Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:19:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: eth is weaker than you think  (Read 1234 times)
Gastotade

Activity: 545
Merit: 250

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:30:40 AM

This is why we love ethereum. Dev is working hard to fix problems. And there will be more forks as mentioned on roadmap.
No need to panic and sell

Yup eth will be like btc soon,more will acquire it since we can't depend on btc all along we must try others too. Not only for our benefits but to experience what eth can give too.

SIGMA.
by HYDRA X
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.No commissions.
.or hidden fees.

Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:45:58 AM

Everything has its weaknesses, and nothing in crypto is a mature technology yet. But I think Ethereum is better than most, which is part of why it is number 2 in the charts and the top alt. I say have faith and give it time to mature.

Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:54:41 AM

There are already several threads writing about Ethereum as not as solid as it appears to be. However I believe a certain coin is only as solid as its support. It is only as strong as the strength of support its followers show and commit. I guess ethereum started off a bit weaker. But as time passes by and projects as well as investors are starting to back ethereum up, it also grows more solid and stable.
ryanben

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:57:38 AM

One issue that caused ETH prices to be hampered was the unknown amount of supply. This makes investors hesitate and trust Bitcoin, if ETH overcome this weakness, the price of ETH will grow ceaselessly.

RautK

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:01:01 AM

https://www.coindesk.com/ethereums-geth-client-finds-vulnerability-less-two-days-before-fork/

check this articles. some core developer may not contribute frequently. such as CJentzsch, tgerring, gavofyork.
I hope ethereum could attract more talent and continuous grow, especially speed up pow -> pos transition. How the miner will react to future event, move away quitely to other mining project?

Well in retrospection it all looks good and with more and more development I think ETH performance should better. Its been a few days since the Byzantium hard fork ..
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:01:44 AM

https://www.coindesk.com/ethereums-geth-client-finds-vulnerability-less-two-days-before-fork/

check this articles. some core developer may not contribute frequently. such as CJentzsch, tgerring, gavofyork.
I hope ethereum could attract more talent and continuous grow, especially speed up pow -> pos transition. How the miner will react to future event, move away quitely to other mining project?

It happens everywhere. That is why dev team is very important. Even bitcoin also have its flaws and iota also did not escape from the same situation. That is why neo also got bounty and CoZ council team to help them do check. One very promising ICO quantstamp is getting more and more important for our cryptospace is that it verify smart contract so they can help to prevent similar things from happening.
ubeng07

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:12:40 AM

Everything has its weaknesses, and nothing in crypto is a mature technology yet. But I think Ethereum is better than most, which is part of why it is number 2 in the charts and the top alt. I say have faith and give it time to mature.
As we can see this altcoin eth are growing yes not so totally unlike bitcoin but we see that the growing of this coin is much better than other and I believe that if ETH surpassed its weakness may it be the time that this coin will be known and more investors will go for it.
magiccarpett

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:20:14 AM

eth is the best alt coin for now.
SGToken

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:24:29 AM

ETH has the best use case potential and a strong community. But somehow its price couldn't break its ATH. No price rise even after its recent upgrade.
ArrogantPeacock

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:18:19 PM

just because they found vulnerabilities doesn't mean the entire system is weak. Don't forget ETH is still in beta more or less and it's an evolving product/service/platform, develops learn from mistakes and that's a lesson that they've learned as well (recent fork preparations etc.) by going through all of this is a learn process and is something that has never been done before (such a massive open platform) so you should be more worried if everything is going fine instead of worrying if something doesn't. I'm happy that the develors and community is so open to criticism and things are not done behind closed doors, it's an open project and everyone can contribute his own way, which is beautilful. Ethereum will rise stronger after the fork and continue that way for many years to come.
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:54:20 PM

Well, everything has it's ups and downs even Bitcoin has but alot of people supports it. Ethereum is one of the most popular coin in the cryptoworld so even if it has a technical problems or anything, people will still support it because they know that Ethereum have the best teams in it that will do anything to fix the problem.
LuckyCheetah

Activity: 61

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:46:42 PM

If ETH is weak, what about other altcoins? Do we have any shining long-term examples of excellence? I think not.

It's not that we should expect nothing more from devs, but I think it's robust enough when compared to the market in general.
linaross

Activity: 138
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:41:23 PM

Ethereum is beta, it is not secret! So problems can be.
But developers trying to do best things for it!

yes, I agree with you. there is still much that ethereum can do, they also have a strong community as their supporters.
attention this person hacked the acount
caution !!!!!!!!!!!!! its not roselee .........
Anndrianno

Activity: 185

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:44:41 PM

I've never thought it was strong, but people still love the damned thing- all crazy about those smart contracts. Will see what Buterin is up to))

honeyduckgoose

Activity: 162

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:06:33 PM

It is common knowledge that they are still in the early stages of development and will take time. I think it is just very impressive how quickly they have grown in power and market share.

I expect them to continue to grow with Bitcoin and I truly believe that one day they will catch them.
Zaducis

Activity: 441

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:14:11 PM

I've never thought it was strong, but people still love the damned thing- all crazy about those smart contracts. Will see what Buterin is up to))

This is a new page for the development of the Internet. Huge opportunities open up for business and transparency for users.

bitofc

Activity: 478

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:35:14 PM

because as of now, most ICO's price end up much lower than ICO price shortly after start trading, so the demand for new ICO will be less.  and ICO projects need to lidiquate their collected ETH to pay for their expenditure.  so when sell > demand, price become weaker!
cioloxl

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:46:41 PM

Eth is a pioneer. There will be problems. But, like Bitcoin before it, it created an industry standard. Bar some catastrophe, it will stay the king of ico platforms for the foreseeable future. 
gurunanakji777

Activity: 2100

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:48:15 PM

I do not agree with your comment. Ethereum is very strong alt coin. It is one of the best alt coin in crypto currency market. Most of the new ICOs & new alt coin are ethereum based. It has huge potential but they need to work on their Wallet & security features to make it more secure. If they do so ethereum will move up more faster.

blozo

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 03:51:33 PM

Coindesk is not really objective with Ethereum: a lot of bad articles and FUD  Angry

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: