Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:44:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Often do you Check Your Rigs?  (Read 2309 times)
erkow

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:33:52 AM

When I first setup a machine, I check it every day.
Once things are working, I barely ever check it.

One day, the only way I knew a machine wasn't running was because the room wasn't really warm Smiley
Since then, I set up pools to send me email if mining stops.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HertzCoin

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:42:27 AM

I used to apply e-mail notifications and SMS alerts
some time I was really anxious about checking them, but now I relaxed and follow only alerts
davemanet (OP)

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:51:04 AM

I use simplemining with dwarfpool default.  Does anyone know how to setup notifications?  That seems very useful
0xcosmos

Activity: 585
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:54:33 AM

I use miner monitoring tool
when miner is down I get notification then I reset it
I usually check in morning and before bed
erkow

Activity: 23

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 12:35:36 PM

It was pretty easy to setup email notification on ethermine.org.  It says the feature is "beta", but it seems to work.
Since I've enabled that, my rigs have only gone down when I've stopped them on purpose, so it's hard to know if it's working perfectly.
itzybitzy

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 12:45:27 PM

nanopool supports email notifications if a worker goes offline. I find it to be one of the best ways to see if a machine goes offline.

Also i bought a couple of TP-Link smart plugs and i can power cycle machines remotely with an app on my phone. Saves driving to reset hung up machines etc if you don't have them close by.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 01:06:27 PM

I used to apply e-mail notifications and SMS alerts
some time I was really anxious about checking them, but now I relaxed and follow only alerts

Did you made the notification settings from the  targeted network pool's dashboard you are using? If I am right this is really a good move who are all spending more time in travelling and official works.
Since, doing one rig GPU mining on ethereum. I use to check the morning and time I am going to bed. Threshold push the payment to my wallet once it cross it.`
joshuaj

Activity: 224

IDEX - LIVE Real-time DEX

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 01:50:28 PM

Basically never checked, I just connect to VNC and ensure it is working fine will do.

DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:14:36 PM

If you mine on nanopool you automatically get email alerts whenever your rig goes down. Albeit it's not real-time as to the exact time when your rig goes down but you can expect the email alert to arrive within 30 minutes from when your rig stops mining.

As to me, i check my rig status online 3 times a day. When i get to the office. During lunch. Before going home.
lokinator

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:22:39 PM

Hi All, how often do you check on your rigs?  I notice that I get anxiety when I check them -- as if I'm going to find some rigs down.  This has happened a couple of times.  

Other times, it has been smooth sailing.  

I find myself not wanting to check some times fearing I might see some bad news.

I'm wondering if anyone has a strategy for checking their rigs without it stressing you out.

I check my rigs a few times a day. In the morning when I get up, lunch time and usually before I go to bed. I also mine on a pool that will send me an email when my workers stop working.  Grin

Sometimes my rigs will run for a month straight without any issues whatsoever -- and sometimes they will crash three times a day (usually right around the time Windows pushes updates).

Not sure why you are so anxious. But I hear they have medication for that.  Cool

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:36:41 PM

I don't understand what stress you are experiencing? If the towers are working, they bring you income and that should please you. If you have earned more or less all the money you earn never. I checked their rigs just to make sure that they are digging. This does not affect my mood.
dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:22:49 AM

Hi All, how often do you check on your rigs?  I notice that I get anxiety when I check them -- as if I'm going to find some rigs down.  This has happened a couple of times. 

I find myself not wanting to check some times fearing I might see some bad news.

I'm wondering if anyone has a strategy for checking their rigs without it stressing you out.

I'm currently using SimpleMiner so that I can manage my rigs when I'm away. Also, like what other people suggest, look for an email or sms service that can notify you once a rig is slowing down or being shut.

In my case, I do have a day job and I connect my office computer to my miner thru RDP or TeamViewer (my cousin help me out with this). I also do get anxious from time to time but you'll get use to it once you followed my suggestion.
Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 10:26:29 PM

I check all of mine out fairly often, and shut them off for a thorough dusting off about every 2-3 months, or whenever I see a large buildup of dust.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
ss10miner

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:21:00 AM

almost pools can provide API,  so that you can write a python script to monitor your miners. That's so easy .
Diulamon

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:45:12 AM

Basically never checked, I just connect to VNC and ensure it is working fine will do.

That is what I do. But I also check the pool website.
sorji

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:46:23 AM

I check daily, get email/notice from app when the rig is down.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:49:59 AM

almost pools can provide API,  so that you can write a python script to monitor your miners. That's so easy .

The monitor application will give how much hash rate been used, How many blocks is been mined yet and number of cards or ASIC you connect to mine with the network pool. This query is about how often you check your rig directly.
If you need to reset the miner means you cannot do that by moniter right. Manual reset would be good to manage the heating issue in your miner rig.
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 09:15:53 AM

Hi All, how often do you check on your rigs?  I notice that I get anxiety when I check them -- as if I'm going to find some rigs down.  This has happened a couple of times.  

We have scripts setup to do that.  We still run about 40 rigs out of the old server room that we no longer need.  It is a mile from the main office, but we have a lot of scripted checks and rechecks, plus one server that acts as a network access point of sorts that we can SSH into them from anywhere.  But, generally once per week now that they are configured perfectly.  In the beginning, once a day.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
crocozino

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:48:32 AM

several time per day I have to do it!
I have about 3 rigs to watch out!
and to my expertise all is working smooth and steady if temperature in the room is about 20-23C and all is good with a power level ( no spikes )
then it is working rock solid.
BeerMan81

Activity: 151

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 02:01:58 AM

Claymore's monitoring tool works good for me. When i rig stops playing, some loud music starts playing upstairs. This happened this morning. The wife was getting the kid ready for school and it started blaring. She then woke me up, and i resolved the issue. Issue resolved! Only 10 mins of down time. Back to bed for more zzzz.

Lots of new content coming soon! - https://www.youtube.com/BeerMan81
All-in-one dashboard to monitor coin prices, wallet balances, and your ming pools. Free!
https://mycryptostats.com/?ref=f1440f27
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: