But i still do not find the other advantages.
leea-1334

Activity: 2282
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:58:20 AM

By definition are not all coins unique? Even if they were clones, they already are different from their original copies by blockchain, by price etc.

What you are looking for here is technological innovation, and some of your coins are definitely in that list. I would say for example BitRadio is unique because it was one of the few that looked to revive old methods of listening to radio, something that is dying out but brought a fresh outlook through cryptocurrency and blockchain.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
elliottflz65

Activity: 134
Merit: 147

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:01:51 AM

I think Waves is probably one of the most unique coins on the market right now.
imperatron

Activity: 459
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:16:30 AM

Please list all unique coins here in this thread in terms of tech, code etc.

List goes here based on comments in alphabetical order.

ARDOR - Hierarchy of blockchains.
Bitcoin - Value system.
Chimaera - State channels, gamer's blockchain.
IOTA - DAG, Zero transaction fee.
LISK - Side chains
NEO - Smart contracts
QTUM - Smart contracts
Raiblocks - Block lattice, Zero transaction fee.
Rise -
SIA - Decentralized storage
Walton - IOT
Waves -

Ardor and Lisk a very good picks for  long term. I am sure you will make profit if you just ignore these two coins for some years Smiley
thinkpad99

Activity: 654
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:39:30 AM

I think Waves is probably one of the most unique coins on the market right now.

I think next to Waves unique coins also have ethereum. It is expensive for now, but I think it is a very forward-looking direction. I invested a little bit and counted on big profits.
biletskiy

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:56:38 AM

So what about waves and rise? Do you find information about it why they are interesting?
Will check this thread later to see you answer!
Volant

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:00:07 AM

How has nobody said ARK yet? Definite game changer.
Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:07:38 AM

Xtrabytes is totally unique, so much so its hard for people to understand it. I heard Suppoman the youtuber didnt understand it...but then again he is a twat.  Cheesy

Its so many innovations as its the blockchain fundamentally done differently.

But if you need a description that shows its destintive I personally think of it as  'A decentralized google store for Daaps'

The uniqueness is Daaps are all integrated into the one chain unlike platforms like ETH and others which create other chains to make DAAPS function on a new token. Xtrabytes also can run ICO's but its the ONE central ecosytem that makes it unique and static nodes all earn money from the Daaps. 
paging (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 01:50:09 PM

How has nobody said ARK yet? Definite game changer.
ark added
paging (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 01:56:45 PM

So what about waves and rise? Do you find information about it why they are interesting?
Will check this thread later to see you answer!
Waves is being projected blockchain for token exchange? Rise is about pluging-in different programming languages to create ecosystem?
wordspavovv

Activity: 139

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:40:31 PM

Lykke, I think is very unique in many ways! I can't think any other unique coin!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
eltradestor

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:04:29 PM

bitshares, digibyte, minereum
palle11

Activity: 2338
Merit: 332

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:53:48 PM

I haven't seen SIA on here, it's quite unique with their cloud storage on the Blockchain.
Then we have Ethereum, which is unique for their smart contracts, it deserves a spot on your list.

Yeah, ethereum is doing good plus its market capitalization. It actually deserves a place on the list. Waves is good
pureclckr

Activity: 243
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:20:11 PM

bitshares, digibyte, minereum
Hey mate what are these you mentioned above, and I guarantee that none of us had ever heard about them and the only unique coin nowadays is bitcoin because of its profit and its eases other crypto are used just as investment but bitcoin is used also as currency secondly this coin is accepted all over the world and this gave ease to spend it also and on top of it bitcoin is standard raiser coin so no offence in it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: